Thread: Whites need not apply: Campus sci-tech symposium to only feature scholars of color

Whites need not apply: Campus sci-tech symposium to only feature scholars of color

From Drudge;

Whites need not apply: Campus sci-tech symposium to only feature scholars of color

https://www.thecollegefix.com/whites...lars-of-color/

Event at Williams College to explore sci-tech’s ‘relationship to society’

An upcoming science and technology symposium slated to take place at Williams College promises a unique feature: it will showcase “new” voices in the field, and those voices will only come from scholars of color.

“New Voices in Science and Technology Studies: A C3 Symposium,” set for early November at the private Massachusetts-based liberal arts university, invited scholars to submit papers if they represent a “historically underrepresented group.”

The call for papers specifies that means either “African Americans, Alaska Natives, Arab Americans, Asian Americans, Latinx, Native Americans, Native Hawaiians, and other Pacific Islanders.”

Part of the application process asked applicants to write a couple sentences proving themselves as a member of a “historically underrepresented group.” Yet the application also provides an equal employment opportunity statement that people from all backgrounds are welcome.

Chosen scholars will receive a $500 honorarium and be hosted by Williams College as they present their papers to the audience, organizers state, adding “we aim to create an inclusive, intellectually enriching experience for all involved, including the visiting speakers and the faculty and students of Williams.”

Williams College Associate Professor of Political Science and Chair of Science and Technology Studies Laura Ephraim is the point of contact for the event. For the last three weeks she has ignored repeated phone calls and emails from The College Fix seeking comment on the event.

Williams College’s media affairs office and several faculty members in the Science and Technology Studies program at the school also ignored repeated requests for comment.

The only person at the college willing to return numerous requests for comment was an administrative assistant in Science and Technology Studies who said they were unsure who could help The College Fix with its questions.

Promotional materials for the symposium state: “The Science & Technology Studies Program at Williams College invites papers on any topic concerned with science and technology and their relationship to society for a day-long symposium showcasing the work of early-career scholars (ABD or recent PhD) from historically underrepresented groups.”

“The Program in Science and Technology Studies (STS) aims to provide students with an interdisciplinary framework through which to appreciate the complex interactions between science, technology and society, and with which to analyze and understand the ways science and technology give shape to, and are in turn given shape by, society, culture and history,” the website states.

The program also works on “critical dialogue” issues.

“The STS Program furthermore serves as a forum in which students from all divisions are invited to partake in critical dialogue on a range of pressing issues: scientific controversies, expert knowledge, innovation and sociohistorical transformation, politics and policy, media and communication infrastructure, public understanding of science and technology, and philosophical questions,” according to its website.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Funny how "inclusive" has come to mean "No Whites."

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Funny how "inclusive" has come to mean "No Whites."
    Maybe there should be whites only colleges, then they wouldn't have to worry about us.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Maybe there should be whites only colleges, then they wouldn't have to worry about us.
    Best just to separate us from the tolerant and inclusive people and cast us out. Perhaps make all of us move to a three state area and make us live on our own by hook and crook. That'd show us who's boss.

Best just to separate us from the tolerant and inclusive people and cast us out. Perhaps make all of us move to a three state area and make us live on our own by hook and crook. That'd show us who's boss.
    Oh, I think were going to need more than three.
    "The Patriarch"

Not for those that are not self-loathing. They can keep the self-loathers as their little bitches.

Not for those that are not self-loathing. They can keep the self-loathers as their little bitches.
    I'm all for that. How about we get to keep one coast? I could go for that. (The center goes to us by default... )
    "The Patriarch"

I'm all for that. How about we get to keep one coast? I could go for that. (The center goes to us by default... )
    Gulf coast?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Gulf coast?
    Too hot for me, I would rather have the Canadian coast.
    "The Patriarch"

Gotta have a coast for trade. Though for "non-self loathing whites" it wouldn't have to be big real estate. Perhaps, Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont for the Atlantic. On the Gulf perhaps, Louisiana, Mississippi, and Arkansas. On the West perhaps, Washington, Oregon and Idaho for the Pacific.
    They'd really show me who is boss if the carved out any one of these spots and told me to keep to my own.
    Last edited by phill4paul; 09-16-2019 at 07:12 AM.

I'd improvise, adapt, overcome, if that were the cost of my censure. Given everything in totality.

Gotta have a coast for trade. Though for "non-self loathing whites" it wouldn't have to be big real estate. Perhaps, Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont for the Atlantic. On the Gulf perhaps, Louisiana, Mississippi, and Arkansas. On the West perhaps, Washington, Oregon and Idaho for the Pacific.
    They'd really show me who is boss if the carved out any one of these spots and told me to keep to my own.
    You'll need to include Southern Missouri and the Southeast corner of Oklahoma in order to encompass the Ozarks...

