Thread: Trump Just Hired the Guy He Sent to Free A$AP Rocky as His New National Security Adviser

Trump Just Hired the Guy He Sent to Free A$AP Rocky as His New National Security Adviser

an hour ago
    The special envoy, Ambassador Robert O’Brien, was seen at Stockholm District Court in the morning. A biographical statement on the State Department’s website says O’Brien “leads the U.S. government’s diplomatic efforts on overseas hostage-related matters.”

Trump Just Hired the Guy He Sent to Free A$AP Rocky as His New National Security Adviser

“I am pleased to announce that I will name Robert C. O’Brien," Trump tweeted Wednesday.

by Emma Ockerman
    Sep 18 2019, 9:53am

President Donald Trump just named a new national security advisor: the same guy he sent to Sweden to deal with rapper A$AP Rocky’s recent assault trial.

“I am pleased to announce that I will name Robert C. O’Brien, currently serving as the very successful Special Presidential Envoy for Hostage Affairs at the State Department, as our new National Security Advisor,” Trump wrote on Twitter Wednesday. “I have worked long & hard with Robert. He will do a great job!”

O’Brien takes over the helm from John Bolton, whom Trump fired last week, although Bolton has repeatedly disputed that he was fired. O’Brien, also a founding partner of a Los Angeles-based law firm, is the fourth national security adviser to serve in Trump’s tumultuous first presidential term. His position does not require Senate confirmation.

A hostage negotiator trained to deal with war-torn countries like Syria and Yemen, O'Brien was dispatched to Stockholm to #FreeRocky at Trump’s request in July. A month earlier, Rocky was arrested and detained for engaging in a street brawl in the nation’s capital, although the U.S. Embassy in Stockholm repeatedly called for his release.

After Trump tweeted advocating for Rocky's freedom, O’Brien threatened “negative consequences” in a diplomatic letter released by the Swedish Prosecution Authority. Rocky was later found guilty of assault but avoided any further jail time and returned to the U.S. Critics saw O’Brien’s arrival as inappropriate, considering he was intervening in an allied country’s affairs, according to the Washington Post.

But he's not just famous for threatening Sweden for immediate release of Kim Kardashian sister's boyfriend and FLOTUS supported Somali-American rapper Rocky A$AP, new MAGA pick is also a strong supporter of our closest ally and only Jewish democracy in mideast:

Trump's new NSA pick is a strong supporter of Israeli settlements on Palestinian land and opponent of Obama Iran deal

In 2015 and 2016, O’Brien expressed strong opposition to the Iran nuclear deal, at one point comparing it to the 1938 Munich Agreement with Nazi Germany. He also wrote an article encouraging Senators Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio, who ran against Trump in the 2016 Republican primary, to criticize Trump over his wish to improve relations with Russia’s Vladimir Putin. His views are typical to the Republican establishment foreign policy world view.

In 2017, he published an article about how Israel was being discriminated against in the United Nations. The article attacked the Obama administration for not vetoing a U.N. Security Council resolution against Israeli settlements in the West Bank and East Jerusalem. He said that the resolution “has done nothing to advance the peace process”.

Related

A$AP Rocky Says He's Going Back to Sweden to Help Immigrants

11/19/2019
    A$AP is donating proceeds from his concert in Stockholm to an immigrant rights org called FARR, the Swedish Network of Refugee Support Group

A$AP Rocky says his time behind bars in Sweden is exactly why he's returning to that country -- which seems insane -- but he's on a mission to help the inmates and immigrants he met there.
    We got the rapper Tuesday evening outside the swanky Rick Owens clothing store in NYC and asked why in the world he'd go back. A$AP says the month in jail for his assault case opened his eyes to the plight of immigrants. He says he was especially aware of the support he was getting, as a celeb, while some prisoners around him were rotting for 10 months or more before seeing a judge.
    He's on a mission to change that. For starters, A$AP says he's donating proceeds from his December 11 concert in Stockholm to an immigrant rights org called FARR, the Swedish Network of Refugee Support Groups.
    tmz.com/2019/11/19/asap-rocky-sweden-concert-immigration-prisoners-donald-trump/

Trump and Rocky A$AP supporters launch boycott of Swedish brands
    U.S. warned Sweden of 'negative consequences' if ASAP Rocky wasn't released

Aug. 3, 2019
    The U.S. government warned Sweden of "negative consequences" as it advocated for rapper ASAP Rocky during his trial for assault charges in Stockholm this week, according to a pair of letters released by the Swedish Prosecution Authority.
    According to the letters, obtained by NBC News partner Aftonbladet, the U.S. special presidential envoy for hostage affairs wrote to Swedish prosecutors urging them to release Rocky.
    "The government of the United States of America wants to resolve this case as soon as possible to avoid potentially negative consequences to the U.S.-Swedish bilateral relationship," Amb. Robert O'Brien wrote in the letter, dated Wednesday.
    In response Sweden's prosecutor-general, Petra Lundh, defended the independence of Swedish courts and said he therefore had to deny O'Brien's requests.
    "No other prosecutor, not even I, may interfere with a specific case or try to affect the prosecutor responsible," Lundh wrote in a letter dated Thursday.
    The letters marked the latest intervention by U.S. officials in a case that has commanded the attention of figures ranging from the president to Justin Bieber.
    Rocky, whose real name is Rakim Mayers, was arrested and charged with assault over a street brawl in the Swedish capital on June 30.
    Trump began weighing in on the case last month following outcry from celebrities including reality TV star Kim Kardashian-West and musician Rod Stewart.
    Trump said he spoke to Swedish Prime Minister Stefan Löfven asking for his release and "offered to personally vouch for his bail."

Wife of American Imprisoned in Iran Cites ASAP Rocky in Plea for Trump’s Help

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yeah, the new guy worked for Bolton and shares views with Bolton. Bolton wrote the introduction to his book.

Here's some fun tidbits:

Mr. O’Brien warned of the dangers that major powers like Russia and China pose and argued against “appeasement and retreat” as he excoriated President Barack Obama for what he deemed a weak foreign policy. He compared Mr. Obama’s nuclear agreement with Iran to the Munich Agreement that emboldened Adolf Hitler in 1938.

“America faces a stark choice in 2016 between a continuation of President Obama’s ‘lead-from-behind’ foreign policy and sequester-based national security approach and a return to President Reagan’s ‘leader of the free world’ foreign policy and ‘peace through strength’ national security approach,” he wrote.

Mr. O’Brien served with Mr. Bolton when he was President George W. Bush’s ambassador to the United Nations and has advised Republican candidates like Mitt Romney, Scott Walker and Ted Cruz.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/18/u...y-adviser.html
    Last edited by TheCount; 09-18-2019 at 10:03 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Meet the new boss
    Same as the old boss

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Yeah, the new guy worked for Bolton and shares views with Bolton. Bolton wrote the introduction to his book.

Here's some fun tidbits:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/18/u...y-adviser.html
    Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    Meet the new boss
    Same as the old boss
    I dunno, the way he handled Sweden shows lot of boldness and sends a strong message to Europe/World that there is a new America-First leadership in charge in US now.
    Granted somo of his ties with globalist neocons could be cause for concern and we'll have to watch how global interventions policies unfold in coming days and months. With recent surprisingly strong anti-war reaction to MAGA Iran statements from some quarters ( such as shocking b-word language used about POTUS by anti-interventionist US military veteran congresswoman), new NSA might be bit more cautious and measured in keeping Foreign-First vs America-First balance compared to Bolton-Pompeo wing of neoconservative Sheldon Adelson funded GOP-MAGA.

Aug. 3, 2019
    The U.S. government warned Sweden of "negative consequences" as it advocated for rapper ASAP Rocky during his trial for assault charges in Stockholm this week, according to a pair of letters released by the Swedish Prosecution Authority.
    According to the letters, obtained by NBC News partner Aftonbladet, the U.S. special presidential envoy for hostage affairs wrote to Swedish prosecutors urging them to release Rocky.
    "The government of the United States of America wants to resolve this case as soon as possible to avoid potentially negative consequences to the U.S.-Swedish bilateral relationship," Amb. Robert O'Brien wrote in the letter, dated Wednesday.
    In response Sweden's prosecutor-general, Petra Lundh, defended the independence of Swedish courts and said he therefore had to deny O'Brien's requests.

Romney and Lindsey Graham both have admired this choice, which is a promising sign that new guy even if not as famous as Bolton is no lightweight. Marco Rubio, Ted Cruz and other AIPAC, Israel causes champion and MAGA top donor Sheldon Adelson supported politicans expected to endorse new pick also. But we probbably won't see an endorsement coming from Congresswoman Ilhan Omar or Tulsi Gabbard.

It appaers he caught MAGA's talented son-in-law's eye, who like the new NSA pick is also a strong supporter of Israeli settlements:

Who is Robert O'Brien, Trump's new pick for national security adviser?

By Grace Segers
    September 18, 2019 / 11:18 AM / CBS News

President Trump's newly named national security adviser, Robert O'Brien, replaces John Bolton, who left the White House last week. Here's what to know about O'Brien, the fourth person Mr. Trump has named to the position since he took office:

A$AP Rocky

O'Brien was also integral to the release of rapper A$AP Rocky from a jail in Sweden. Rocky was accused of assaulting a man while in Stockholm earlier this year. O'Brien was present in court in Sweden when Rocky's trial began in early August.
    In his capacity as special envoy for hostage affairs, O'Brien wrote a letter to Swedish prosecutors urging them to release Rocky.
    "The government of the United States of America wants to resolve this case as soon as possible to avoid potentially negative consequences to the U.S.-Swedish bilateral relationship," O'Brien wrote, according to NBC News.
    His work on Rocky's case endeared him to Jared Kushner, the president's son-in-law and one of his top advisers.

Mr. Trump also liked O'Brien because he "looked the part" of national security adviser, sources told CBS News.
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/who-is-...urity-adviser/

Related
    Abby Martin: Kushner invested in Israeli settlements

Trump's new NSA pick is a strong supporter of Israeli settlements on Palestinian land
    In 2017, he published an article about how Israel was being discriminated against in the United Nations. The article attacked the Obama administration for not vetoing a U.N. Security Council resolution against Israeli settlements in the West Bank and East Jerusalem. He said that the resolution “has done nothing to advance the peace process”.

Mormon Zionist

I'm sure SS is absolutely beside himself with joy over the appointment.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Mormon Zionist

It's almost as if the things that he says have no connection to the things that he actually wants to happen.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Bolton without the mustache.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Mormon Zionist

I hate Romney so I doubt I would like this guy that worked for him.

But an advisor position has no power and Trump has shown he doesn't want war, this one probably won't last as long as Bolton did.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

I hate Romney so I doubt I would like this guy that worked for him.

But an advisor position has no power and Trump has shown he doesn't want war, this one probably won't last as long as Bolton did.
    EM.
    Not all advisors are created equal, do you think Senior White House Advisors Kushner (MAGA's 'Russian' son-in-law) and daughter Ivanka have "no power" also?

Evereyone else may be going through revolving doors but those two are keepers.

His (Trump's new NSA pick) work on Rocky's case endeared him to Jared Kushner, the president's son-in-law and one of his top advisers.

Kushner Personally Negotiated MIC/Saud Arms Deal

Former Secretary of State Rex Tillerson describes Jared Kushner’s secret diplomacy
    In one embarrassing episode, Tillerson said he didn’t even know his Mexican counterpart was in Washington until he walked into a restaurant and discovered Luis Videgaray dining with Kushner. It came during a delicate time in U.S.-Mexican relations, when Videgaray often went around the State Department to capitalize on his friendship with Kushner.
    “I walked back,” Tillerson said. “I could see the color go out of the face of the foreign secretary of Mexico.
    “I smiled big, and I said: ‘Welcome to Washington.’ And I said: ‘I don’t want to interrupt what y’all are doing.’ I said: ‘Give me a call next time you’re coming to town.’ And I left it at that.”
    Tillerson said the foreign minister later said he was shocked that the issues that Kushner raised with him had not already been cleared at the State Department.
    Tillerson, a former CEO of ExxonMobil, said then-Defense Secretary James N. Mattis was also often cut out of policy discussions, with former advisor Stephen K. Bannon acting alongside Kushner.
    In another meeting concealed from the secretary of State, Kushner and Bannon at a private dinner in May 2017 discussed with leaders of Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates their plans to place a blockade on neighboring Qatar.

Tillerson, surprised when Saudi Arabia and the UAE announced the blockade some time later, indicated the U.S. would remain neutral, since Qatar is also an important ally. Barely had Tillerson spoken when Trump threw his full support behind Saudi Arabia and the UAE. The tense Persian Gulf standoff continues to this day.

Trump's son-in-law Jared Kushner questioned over $1.15bn mortgage
    Charles Kushner — Jared's father and the head of Kushner Companies, the family firm of which Jared remains a part-owner — discussed the refinancing of 666 Fifth Avenue with Qatari Finance Minister Ali Sharif Al Emadi about a month before the “diplomatic assault” started. They couldn’t reach an agreement.
    the failure to broker the deal would be followed only a month later by a Middle Eastern diplomatic row in which Jared Kushner provided critical support to Qatar's neighbors. Led by Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates, a group of Middle Eastern countries, with Kushner's backing, led a diplomatic assault that culminated in a blockade of Qatar.
    Robert Weissman, president of the watchdog group Public Citizen, thinks that Jared shouldn’t be allowed to use the US government to “negotiate” a better deal for personal gain:

Jared Kushner is wreaking havoc in the Middle East
    The entire Middle East, from Palestine to Yemen, appears set to burst into flames after this week. The region was already teetering on the edge, but recent events have only made things worse. And while the mayhem should be apparent to any casual observer, what’s less obvious is Jared Kushner’s role in the chaos. Kushner is, of course, the US president’s senior advisor and son-in-law. The 36-year-old is a Harvard graduate who seems to have a hard time filling in forms correctly.
    https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...oc-middle-east

Muhammad bin Kushner, Jared bin Salman, Daffy Duck & Co
    The same is with the two rich daddy's boys - Jared Kushner and Mohammed bin Salman - who are now so intertwined we get their names mixed up as they are committing war crimes in Yemen, throwing the Palestinian cause under the bus, reforming Islam Israeli-style, causing mayhem in Lebanon, and hope to begin bombing Iran and to invade with the last American soldier their petrodollars and AIPAC lobby can buy.
    http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opi...092338779.html

“Morning Joe” co-hosts claim that Jared Kushner on behalf of White House attempted to blackmail the morning show
    https://www.thewrap.com/jared-kushne...-trump-report/

Will Bolton trained assistant be as strong as Bolton?

The Dangers of a Weak National Security Adviser

A lesson for Robert O’Brien: When the person in that role lacks authority, disorder follows.

By JOHN GANS
    September 19, 2019

John Gans, director of communications and research at the University of Pennsylvania’s Perry World House, is author of White House Warriors: How the National Security Council Transformed the American Way of War.

If there are any rules for hiring a national security adviser, the first is to avoid someone too powerful. That prohibition has served several presidents well since the stormy tenure of Henry Kissinger, who is the only person to have served as both national security adviser and secretary of State. When Donald Trump last week decided against giving the national security adviser title to Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, the president wisely abided by the Kissinger rule.
    But in his selection Wednesday of lawyer Robert O’Brien, who has most recently served as hostage negotiator at the State Department, Trump might have broken a second, even more important, rule. Presidents should worry at least as much about a weak national security adviser as a strong one. O’Brien could end up growing into the role, but with an irregular president, a lower public profile and limited national security policymaking experience, he will have to work hard to avoid the frustrations and failures of his weak predecessors.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...r-trump-228146

This could become one of first projects of former hostage negotiator turned new NSA. No response from MAGA WH yet but WH has been pretty busy in last few days.

Journalists, students press lawmakers to help secure return of Marine vet Austin Tice

A t-shirt worn by a volunteer on Capitol Hill on Sept. 23, 2019 gives details about Austin Tice, a journalist who has been missing in Syria for seven years.

JOE GROMELSKI/STARS AND STRIPES

WASHINGTON — The president of the National Press Club entered the office of House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy on Monday morning, her 12-year-old son by her side. Both wore T-shirts emblazoned with the image of an American journalist and Marine Corps veteran abducted in Syria.

“We are here on behalf of Austin Tice,” Allison Kodjak told a staff member for McCarthy, who represents the 23rd District of California.

She then delivered the same well-practiced message she would relay to several other congressional offices in quick succession throughout the morning: Tice’s parents, Marc and Debra, and the National Press Club want him freed, and they need the help of Congress and President Donald Trump.

“He’s the only American journalist being held overseas right now,” Kodjak told Daniel Bleiberg, foreign policy adviser for Rep. Lois Frankel, D-Fla. “The idea is to keep him at the forefront. Our understanding is the more people talk about him, in Syria he becomes more valuable.”

Kodjak and her son Forrest were among 100 volunteers who dispersed across Capitol Hill on Monday to raise awareness about Tice and build support for a letter that lawmakers plan to send to Trump, urging his administration to secure Tice’s release.

Tice, a former Marine captain who fought in Iraq and Afghanistan, was about to enter his final year at Georgetown Law School in 2012 when he went to Syria to work for the summer as a freelance journalist. He was reporting in Damascus when he was abducted, and he’s believed to be held by the Syrian government or allied forces.

• JOE GROMELSKI/STARS AND STRIPES
      ">

Marc and Debra Tice, parents of Austin Tice, listen as Julie Moos gives instructions to volunteers who are about to distribute information about the missing journalist to Capitol Hill offices, Sept. 23, 2019.
    JOE GROMELSKI/STARS AND STRIPES

Monday’s mobilization on Capitol Hill was organized by Tice’s family and the National Press Club, which has been working with the Tices to make his release a priority with the U.S. State Department.

Volunteers congregated in the Rayburn House Office Building early Monday, where they grabbed T-shirts with Tice’s image on the front and the hashtag #FreeAustinTice in bold lettering across the back. Each volunteer took a stack of folders containing information about Tice and a copy of the letter to be sent to Trump.

The letter asks Trump to “use the full weight” of his national security team and send a special envoy to Syria to help free him.

After seven years of their son’s captivity, the Tices have found new reason to be hopeful. Last week, Trump named Robert O’Brien, his chief hostage negotiator, as his new national security adviser. O’Brien has worked on Tice’s case and has said he believes Tice is still aliv
    e.

“We are very happy to see him now in a position of more authority and influence to continue to push efforts for Austin’s release,” Marc Tice told Stars and Stripes over the weekend.

Trump has praised his administration’s hostage negotiations. In the past two years, at least a dozen Americans have been freed, including three basketball players and rapper A$AP Rocky.

“We would have to say the current administration certainly sounds and feels to us to have a stronger, more action-oriented commitment to bringing hostages home,” Marc Tice said.
    stripes.com/news/us/journalists-students-press-lawmakers-to-help-secure-return-of-marine-vet-austin-tice-1.600203

Mormon Zionist

Who would have guessed that the resident Trump supporter with 40 posts a day on average is part of a brainwashing institute that demands that its followers do a 1 year task to further the Mormon agenda (the Latter Day Saints church)?
    I don't believe he is and as a Mormon I'm grateful for that.
    But he may be part of the criminal enterprise that some of our leaders may be associated with.
    Do NOT ever read my posts. Google and Yahoo wouldn’t block them without a very good reason: Google-censors-the-world/page3

The Order of the Garter rules the world: Order of the Garter and the Carolingian dynasty

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    Who would have guessed that the resident Trump supporter with 40 posts a day on average is part of a brainwashing institute that demands that its followers do a 1 year task to further the Mormon agenda (the Latter Day Saints church)?
    I make no secret of my religion and I have mentioned it many times, I also have made it clear that I disagree with much heresy and corruption in the church.

Take your bigotry elsewhere along with your support for Che and O'Bummer's Waters of the United States tyranny.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

By Camilo Montoya-Galvez CBS News
    November 10, 2019, 2:01 PM

National security adviser "very concerned" about possible war crimes in Syria during Turkish offensive

Washington — As Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan prepares to visit Washington for a White House meeting Wednesday, President Trump's national security adviser said he's "very concerned" about reports of potential war crimes in Syria in the wake of the Turkish-led invasion of territory formerly held by U.S.-allied Kurdish forces.
    "We're very concerned about those issues, the war crimes issues," National Security Adviser Robert O'Brien said on "Face the Nation" Sunday. "We're watching them. We're monitoring it very closely. There is no place for genocide, for ethnic cleansing, for war crimes in the 21st century. The U.S. won't stand by for it, and we've made that position very clear to the Turks."
    After Mr. Trump ordered an abrupt withdrawal of the U.S. troops stationed in northern Syria, the Turkish military launched a full-blown offensive with the help of Arab militias to take land held by the Kurds, which the government in Ankara has long accused of fostering discord and terrorism within Turkey.
    Mr. Trump's announcement fueled a flurry of bipartisan outcry in Congress, with even typically staunch allies like Senator Lindsey Graham urging him to reverse course. Democrats and Republican alike warned Mr. Trump that an American draw-down from the region would effectively sanction a Turkish slaughter of Kurdish groups, which were instrumental in U.S. efforts to eradicate the territorial ISIS caliphate.

cbsnews.com/news/national-security-adviser-robert-obrien-very-concerned-war-crimes-syria-turkish-offensive-face-the-nation/

Take your bigotry elsewhere...
    Powerful statement in support of civil rights and equal human rights for all !!
    MAGA supporters' valiant efforts against bigotry are usually not appreciated by fakenews media but the word is getting out thanks to social media.

New adviser who was called 'Bolton without mustache' unfortunately by some critics is already showing strong leadership and looks like he's a keeper :

Iran standoff shines spotlight on new Trump security adviser

By JONATHAN LEMIRE, DEB RIECHMANN and AAMER MADHANI yesterday

1 of 3
    In this Jan. 8, 2020, photo, national security adviser Robert O'Brien, listens as President Donald Trump addresses the nation from the White House on the ballistic missile strike that Iran launched against Iraqi air bases housing U.S. troops in Washington. (AP Photo/Alex Brandon)

WASHINGTON (AP) — In a defining week for President Donald Trump on the world stage, national security adviser Robert O’Brien was a constant presence at the president’s side as the U.S. edged to the brink of war with Iran and back again.
    The contrasts with O’Brien’s predecessor along the way — in secret consultations at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida, in the Oval Office and in basement deliberations in the White House Situation Room — could not have been more stark.
    While former national security adviser John Bolton spent decades as a conservative iconoclast in the public arena, O’Brien is far from a household name. While Bolton had strong opinions he shared loudly in the Oval Office, O’Brien has worked to establish an amiable relationship with Trump. And while Bolton’s trademark mustache was a target of Trump’s mockery, the president is drawn to O’Brien’s low-key California vibe and style.
    “Right out of central casting,” Trump says of O’Brien.
    For all the differences between the two men, though, O’Brien ended up signing off on the same course of action that Bolton had long endorsed: a strike to take out Iran’s top general, Qassem Soleimani. The decision drew retaliatory missile strikes from Tehran.
    The way that O’Brien steered the Trump White House through the process endeared himself to the president and widened his rapidly growing influence in the West Wing.
    “He’s a deal guy and the president’s a deal guy,” said Jared Kushner, a senior White House adviser. “A lot of people inside the foreign policy establishment are good at explaining why things are wrong but are petrified to put things in play and take calculated risks.”
    The Iran drama was set in motion when Trump summoned O’Brien from Los Angeles to the president’s lush Palm Beach spread, where Trump was spending a two-week winter holiday. While other top aides, including Secretary of State Michael Pompeo and acting chief of staff Mick Mulvaney, consulted with the president from afar, Trump wanted O’Brien at his side.
    “Robert was calm, cool and collected, constantly keeping the president updated,” Kushner recalled.
    More than a half-dozen current and former administrati

https://apnews.com/190cea337d0bd0792971932ee3b7bf55

So...Low key neo con who gets along with Trumps abrasive personality

Looks like neo cons have perfect advisor

Ughh