Thread: California adds Iowa to 'travel ban' over refusal to fund gender transitions

California adds Iowa to 'travel ban' over refusal to fund gender transitions

Not the "Onion", not the Babylon Bee....

California announced last week that it has added Iowa to the list of states on its ever-expanding "travel ban" list because of that state's new prohibition against funding gender-transition surgeries under Medicaid.

The announcement by state Attorney General Xavier Becerra means that as of Oct. 4, California will no longer offer taxpayer-funded trips to Iowa for any public employee or student at a state-run university.

Becerra's authority came from a 2016 California law signed by then-Gov. Jerry Brown that bars state-funded travel to other states that undercut LGBT rights. The blacklist already included Alabama, Kentucky, North Carolina, Texas, Oklahoma and Mississippi.

“The Iowa Legislature has reversed course on what was settled law under the Iowa Civil Rights Act, repealing protections for those seeking gender-affirming health care,” Becerra said in a statement. “California has taken an unambiguous stand against discrimination and government actions that would enable it."
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/cal...er-transitions
    "The Patriarch"

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    As a Tar Heel, the truth of the matter is, I don't want them here anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    As a Tar Heel, the truth of the matter is, I don't want them here anyway.
    Too late here in Washington, they infested the place a long time ago.
    "The Patriarch"

What does California think it can tell other states what to do? This is unconstitutional. Just pointing out that California has 4 schools who are members of the PAC-12 conference. The Big 10 is their rival conference and Iowa has two member school.

Unimportant? Maybe not. Schools have TV contracts and they could stand to lose millions if they don’t show up to play.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

There is a gene that requires corrective gender surgery
    There is a gene that is pervasive in Ca
    There is a gene that creates lbgt

There is a gene called;
    abjectus stupidious

Sounds like they need some of that freedom we've been spreading around the world...
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Soon all states will be on the ban list.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

The states that use medicaid money to pay for sex changes should be punished .
    Do something Danke

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jkr View Post
    Sounds like they need some of that freedom we've been spreading around the world...
    I think they have brought it on themselves by abusing taxpayer dollars.
    Do something Danke