Thread: Intel Community Secretly Gutted Requirement Of First-Hand Whistleblower Knowledge

Intel Community Secretly Gutted Requirement Of First-Hand Whistleblower Knowledge

Between May 2018 and August 2019, the intelligence community secretly eliminated a requirement that whistleblowers provide direct, first-hand knowledge of alleged wrongdoings. This raises questions about the intelligence community’s behavior regarding the August submission of a whistleblower complaint against President Donald Trump. The new complaint document no longer requires potential whistleblowers who wish to have their concerns expedited to Congress to have direct, first-hand knowledge of the alleged wrongdoing that they are reporting.
    The brand new version of the whistleblower complaint form, which was not made public until after the transcript of Trump’s July 25 phone call with the Ukrainian president Volodymyr Zelensky and the complaint addressed to Congress were made public, eliminates the first-hand knowledge requirement and allows employees to file whistleblower complaints even if they have zero direct knowledge of underlying evidence and only “heard about [wrongdoing] from others.”

The internal properties of the newly revised “Disclosure of Urgent Concern” form, which the intelligence community inspector general (ICIG) requires to be submitted under the Intelligence Community Whistleblower Protection Act (ICWPA), show that the document was uploaded on September 24, 2019, at 4:25 p.m., just days before the anti-Trump complaint was declassified and released to the public. The markings on the document state that it was revised in August 2019, but no specific date of revision is disclosed.
    The complaint alleges that President Donald Trump broke the law during a phone call with the Ukrainian president. In his complaint, which was dated August 12, 2019, the complainant acknowledged he was “not a direct witness” to the wrongdoing he claims Trump committed.
    A previous version of the whistleblower complaint document, which the ICIG and DNI until recently provided to potential whistleblowers, declared that any complaint must contain only first-hand knowledge of alleged wrongdoing and that complaints that provide only hearsay, rumor, or gossip would be rejected.
    “The [Intelligence Community Inspector General] cannot transmit information via the ICPWA based on an employee’s second-hand knowledge of wrongdoing,” the previous form stated under the bolded heading “FIRST-HAND INFORMATION REQUIRED.” “This includes information received from another person, such as when an employee informs you that he/she witnessed some type of wrongdoing.”

“If you think that wrongdoing took place, but can provide nothing more than second-hand or unsubstantiated assertions, [the Intelligence Community Inspector General] will not be able to process the complaint or information for submission as an ICWPA,” the form concluded.
    Markings on the previous version of the Disclosure of Urgent Concern form show that it was formally approved on May 24, 2018. Here is that original Disclosure of Urgent Concern form prior to the August 2019 revision:

Here is the revised Disclosure of Urgent Concern form following the August 2019 revision:

More at: https://thefederalist.com/2019/09/27...wer-knowledge/
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    McCabe, Comey, Strzok and friends are no longer there, but the deep state sabotage continues.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul
    They are what they hate.” - B4L

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

The Deep State Intel Community and Democrats in the House of Representatives are pushing through a whistleblower complaint that likely IS NOT LEGAL under the law. They are attempting to cover up this fact with their recent actions under the guise of darkness.

President Trump should ask the courts to step in and end it.

An individual by the handle of Matt Beebe released a series of tweets on Saturday that unveil the seediness of the Deep State coup. Of course, the recent whistleblower incident with President Trump is a sham. But it may also be illegal.

The tweets are somewhat difficult to understand so here’s a summary of what Beebe is saying:
    ** The Deep State changed the requirements for filling out the whistleblower form and in August allowed whistleblowers to use ‘hearsay’ when filing a complaint. At this same time the whistleblower filled out the form slandering President Trump using hearsay. (1-6)
    ** The Deep State Intel community only updated their online site regarding whistleblower protections four days ago to reflect the recent changes before the recent complaint was released. This was done in spite of zero legislative action on the related regulations. The term ‘urgent concern’ is now used 10 times in the Congressional Research Service (CRS) manual and was only used 2 times in the prior publication. (7- 10)
    ** The CRS also recently added wording for addressing disagreements between the Director of National Intelligence (DNI) and Intelligence Community Inspector General (ICIG). (11-12)
    ** The CRS cites the regulations for the ICIG chapter and verse for all but 3 paragraphs in the footnotes to the CRS manual (See section 3.A.ii) which discuss the ICIG’s authority to report directly to Congress. The CRS omits a key clause in the law related to the types of people that the ICIG can investigate. It is related to only current or former employees of the intelligence community. (13-16)
    ** This is the key. The law does not require that a whistleblower complaint of President Donald Trump be provided to Congress – as a matter of fact, only whistleblower complaints of current or former Intel community employees are to be reviewed by the ICIG and only these investigations have a requirement to be forwarded to Congress.
    ** The CRS then added an editorial note that is highly debatable but comes across as fact. It states that who makes the call on whether something is an ‘urgent concern’ is unknown. This implies that Congress can make this call but the statute indicates that this is a decision to be made within the Intel community. (17-18)
    ** “Folks – this is an attempted coup!” (19)
    More at: https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...user-of-trump/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

https://twitter.com/seanmdav/status/1177692078119280641

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Can the CIA be eliminated by an executive order?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    In theory.

Between May 2018 and August 2019, the intelligence community secretly eliminated a requirement that whistleblowers provide direct, first-hand knowledge of alleged wrongdoings.
    I haven’t followed this story closely, but to have second-hand testimony play any role at all is a travesty of justice. Has anyone brought this up in the media?

A person with second hand knowledge can provide one thing, and one thing only: they would have to identify the person who gave them that information, and then that person, if they really have first hand information, would be the one to “testify”.

There has been a lot of talk about the identity of the “whistle-blower” themself, but that is a misdirection, and almost irrelevant. Who had first hand information?

So changing the whistle-blower rules to allow second hand news is hugely important. There is a reason it was not like that in the past. It makes no sense. Hearsay does not fly. All it does is point to the person that told the story.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    Disavowed perhaps, but elimination is another matter.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Remember when Sen. Chuck Schumer, in response to criticism President Trump leveled at the Intelligence Community, retorted with this?

"Let me tell you: You take on the intelligence community — they have six ways from Sunday at getting back at you," Schumer told MSNBC's host Rachel Maddow.
    Turns out that's an understatement, as the Federalist's Sean Davis has now uncovered in a truly outrageous report.
    We already know that the Intelligence Community's inspector general (IGIC) office mysteriously changed its rules for anyone filing a whistleblower complaint to not needing to have one's information firsthand just before the famed whistleblower filed his report sometime around August.
    Now it comes to light that this same intelligence committee inspector general's office changed its rules after the whistleblower complaint was filed, not before. And they changed the rules to accommodate the embittered anti-Trump intelligence official, Davis reported.
    A brief bullet-point list gives some of the flavor of how badly this "whistleblower" report has been planned and rigged:

• The IGIC had sole authority to change the rules, so the office was the sole influencer of the report's outcome.
    • The IGIC has since claimed that that's irrelevant, since the office sets the rules.
    • Not only did the whistleblower complaint break those rules, but its accuser didn't even make the accusation about intelligence matters — just phone diplomacy between Trump and his Ukrainian counterpart, which is supposed to be protected from leaks.
    • The whistleblower complaint also revealed a ton of made up lies, utterly negated by President Trump's unexpected release of the transcript.
    • The IGIC never bothered to cross-check the two items of data — the complaint versus the transcript — even though the I.G. could have seen it. The IGIC just called that basic act of due diligence "not necessary."
    • The IGIC is still hiding the original whistleblower report from Congress, which has asked to see it.
    • The IGIC forwarded its version of the complaint to congressional Democrats while other agencies with knowledge of the report — the director of national intelligence (DNI) and the Department of Justice Office of Legal Counsel — effectively dismissed the whole thing as junk, saying it was not an "urgent concern."

Six ways from Sunday? Thus far, looks like about at least six ways, in the name of reaching its high prize of impeachment.
    With this explosive report, the whole thing looks increasingly rigged, a put-up job, like yet another Deep State effort to Get Trump, given that the last one with Robert Mueller fell flat. The minions have not stopped trying.
    The whole explosive thing exposes the accusers for the underhanded coup-plotters they are. They never expected this kind of information to get out. The Federalist has some impressive sourcing and dirt-digging to have figured this and the information contained in its previous reporting out. Read the whole thing here.

https://www.americanthinker.comblog2...er_report.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment