Thread: Tests show bootleg marijuana vapes tainted with hydrogen cyanide

Tests show bootleg marijuana vapes tainted with hydrogen cyanide

NBC News commissioned one of the nation's leading cannabis testing facilities to test a sampling of THC cartridges ó 18 in all ó obtained from legal dispensaries and unlicensed dealers.The findings were deeply troubling.
    Of the three purchased from legal dispensaries in California, the CannaSafe testing company found no heavy metals, pesticides or residual solvents like Vitamin E.
    But 13 out of the other 15 samples from black market THC cartridges were found to contain Vitamin E.
    CannaSafe also tested 10 of the unregulated cartridges for pesticides. All 10 tested positive.
    The products all contained myclobutanil, a fungicide that can transform into hydrogen cyanide when burned.
    "You certainly donít want to be smoking cyanide," said Antonio Frazier, the vice president of operations at CannaSafe. "I donít think anyone would buy a cart that was labeled hydrogen cyanide on it."
    Pirzada described the existence of myclobutanil as "very disturbing," adding that "itís going to cause a very toxic effect on the lungs."

More at: https://www.nbcnews.com/health/vapin...anide-n1059356

This couldn't be like when the feds spiked bootleg whisky with wood alcohol during prohibition, right?
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    NBC News commissioned one of the nation's leading cannabis testing facilities to test a sampling of THC cartridges — 18 in all — obtained from legal dispensaries and unlicensed dealers.The findings were deeply troubling.
    Of the three purchased from legal dispensaries in California, the CannaSafe testing company found no heavy metals, pesticides or residual solvents like Vitamin E.
    But 13 out of the other 15 samples from black market THC cartridges were found to contain Vitamin E.
    CannaSafe also tested 10 of the unregulated cartridges for pesticides. All 10 tested positive.
    The products all contained myclobutanil, a fungicide that can transform into hydrogen cyanide when burned.
    "You certainly don’t want to be smoking cyanide," said Antonio Frazier, the vice president of operations at CannaSafe. "I don’t think anyone would buy a cart that was labeled hydrogen cyanide on it."
    Pirzada described the existence of myclobutanil as "very disturbing," adding that "it’s going to cause a very toxic effect on the lungs."

More at: https://www.nbcnews.com/health/vapin...anide-n1059356

This couldn't be like when the feds spiked bootleg whisky with wood alcohol during prohibition, right?
    Anecdotal evidence that some regulation works.

And no, I would think they would spike the already legal states supply as a way to stifle further legalization, because that would raise alarm and could effect everyday Grandma Jane, nobody really gives a $#@! about what happens on the black market.

ETA: I've noticed lately in several articles and on TV that the focus is on California legalization and testing, when we (Colorado) have been legal for going on 8 years...

Quote Originally Posted by CoastieInColorado View Post
    Anecdotal evidence that some regulation works.

And no, I would think they would spike the already legal states supply as a way to stifle further legalization, because that would raise alarm and could effect everyday Grandma Jane, nobody really gives a $#@! about what happens on the black market.

ETA: I've noticed lately in several articles and on TV that the focus is on California legalization and testing, when we (Colorado) have been legal for going on 8 years...
    I was thinking it was done to provide an excuse to outlaw vaping as opposed to scaring people about weed.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

I was thinking it was done to provide an excuse to outlaw vaping as opposed to scaring people about weed.
    You're probably right, and this also bolsters the argument for legalization at the same time, none of the legal places had anything in them.

That was literally my very first thought. and I don't even Vape..

I remember Paraquat.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Probably both.

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    That was literally my very first thought. and I don't even Vape..

I remember Paraquat.
    Me too ... still best to go natural, me thinks.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows