Thread: NBC News Asks Americans To Confess Their Climate Change Sins

Exclamation NBC News Asks Americans To Confess Their Climate Change Sins

NBC News Asks Americans To Confess Their Climate Change Sins

https://dailycaller.com/2019/09/18/n...e-confessions/

PETER HASSON
    SENIOR REPORTER
    September 18, 2019
    12:41 PM ET

NBC News is asking Americans to confess their climate change sins, though at least some people have taken the opportunity to troll the news company.

“Even those who care deeply about the planet’s future can slip up now and then. Tell us: Where do you fall short in preventing climate change?” reads the introduction to NBC’s “Climate Confessions” project.

Many of the responses appear to take the project seriously. One person confessed taking flights to see their son across the country. “I fly to see my son on the west coast. I live on the east,” reads the confession.

“I drive to work even though the bus is almost as fast. I often feel I have good excuses,” another person confessed.

“I wish I had been born a vegan and then maybe it would be easier. I can’t seem to give up meat,” another confession stated.

One person apparently used the project to tout their virtuousness, rather than confess their climate sins. “I LOVE meat. But I love the earth more. Vegan for over 4 years now,” they wrote.

Others appear to have taken the opportunity to troll NBC over the project. One such entry reads: “I require at least half a roll of TP when wiping.”

“I like my house to be 85 in the winter and 55 in the summer. Deal with it, hippies,” one person wrote. “I live on Earth, where even if we achieve carbon neutrality in the first world, that’s only 19.1% of the population,” another stated.

“I don’t do anything for the environment. I don’t care,” reads another entry. “I am eating bacon with breakfast this morning and I’ll have it again tomorrow,” another declared.

One person submitted lyrics about loving plastic straws: “I LOVE plastic straws & I cannot lie. As many as I can get, before I die. Such straight soda with apple pie. Yessir, I’m the guy.”
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I must confess.

I have no regrets.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

“Even those who care deeply about the planet’s future can slip up now and then. Tell us: Where do you fall short in preventing climate change?”

Wow how this quickly becoming one of the false religions. Remember the crusades?
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

I fly alone in my private jet to foreign lands where 8 SUVs await to ferry me away to opportunities to pontificate to the little people on how they can suffer a little to prevent the ecological disaster that definitely will unfold, swamping my 20 million dollar beachfront home that I just bought with your tax dollars.
    That, and this brush pile ain't a gonna burn itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ryan
    In Washington you can see them everywhere: the Parasites and baby Stalins sucking the life out of a once-great nation.

I have no regrets whatsoever.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Doesn’t living itself qualify?

Last edited by jkr; 09-19-2019 at 12:50 PM.
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Live shot of me firing up the F-250 to head down to NBC to self-flagellate:

Let the Thunberging of America commence!
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by A Son of Liberty View Post

Right behind you.

He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harrass our people, and eat out their substance.

Quote Originally Posted by A Son of Liberty View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Slave Mentality View Post
    Right behind you.

On my way too...

I once raped a whale.
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm View Post
    I once raped a whale.
    You magnificent bastard.

+rep

I once raped a whale.
    Only once?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

It is sad, this subject, but there isn't a lot we can do, without ending a lot of economic activity, and endangering many people, the other side is the continuing destruction of our environment, to the point where abortion is okay since many die of pollution.

Quote Originally Posted by Republicanguy View Post
    It is sad, this subject, but there isn't a lot we can do, without ending a lot of economic activity, and endangering many people, the other side is the continuing destruction of our environment, to the point where abortion is okay since many die of pollution.
    Any damage to the environment that humans may cause, is mitigated best by lifting people out of poverty.

People are lifted out of poverty with liberty, free markets and property rights.

What you fail to understand is, efficiency only goes so far. We have a large foot print on the planet. I get the point of Extinction rebellion, and they bring some serious points about the environment that most of us don't care to change, we are used to our modern living.

It would mean accessing ronpaul forums not certain hours of the day during the week, that would apply to all websites.

What you fail to understand is, efficiency only goes so far. We have a large foot print on the planet. I get the point of Extinction rebellion, and they bring some serious points about the environment that most of us don't care to change, we are used to our modern living.

It would mean accessing ronpaul forums not certain hours of the day during the week, that would apply to all websites.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Republicanguy again.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

First world, advanced cultures with free markets and private property rights and at least a semblance of liberty have low birth rates.

Many in negative numbers.

So if too many people are the problem, then this is the way to solve the problem.

It is the Ponzi scheme of leftism that requires a constant breeding class.

Have you ever driven across the United States? I have, east-west and north-south through the heartland of this country. You want to know what is there? NOTHING. There are hundreds of miles that you can drive without seeing more than 2 buildings at a single time. And that's JUST the US. I'm sure that it's even more barren through Russia, China, vast sections of Africa, etc. The trope that the planet is overpopulated is nonsense.

I'm old enough to remember when the Cayahoga river was on fire. I'm old enough to remember when you couldn't see Pittsburgh when you were sitting on top of it. There maybe parts of the world that are dirty and polluting, but it ain't here. You know who thinks that the planet is overpopulated and dirty? People who live in overpopulated and dirty cities.
    Last edited by A Son of Liberty; 09-20-2019 at 03:14 AM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Only once?
    I turned down the sperm whale since that would have been gay. I'm still not allowed within 1,000 feet of a Sea World.
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

I turned down the sperm whale since that would have been gay. I'm still not allowed within 1,000 feet of a Sea World.
    It is only gay if your balls touch; and since whale testicles are internal that probably wouldn't have happened. It sounds like you missed out on a life changing experience. so sorry.

3 words, female sperm whales. Problem solved

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    3 words, female sperm whales. Problem solved
    are female sperm whales the original gender nonbinary creature?

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    are female sperm whales the original gender nonbinary creature?
    Animal kingdom don't play that silly game. For the most part, they know their gender roles in family and in the sack. Not saying I want women back in the kitchen, just sayin

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Animal kingdom don't play that silly game. For the most part, they know their gender roles in family and in the sack. Not saying I want women back in the kitchen, just sayin
    dunno, my DW is on her very last week of school forever. I can't wait until she is back in the kitchen doing something other than homework at the dinner table.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast