Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trump's video taken off Twitter after band Nickelback complains

Trump's video taken off Twitter after band Nickelback complains

Trump's video taken off Twitter after band Nickelback complains
    US president receives copyright censure over video that took aim at political rival Joe Biden

Alex Hern
    3 Oct 2019

A video posted by Donald Trump has been removed from Twitter following a copyright claim by the rock band Nickelback.

The video took aim at the Democratic candidate Joe Biden, opening with a clip of him saying he had never discussed business dealings with his son Hunter. Trump’s efforts to encourage the Ukrainian president to investigate Hunter Biden lie at the centre of an impeachment inquiry launched by House Democrats last week.

Following the Biden clip, the clip posted by Trump cuts to a popular, if niche, meme, based on an edit of the music video for the 2005 Nickelback single Photograph. In the original video, the vocalist Chad Kroeger holds a picture to the camera, singing:

Look at this photograph / Every time I do it makes me laugh / How did our eyes get so red? / And what the hell is on Joey’s head?

The meme revolves around people digitally inserting other pictures into the frame.

In Trump’s edit, Kroeger’s photograph is replaced by one taken in 2014 that shows both the Bidens on a golf course with Devon Archer, a colleague of Hunter’s, labelled in the edit as a “Ukraine gas exec”.

Within 12 hours of the video being posted to Twitter, however, it had been removed and replaced with a notice that “This media has been disabled in response to a report by the copyright owner.” The video is currently available on YouTube.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ght-nickelback

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Nickelback sucks.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Lol. Best president ever. C'mon. This is funny as $#@!.

Nickelback should be happy for the free publicity.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.NoSmile View Post
    true. I didn't even know who it was and never heard the song before.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Folks, I don't think p4p is being sarcastic here. The Trumpers really are this easily impressed.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    Folks, I don't think p4p is being sarcastic here. The Trumpers really are this easily impressed.
    Folks? More folks need to be spoon fed?

Lol clearly a fair use transformation, thus another example of Social Media bias.
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

Nickelback have had one good song and that was it. They suck!

Its the #1 reason to vote for him. Best $#@!poster ever. I was laughing when he twitted that last night, went to bed with a smile.

Which president in your lifetime would you say was better?

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Its the #1 reason to vote for him.
    I do agree that there are no better reasons to vote for him.

Which president in your lifetime would you say was better?
    I'd say he's basically tied with the rest. He's better in some ways, worse in others.

I'd say he's basically tied with the rest. He's better in some ways, worse in others.
    He actually has had quite a few good accomplishments.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Is this the new narrative from TDS HQ?

He actually has had quite a few good accomplishments.
    Yes, and quite a few bad ones.

On foreign policy, some recent presidents have definitely been worse than him. On regulations, most have been worse than him. His tax cut was great. His spending increases have been horrible. On trade and immigration, he's the very worst. It seems to me that those who think he's on balance a good president pretty much all share his protectionist views.

That was funny, but I doubt Trump had anything to do with it other than re-posting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.NoSmile View Post
    I’d wager that Nickelback knew nothing about it. A user probably reported it on Twitter, and Twitter probably reported it to the record company and took it down at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    Lol clearly a fair use transformation, thus another example of Social Media bias.
    It can and has been used quite a bit. This is just because Orange Man Bad.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

On foreign policy, some recent presidents have definitely been worse than him. On regulations, most have been worse than him. His tax cut was great. His spending increases have been horrible. On trade and immigration, he's the very worst. It seems to me that those who think he's on balance a good president pretty much all share his protectionist views.
    Let’s just be honest and distill it down to your real concern, as our number one resident unlimited immigration activist.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

I do agree that there are no better reasons to vote for him.
    That is very funny. If you want a president just for the twitter lolz, vote for him. Too bad, I am not on twitter

On foreign policy, some recent presidents have been worse. Which ones?
    Which ones are worse than him on regulations? give me names
    Do you count increase in taxes accompanying his tariffs?
    He has yet to build a wall and the actual immigration numbers look similar to Obama's

Quote Originally Posted by PursuePeace View Post
    Surprised you had no idea who Nickelback was. They're notorious for being incredibly horrible band.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Surprised you had no idea who Nickelback was. They're notorious for being incredibly horrible band.
    No, I've heard of them but I had never heard this idiotic photograph song before.
    And never knew what they looked like.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    On foreign policy, some recent presidents have been worse. Which ones?
    At the very least GWB.

Which ones are worse than him on regulations? give me names
    At the very least Obama.

Do you count increase in taxes accompanying his tariffs?
    Yes. But you're right to mention it. The tariffs certainly mitigate the previous tax cut. Without the tariffs it might have been fair to say that he oversaw a larger tax cut than any recent president. But with the tariffs, I doubt it comes out that way any more.

He has yet to build a wall and the actual immigration numbers look similar to Obama's
    That's true. But those who agree with his rhetoric on those issues seem not to care about that. And while his ineffectiveness might be seen as a good thing for those of us who take more of a Ron Paul approach to immigration, Trump is still doing things like detaining asylum applicants and deporting American citizens, all with nothing to show for it in overall results.

Lol some of you are so humorless. Damn, get out for a minute and enjoy the day. Stop letting Trump control you like that, its sad.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Yes. But you're right to mention it. The tariffs certainly mitigate the previous tax cut. Without the tariffs it might have been fair to say that he oversaw a larger tax cut than any recent president. But with the tariffs, I doubt it comes out that way any more.
    Not even close, at least for self-employed folk like myself. The tax cut ended up putting over 4k more back into my pocket; I haven't spent even nearly that much more due to any tariffs. Hardly anything more as far as I can tell.

Quote Originally Posted by PursuePeace View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    If I didn't know any better, I'd think you just accused PP of listening to horribly bad bands.

Not even close, at least for self-employed folk like myself. The tax cut ended up putting over 4k more back into my pocket; I haven't spent even nearly that much more due to any tariffs. Hardly anything more as far as I can tell.
    I didn't say that they erased the tax cuts, only that they count against them. But the impact that counts is the total overall one, not just the direct impact on a single person who may be one of the winners or one of the losers.

The size of Trump's tax cut is a little less than 1% of US GDP (about $200 Billion per year). The size of his tariff hikes (so far--they seem to keep going up) is greater than half of that amount (over $100 Billion so far this year). And that's not counting the cost of his bailouts to farmers (tens of billions so far), nor is it counting the cost of retaliatory tariffs by other countries.

Without counting the mitigation of the tariffs, Trump's tax cuts would be the 8th largest in history, smaller than Reagan's. With the tariffs counted against them, they would be nowhere near the size of Reagan's.
    http://www.crfb.org/blogs/president-...st-history-yet
    Last edited by Superfluous Man; 10-03-2019 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    Lol some of you are so humorless. Damn, get out for a minute and enjoy the day. Stop letting Trump control you like that, its sad.
    Oh, we tuned out the bread and circuses long ago. We tuned out Obama's stammer, Dubya butchering the language like he was raised speaking Texan and had to take ESL classes, and Slick Willy's Sax.

Trump has nothing to do with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast