Thread: Police Chief Pushes Gun Control After Officer Shot. One Problem, Though

Police Chief Pushes Gun Control After Officer Shot. One Problem, Though

This guy again....

Houston Police Chief Art Acevedo isn’t a fan of armed citizens. He’s made that perfectly clear in recent months.

So it’s unsurprising that Acevedo used the wounding of one of his officers to lash out at pro-gun lawmakers.

In earlier remarks he made in the immediate aftermath of the shooting, Acevedo angrily denounced politicians who may look to offer their sympathy to his wounded officer, while doing little legislatively to keep firearms from dangerous criminals.

“We were in Washington Monday talking about gun violence in our city, in our community, in our country, and I don’t want to hear from politicians tomorrow about how much they care about my cop,” said Acevedo, who has previously criticized lawmakers for not introducing broad gun-control measures. “If they’re not here to talk to us about solutions, then don’t bother showing up to the Houston Police Department.”

There’s just one problem.

You see, the deputy wasn’t shot because of a lack of gun control.

A Houston police officer was hospitalized in stable condition after he was shot with his own gun in a struggle with a suspect who along with three others stole two vehicles and attempted to kill a priest in a crime spree that played out as Democratic presidential candidates debated just miles away, the city’s police chief said Friday.

more..https://bearingarms.com/tom-k/2019/0...roblem-though/
    "The Patriarch"

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He’s just a political hack with a badge who used the attempted murder of one of his officers to pontificate on gun control yet again, even though there’s literally no law on Earth that would have protected the officer in question.

The problem is, I don’t think Acevedo has the mental capacity to comprehend that.
    I don't think he does, either.

Interesting. It's weird how anti gunner always ask for universal background check regardless of how the shooter gun their guns. That is one very big red flag for me.

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Why is it that he doesn't push for disarming the police every time they murder civilians?

Why the hell do they need guns anyway, they don't, they are so dug in with communications
    devices, all they have to do is call swat or 'armed' back up if there's a problem.

Law enforcement should use pepper spray or stern words against any attackers, after all
    that is what they want the rest of the population to have as protection.

When the subject of gun control comes up why do they never talk about gun trafficking? Do they not know that the black market would just ramp up their sales of guns?