Thread: They have a plan to make traffic worse

Thumbs down They have a plan to make traffic worse

There is actually a push out there to "make traffic worse" by the central planners and progressives. I have known this for a while but now it is blatant and out in the open.

What is interesting is that this agenda to get people out of cars and on to government run transportation has been hush hush... until now.

Here a major transit planner actually comes out and openly admits that is their agenda, that is their goal. This is the kind of crap they teach in urban planning and traffic engineering schools now.

This piece is VERY MUCH worth the read and will help give you insight to why streets don't get widened, repaired, money is dumped in to silly trains, etc.

Check it out:

http://www.ocregister.com/transit-pl...our-life-worse
    Last edited by Matt Collins; 09-17-2019 at 01:09 PM. Reason: Fixed the link
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You aren’t just kidding there. I live in between three major interstates and a major state highway. I should be able to get downtown in less than ten minutes. Nope. It’s going to be 30 minutes or longer in very heavy traffic. That doesn’t sound like much until you understand just how close I live to downtown.

So I take a major thoroughfare. For years I could set my speed and watch every light turn green as I drove. Twelve minutes. When Megan Barry introduced the airport underground rail, they scrambled the lights. Besides making it Take longer, they made it way more dangerous.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Sorry people. This contagious insanity will not be contained in California. It is coming to you.

For many, the drive to force people out of their cars can mean one of two things: ever longer commutes or a look at real estate ads in Boise.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    So I take a major thoroughfare. For years I could set my speed and watch every light turn green as I drove. Twelve minutes. When Megan Barry introduced the airport underground rail, they scrambled the lights. Besides making it Take longer, they made it way more dangerous.
    I see the same thing. Traffic lights that intentionally turn red to stop all the traffic. I used to think this was just terrible programming and inefficiency, but now it seems to be part of an agenda. And what a waste of fuel. They claim to care about the environment and pollution yet they intentionally create more of it. Idling cars everywhere.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    I see the same thing. Traffic lights that intentionally turn red to stop all the traffic. I used to think this was just terrible programming and inefficiency, but now it seems to be part of an agenda. And what a waste of fuel. They claim to care about the environment and pollution yet they intentionally create more of it. Idling cars everywhere.
    I noticed that years ago, people still think I'm a bit touched when I say it. You can sit at a light for five minutes and it won't turn until someone comes from the other direction and then it will stop them.
    "The Patriarch"

Good thing I don't drive on highways to work.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Sorry people. This contagious insanity will not be contained in California. It is coming to you.
    It's already in a lot of places.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Probably the single accomplishment Mayor Pete brags about the most is his implementation of so-called "smart streets," which was just changing around the street design in downtown South Bend to make traffic move more slowly through it.

That is actually done to make speeding harder, and for businesses to be noticed easier. This isn't something recent.

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    I noticed that years ago, people still think I'm a bit touched when I say it. You can sit at a light for five minutes and it won't turn until someone comes from the other direction and then it will stop them.
    That explains government thinking to a T.
    FJB

Higher prices
    worse services
    There way
    And
    No hiway

But keep paying yo fair share of the nothinghead
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Good thing I don't drive on highways to work.
    Sidewalks are a lot easier! haha

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by Grandmastersexsay View Post
    That is actually done to make speeding harder, and for businesses to be noticed easier. This isn't something recent.
    That is sometimes the excuse. They used to say that they timed the lights such that a person driving the speed limit will never hit a red light, keeping them at the speed limit.

But now, the light turns green, a whole mass of vehicles gets up to speed, and the next light turns red just in time to stop them all again. The effect is to make travel take as long as possible, with the side effect of as much braking and idling as possible.

Bad for pollution and energy usage, good for transit bureaucracies pushing their agendas and budgets.

Sounds like a good way to increase the homicide rate.

Ban guns, increase traffic - massive spike in tire iron related road rage.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So the gist is that every Agenda 2030 goal will be blamed on Covid and BLM (or whatever media created boogeymen they can cook up to replace them periodically over the next 10 years) from here on out...instead of the 30+ year plan that's been in the works from the UN or the hundreds of years plan attributed to other groups. Same ol' playbook being run over and over and over. Al Qaeda, ISIS, Covid, BLM, etc. But it's never unelected globalist bureaucrats backed by billionaires and bankers, nope. That's crazy conspiracy talk.
    Last edited by devil21; 09-19-2020 at 04:03 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

I was thinking about this today when I noticed shoulders now being white lined near a red light where typically everyone uses the shoulder to turn right. Signs saying it is illegal to use the shoulder (for the right turn). If people did not use the shoulder traffic would be backed up pretty far but I guess that is what the want. At a four corners of all woods in a directions.. Ridiculous.

The plan to get people out of private transportation and into public transportation has been an ongoing agenda since the Clinton administration. It’s agenda 21 policies being implemented. Cities are regularly closing streets permanently to allow for foot and bicycle traffic. It seems like the fake pandemic is energized TPTB to make agenda 2030 into 2020.

it’s about keeping you local. Everything you’ll ever need will be in your neighborhood.

I would think that lanes on an interstate are very expensive to build and maintain. For many years now states dedicate a lane or more for HOV. They ticket people that don't have the proper number of passengers. The main interstate is bumper to bumper traffic and there are 2 unused lanes with no traffic that you are not allowed to use. Everyday traffic jams and 2 unused lanes. These lanes are to make travel better for carpooling and to save emissions. Meanwhile bumper to bumper stop and go!

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    I was thinking about this today when I noticed shoulders now being white lined near a red light where typically everyone uses the shoulder to turn right. Signs saying it is illegal to use the shoulder (for the right turn). If people did not use the shoulder traffic would be backed up pretty far but I guess that is what the want. At a four corners of all woods in a directions.. Ridiculous.
    Yeah, I have noticed that they are eliminating right turn only lanes. So now, if just one vehicle is in the right lane going straight, they stop and block everyone that would make a right turn on red. Keeps the traffic backed up and vehicles idling.

Quote Originally Posted by DiverseSegregation View Post
    I would think that lanes on an interstate are very expensive to build and maintain. For many years now states dedicate a lane or more for HOV. They ticket people that don't have the proper number of passengers. The main interstate is bumper to bumper traffic and there are 2 unused lanes with no traffic that you are not allowed to use. Everyday traffic jams and 2 unused lanes. These lanes are to make travel better for carpooling and to save emissions. Meanwhile bumper to bumper stop and go!
    And they are turning the HOV lanes into toll lanes, which require every vehicle that uses them to have a tracking device in the vehicle. Plus they take pictures of all the license plates. Convenient.