Thread: Trump Mocks Sen. Graham’s Calls for War, Asks How Iraq Worked Out

Trump Mocks Sen. Graham’s Calls for War, Asks How Iraq Worked Out

Bolton rips Trump for interest in diplomacy

In comments to reporters on Wednesday, President Trump is continuing to reject the idea of starting a war with Iran. After dismissing Sen. Lindsey Graham’s (R-SC) calls, saying not starting a war was a sign of strength, he continued to roast Graham, citing Graham’s support for the Iraqi War, and saying reporters should ask “how did going into Iraq work out?“

Graham is being predictably hawkish, but it seems that he’s in a minority in the Senate, where even many of his fellow Republicans are expressing reluctance to escalate precipitously, and are urging debate on the matter instead of hasty action.

Speaking of hawks, President Trump is reportedly facing intense criticism behind closed doors from recently fired John Bolton, who attended a closed-door lunch on Wednesday during which attendees say he repeatedly ripped Trump for policy decisions.

Bolton’s objections, surprising nobody who was paying attention, were to Trump’s interest in diplomacy. Bolton insisted that diplomatic overtures to both Iran and North Korea were doomed to fail, and even trying to hold talks sends a “terrible message.”

https://news.antiwar.com/2019/09/18/...aq-worked-out/
    "The Patriarch"

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Graham should be mocked on a daily basis. This guy only had a few people vote for him during his candidacy for president but somehow all the people working for the MSM keep bringing him back on their shows as if he was some sort of expert.
    Last edited by Anti Globalist; 09-19-2019 at 11:03 AM.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

May cooler heads prevail.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Quite frankly trump is not playing this right . He is missing opportunities . I would have sent senator graham along with who I thought to be the biggest war monger dem to Persia and cancelled the passports when they arrived .
    Do something Danke

How the Iraq war worked out depends entirely on who you're asking. Worked out great for Halliburton, oil companies, weapons manufacturers. Not so great for soldiers or taxpayers. I'm sure Graham would call it a smashing success.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Senator Lindsey Graham will be the bigger man and in return won't question MAGA on ongoing Afghan war bloodshed.

Afghan war in 2019 under 'anti-war' Trump:

Sep 19, 2019
    50 Afghan civilians dead, 30 killed after US drone accidentally bombed farmers

Sep 17, 2019
    Afghan president unhurt as election rally/Kabul bombings kill 48 including 10 security forces

Published 11 hours ago
    US Army Green Beret killed in Afghanistan gun battle identified: 'He was a warrior'

Sgt. 1st Class Jeremy Griffin from Greenbrier, Tennessee, a Special Forces soldier was 41 and making his fourth combat deployment, three to Afghanistan since 2009, according to Lt. Col. Loren Bymer, U.S. Army Special Operations Command spokesman.
    https://www.foxnews.com/world/army-g...tan-identified

Related

Over 200 civilians/Afghan forces killed, Trump's Afghan war escalation failing already?

3 Indicted On ‘Massive Fraud’ Connected To Nearly $9 Billion Afghan Contract

“The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

clearly the war machine is fighting trump to stay in the middle east. its like Bay of Pigs started in 2003, this is the first time since then that a president actually can be taken seriously about leaving Afghanistan, Iraq, and leaving Iran alone....if trump can establish treaties it will make it harder for future presidents and war machine to create ww3

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    How the Iraq war worked out depends entirely on who you're asking. Worked out great for Halliburton, oil companies, weapons manufacturers. Not so great for soldiers or taxpayers. I'm sure Graham would call it a smashing success.
    Oh the poor US soldiers and US tax payers, I am sure those poor volunteers who could opt out of the military or the tax payers who could have voted out the politicians suffered gravely from the war. I know their homes got destroyed, their family members killed, their environment poisoned, they live under and occupation, their oil stolen but I wonder when the very fortunate Iraqi people are going to start gofundme accounts to take care of the soldiers and tax payers