Thread: Interview with the Whistleblower

Interview with the Whistleblower

With politicians, pundits and the media speaking so positively about the honor and sanctity of whistleblowers, there is no better time than now to listen to an interview with a real whistleblower. If you watch one video on the internet this week, this is the one to watch.

———

Full Interview: Edward Snowden On Trump, Privacy, And Threats To Democracy

On the eve of his memoir 'Permanent Record' being published, NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden talked at length from Moscow with MSNBC's Brian Williams in an exclusive interview. This is their discussion in its entirety, edited down slightly for clarity.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thanks for posting Brian.

Lets not forget that Snowden was a Ron Paul donor. He is one of our own and must be supported.

Pelosi: 'I’m very worried' about whistleblower's safety

“For 25 years, I’ve been in intelligence,” Pelosi said. “I was there to write the rules for whistleblowers and to protect them. Intelligence depends on whistleblowers being protected.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa), a longtime champion of whistleblower protections, defended the whistleblower ...

“We should always work to respect whistleblowers’ requests for confidentiality. Any further media reports on the whistleblower’s identity don’t serve the public interest—even if the conflict sells more papers or attracts clicks,” said Grassley, the longest-serving GOP senator and the former Judiciary Committee chairman who has authored many whistleblower-protection laws.
    Rep. Mike Quigley (D-Ill.) said Monday it was vital to ensure the safety of whistleblowers, and that keeping the source’s anonymity was critical.

“It operates in secret for a reason: to keep us safe, to protect sources and methods,” Quigley, a member of the Intelligence Committee, told CNN Monday.
    https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...safety-at-risk

Ron says impeachment is a CIA coup, Snowden (CIA) says the CIA "whistleblower" is legitimate.
    Reconcile.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Ron says impeachment is a CIA coup, Snowden (CIA) says the CIA "whistleblower" is legitimate.
    Reconcile.
    Simple. Ron Paul asked if it could be a coup. He never said it definitely was. That was Swordshyll pulling words out of his ass and putting them in Ron Paul's mouth.

How do I reconcile Swordshyll pulling words out of his own ass and sticking them in Ron Paul's mouth? I can't.

As for Snowden, he doesn't know first hand either. He's been out of the loop for quite some time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

///

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Banned

Blog Entries
    They are cheapening the word "whistleblower" for a reason.
    they really, really, really despise Julian Assange.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Listened to whole hour..Snowden is extremely smart & doesn't seem to ever go over his own skis..No wonder Dr.Paul holds him in high regard.

Quote Originally Posted by vita3 View Post
    Listened to whole hour..Snowden is extremely smart & doesn't seem to ever go over his own skis..No wonder Dr.Paul holds him in high regard.
    +rep!

That’s what this thread is all about, watching the interview and then commenting.

Good interview... hope he gets a break.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows