Thread: NBC News Asks Americans To Confess Their Climate Change Sins

NBC News Asks Americans To Confess Their Climate Change Sins
    I farted once.

It was pretty toxic.

It wasn't my fault, though.

The PBR made me do it ...
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm View Post
    I once raped a whale.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    You magnificent bastard.

+rep
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Only once?
    I am sensing a new Open Discussions thread.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Son of Liberty View Post
    Have you ever driven across the United States? I have, east-west and north-south through the heartland of this country. You want to know what is there? NOTHING. There are hundreds of miles that you can drive without seeing more than 2 buildings at a single time. And that's JUST the US. I'm sure that it's even more barren through Russia, China, vast sections of Africa, etc. The trope that the planet is overpopulated is nonsense.

I'm old enough to remember when the Cayahoga river was on fire. I'm old enough to remember when you couldn't see Pittsburgh when you were sitting on top of it. There maybe parts of the world that are dirty and polluting, but it ain't here. You know who thinks that the planet is overpopulated and dirty? People who live in overpopulated and dirty cities.
    No the world can't support billions of people with finite resources, that is what you haven't noted. The more people the more pollution and affect on our planet. And not really, a family of five children is too many or four. Obviously poorer places don't have welfare or pensions, hence bigger families. Welfare families is an investment.

Not everywhere is suitable for living, like Colorado, or Western Shoshone nation. Nevada state, the driest areas aren't suitable. Las Vegas wouldn't make money the way it does.

Depending on what one wants to accept serious damage to our way of life will take place over the next fifty years and beyond, so therefore the reason to bring down the carbon emissions, but it will affect a lot of our living standards. Imagine not accessing this site for only two hours of the day, or Amazon scaled down, employees would earn less, and so on, the knock on effect will be profound.

So far aviation is about three percent of the world's carbon emissions.

It would be like if the Irish president just stayed at the Phoenix Park, and did video call with another head of state. Now that isn't very interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbIW...ature=youtu.be

Quote Originally Posted by Republicanguy View Post
    It is sad, this subject, but there isn't a lot we can do, without ending a lot of economic activity, and endangering many people, the other side is the continuing destruction of our environment, to the point where abortion is okay since many die of pollution.
    On the brighter side;

Thank God the heretic religion of Global Warming is a false one, created IMV to
    accelerate the roll out of Globalism via trillions in funding from global taxation,
    the first (co2) of many to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    On the brighter side;

Thank God the heretic religion of Global Warming is a false one, created IMV to
    accelerate the roll out of Globalism via trillions in funding from global taxation,
    the first (co2) of many to come.
    I wonder if Western Shoshone people would appreciate the rise, or Nevadans.

Just how does globalism work with little flying? Or vehicle travel, sure was a bit bother to travel to America two centuries ago. Wasn't even guaranteed a safe trip, or a meal.

I wonder if Western Shoshone people would appreciate the rise, or Nevadans.

Just how does globalism work with little flying? Or vehicle travel, sure was a bit bother to travel to America two centuries ago. Wasn't even guaranteed a safe trip, or a meal.
    \
    Wut rise ?

No the world can't support billions of people with finite resources, that is what you haven't noted. The more people the more pollution and affect on our planet. And not really, a family of five children is too many or four. Obviously poorer places don't have welfare or pensions, hence bigger families. Welfare families is an investment.

Not everywhere is suitable for living, like Colorado, or Western Shoshone nation. Nevada state, the driest areas aren't suitable. Las Vegas wouldn't make money the way it does.

Depending on what one wants to accept serious damage to our way of life will take place over the next fifty years and beyond, so therefore the reason to bring down the carbon emissions, but it will affect a lot of our living standards. Imagine not accessing this site for only two hours of the day, or Amazon scaled down, employees would earn less, and so on, the knock on effect will be profound.

It would be like if the Irish president just stayed at the Phoenix Park, and did video call with another head of state. Now that isn't very interesting.

Pardon me, but which finite resources, $#@!? Coal? Natural gas? Okay, sure - eventually we'll run out of those things. But you don't seem to understand that human ingenuity is a real and actual thing - Do you want to know how I KNOW that? It's because before coal and natural gas became sources of power and, in your $#@!ed up mind, "pollutants", they were bits of nothing within and on the earth. It wasn't until - here we go again - human beings comingled their intellect with those things - that they became sources of energy.

That process isn't done yet. No matter how much regressives like you may wish. And - speaking as a person making his living off of natural gas - I actually 100% welcome the day when cold fusion becomes a reality, or whatever other as-unyet-tapped-source-of-energy rolls our wheels forward!

You're just another control freak, assuming you know exactly what, and in what measure, human beings require. You're wrong, of course... and your HUMBRIS will result in the death of millions.

Free markets and liberty produce prosperity.

Prosperity results in lower birthrates.

Prosperity allows the time and resources to fret about the climate or polar bears or three assed tree sloths.

If you want to "save the earth" then the only choice is to support free markets, liberty and property rights.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Free markets and liberty produce prosperity.

Prosperity results in lower birthrates.

Prosperity allows the time and resources to fret about the climate or polar bears or three assed tree sloths.

If you want to "save the earth" then the only choice is to support free markets, liberty and property rights.
    Upon further reflection, it occurs to me there is a second choice, one that has been favored by oligarchical collectivists, authoritarian collectivists and statist collectivists of all stripes:

Mass genocide.

When their crackpot economic schemes fail, as they are designed to do, then that is the last choice, the Final Solution.

That's what the greens have in store for us.

The invention of penicillin.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Pardon me, but which finite resources, $#@!?
    You are too kind.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

I normally only run one vehicle at night with the lights on as a decoy. Last night,in honor of this thread we ran 5: a 198x Big body Bronco with a 427 in it. She gets about 8 mpg. A 1992 Tioga RV F350 with the V10 in it, less than 8 mpg and my 2002 CR-v that gets like 20 mpg. All idled for 12 hours.

Every vehicle on the farm idles all day pretty much.

I then ran all three diesel tractors for a while, just because.

I just heard the gas water heater come on, and I don't plan on taking a shower anytime soon.

Oh, and I'm building a 400 amp hour solar system for my RV, not just for the independence, but because of the awesome amount of environmental damage that goes into making all of the components I'll be using.

I confess, I dump my garbage at night on the local Injun reservation. But those kids there are always picking though it by the time I leave, so I don't think they mind.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Upon further reflection, it occurs to me there is a second choice, one that has been favored by oligarchical collectivists, authoritarian collectivists and statist collectivists of all stripes:

Mass genocide.

When their crackpot economic schemes fail, as they are designed to do, then that is the last choice, the Final Solution.

That's what the greens have in store for us.
    Proverbs 26:27

“Whoso diggeth a pit shall fall therein: and he that rolleth a stone, it will return upon him.”

King James Version (KJV)
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Pardon me, but which finite resources, $#@!? Coal? Natural gas? Okay, sure - eventually we'll run out of those things. But you don't seem to understand that human ingenuity is a real and actual thing - Do you want to know how I KNOW that? It's because before coal and natural gas became sources of power and, in your $#@!ed up mind, "pollutants", they were bits of nothing within and on the earth. It wasn't until - here we go again - human beings comingled their intellect with those things - that they became sources of energy.

That process isn't done yet. No matter how much regressives like you may wish. And - speaking as a person making his living off of natural gas - I actually 100% welcome the day when cold fusion becomes a reality, or whatever other as-unyet-tapped-source-of-energy rolls our wheels forward!

You're just another control freak, assuming you know exactly what, and in what measure, human beings require. You're wrong, of course... and your HUMBRIS will result in the death of millions.
    Read this you idiot, there is only so much that can be done, the beginning of our modern society was coal, then Crude oil, as well Natural gas. Without these, it would be very difficult in the current global economic model to sustain our living standards, that is what many on here don't understand, they think liberty is the answer to everything. Like I stated Ron Paul once said we don't have all the answers, nobody in society will elect a world leader who is liberty prone, and anti global in outlook, because the power vacuum will be taken over by somebody else.

There is no easy, quick fix to use anything other than renewable technology which requires the existing sources to produce and maintain them, with a growing population in some parts of the world and others, it doesn't matter if there is free land, like Colorado requires technology to survive as does Western Shoshone nation, desert outback. And Nevada state, it isn't practical to live in these places with either no climate control in buildings like also in Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    \
    Wut rise ?

Rise in temperature on those regions in the summer.

Read this you idiot, there is only so much that can be done, the beginning of our modern society was coal, then Crude oil, as well Natural gas. Without these, it would be very difficult in the current global economic model to sustain our living standards, that is what many on here don't understand, they think liberty is the answer to everything. Like I stated Ron Paul once said we don't have all the answers, nobody in society will elect a world leader who is liberty prone, and anti global in outlook, because the power vacuum will be taken over by somebody else.

There is no easy, quick fix to use anything other than renewable technology which requires the existing sources to produce and maintain them, with a growing population in some parts of the world and others, it doesn't matter if there is free land, like Colorado requires technology to survive as does Western Shoshone nation, desert outback. And Nevada state, it isn't practical to live in these places with either no climate control in buildings like also in Florida.
    The idiot is the one who thinks he knows everything.
    Man will innovate new sources of energy long before the old ones run out.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Huh?

Without liberty there would be no oil, gas or coal.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well yes, but that doesn't mean much of anything. Advancement has happened throughout history in many cultures, but mainly in European in recent centuries, western Hemisphere, but resources like these are rare and valuable.

There is no substitute for them. There is no easy way to launch a rocket into orbit for a weather satellite launch. A perfect example, all requires fossil fuels.

I believe in leaving a small footprint in the world, but you people who like to pollute will probably like the following:

Urgent Call For Action!

UN official actually ADMITS that ‘global warming’ is a scam designed to ‘change world’s economic model’
    As reported by Investors Business Daily, Christiana Figueres, executive secretary of U.N.’s Framework Convention on Climate Change, frankly admitted that the overarching goal of the “global warming/climate change” hoax is to reorient the world’s economic model away from capitalism.
    - https://thenationalsentinel.com/2017...economic-model

It’s OVER! Climate Change DEMOLISHED! 2 Studies Just EXPOSED The Entire HOAX!
    - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QL3DczF-26A

This Just Keeps Happening!… Ship Full of Global Warming Fanatics Gets Stuck in Arctic Ice
    - http://www.domigood.com/2019/09/this-just-keeps-happening-ship-full-of.html

Time to put an end to the climate cult
    - https://www.naturalnews.com/2019-09-...mate-cult.html

World Meteorological Organization Chief Castigates Climate Alarmists: “It’s Not The End Of The World”
    - https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-...ts-its-not-end

Planet Still Standing 500 Days After French Foreign Minister Warned of ‘Climate Chaos’ [in 500 Days]
    - https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/w...-climate-chaos

There is a UN Climate Action Summit to take place September 23, 2019 – https://www.un.org/en/climatechange
    PRIOR TO THIS EVENT PLEASE E-MAIL THE ABOVE INFORMATION TO [ UN contacts as listed here - https://www.un.org/sg/en/spokesperson/about.shtml ]:

dujarric@un.org
    haqf@un.org
    kaneko@un.org
    sotonino@un.org
    tremblay@un.org
    antonio.ferrari@un.org

Let them know that we are ON TO THEIR UTTER COMPLETE BS SCAM!!!!!!!

The "Tragedy of the Commons" Fully Realized...and Rejected

I'm all for having clean energy, being good stewards of the natural world, respecting ecosystems, etc., but the imposition of such things should never rest with any civil institution; it should start in the market place, which is to say, in the private sphere of society.

When people like you say things such as, "No, the world can't support billions of people with finite resources," it almost always leads to an appeal to a central institution (like a government body) to take care of the "problem," at the expense of the destruction of lives and property of innocent individuals, which empowers that central institution to play god.

So, if you truly believe the world can't support billions of people with finite resources, then set the example, be consistent, and solve the problem by terminating your own existence. After all, that's one less person to leave a carbon footprint on the Earth. But, of course, people who advocate your position won't do that because, in their "heart of hearts," they care about their own survival more than the so-called negative impacts of climate change in the globe.
    "Then David said to the Philistine, 'You come to me with a sword, a spear, and a javelin, but I come to you in the name of Yahweh of hosts, the God of the battle lines of Israel, Whom you have reproached.'" - 1 Samuel 17:45

"May future generations look back on our work and say that these were men and women who, in moment of great crisis, stood up to their politicians, the opinion-makers, and the Establishment, and saved their country." - Dr. Ron Paul

dupe
    Last edited by A Son of Liberty; 09-22-2019 at 02:40 AM.

Sigh.

Control freaks...

There is no substitute for them. There is no easy way to launch a rocket into orbit for a weather satellite launch.
    "It can't be done."

And then, beyond your ability to imagine... it was done.

Get out of the way.

Rise in temperature on those regions in the summer.
    I live here, it's hot as fk in the summers, always has been , nothing's changed.

'member when they tried to skeer us about the hole in the ozone layer?

'member the acid rain skeer?

'member the coming ice age?

It's no coincidence that the majority slurping this bilge water are in their 20's and younger... they haven't been around long enough to be cynical!

Ya know, if "global warming" was actually a thing, it's their own damned fault we're not buying it... their track record is as good as Hillary's in national elections.

Have you ever driven across the United States? I have, east-west and north-south through the heartland of this country. You want to know what is there? NOTHING. There are hundreds of miles that you can drive without seeing more than 2 buildings at a single time. And that's JUST the US. I'm sure that it's even more barren through Russia, China, vast sections of Africa, etc. The trope that the planet is overpopulated is nonsense.

I'm old enough to remember when the Cayahoga river was on fire. I'm old enough to remember when you couldn't see Pittsburgh when you were sitting on top of it. There maybe parts of the world that are dirty and polluting, but it ain't here. You know who thinks that the planet is overpopulated and dirty? People who live in overpopulated and dirty cities.
    I'm old enough to remember that the "scientific consensus" back in the 1970s was that the Amazon rain forest was disappearing at a rate of 10,000 acres per minute and would be gone by the year 2000. Even as a dumb kid I was thinking, "isn't it growing back at the same time?".

Now when I hear "man made global warming" I can't help but think "but what caused the other hundreds of thousands of episodes of global warming? Why is this one "man made"?

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12