That sounds very racist.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    You'll need to include Southern Missouri and the Southeast corner of Oklahoma in order to encompass the Ozarks...
    Gonna be tough to get Missouri AND Oklahoma in there without being land locked. Unless ya got Texas. Guess you could come down from the Great Lakes. Illinois, Missouri, Oklahoma. A $#@! ton of border disputes in that grouping though.

Gonna be tough to get Missouri AND Oklahoma in there without being land locked. Unless ya got Texas. Guess you could come down from the Great Lakes. Illinois, Missouri, Oklahoma. A $#@! ton of border disputes in that grouping though.
    I'm betting 90+% of the wheat-belt would vote to join.

Missouri would just as soon disassociate themselves from St.Louis and Kansas City so that'd leave a clear path to the gulf via the Mississippi to the southern tip of Illinois that would effectively land lock that mess. Unless they could broker a treaty with the Canuks to ship via the St.Lawrence seaway..

I'm betting 90+% of the wheat-belt would vote to join.

Missouri would just as soon disassociate themselves from St.Louis and Kansas City so that'd leave a clear path to the gulf via the Mississippi to the southern tip of Illinois that would effectively land lock that mess. Unless they could broker a treaty with the Canuks to ship via the St.Lawrence seaway..
    They can't join, man. The whole crux of this mental masturbation is to convince the masses to declare that non-self loathing whites relegate themselves to just three states so they can practice tolerance in all the others and be rid of us. So, we can't carve out something new. Just three states for non-self loathing whites out of 50.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    They can't join, man. The whole crux of this mental masturbation is to convince the masses to declare that non-self loathing whites relegate themselves to just three states so they can practice tolerance in all the others and be rid of us. So, we can't carve out something new. Just three states for non-self loathing whites out of 50.
    From what I know it'd take states the size of Tx. to get all the non-self loathing whites packed in..

Then we'd be dealing with a batch of folks who wouldn't tolerate being on top of one-another so war would be declared in order to procure land...

Better to corral the diverse and woke, give them a plot and invite them to try and take more.

I wholly endorse your plans and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

That would show us racist, troglodyte, wretched deplorables who's boss, for sure.

"Please Br'er Fox...DON'T throw me in that briar patch!"
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 09-16-2019 at 10:05 AM.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

I don't get it. Massive amounts of people want to move to predominantly white countries. Then once here a lot of them want nothing to do with white people.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    I don't get it. Massive amounts of people want to move to predominantly white countries. Then once here a lot of them want nothing to do with white people.
    "The Patriarch"

parasitism

As long as we're fantasizing, I'll go along with that. But we all know the self righteous, woke blight on humanity will never let us go peacefully.
    "The Patriarch"

Race wars will come because our enemies insist on them, we can try to make it about ideology instead and we need to not only for the sake of sane and liberty loving minorities but to keep the leftist whites that got us here out of our side.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

It's probably like seeing a huge mansion and wanting to move into it, but after moving into it, not wanting the people who built the mansion to live there at the same time.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    It's probably like seeing a huge mansion and wanting to move into it, but after moving into it, not wanting the people who built the mansion to live there at the same time.
    But they want to kill the full staff of servants too.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Academia was in decline long before this latest turn toward lunatic identitarianism.

So, I'm inclined to cheer it on, as it may hasten the reckoning.

Though I'd like to see libertarians take the opportunity to do more than complain.

This is a fine time to build alternative institutions.

Because they usually end up in cities...which are filled with self loathing white progressives.

I don't want those $#@!s around me either.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Academia was in decline long before this latest turn toward lunatic identitarianism.

So, I'm inclined to cheer it on, as it may hasten the reckoning.

Though I'd like to see libertarians take the opportunity to do more than complain.

This is a fine time to build alternative institutions.
    Where?

Sane people shun crowds, especially institutional type crowds.

Crowds and group-think tend to go hand in hand and someone who tells the group what they want to hear will rise to prominence creating more of what we're seeing.

Better to share knowledge without institutions.

Oh, they still want your money.
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

Where?

Sane people shun crowds, especially institutional type crowds.

Crowds and group-think tend to go hand in hand and someone who tells the group what they want to hear will rise to prominence creating more of what we're seeing.

Better to share knowledge without institutions.
    There's nothing inherently wrong with educational institutions. Schools didn't go to pot because they're schools. They went to pot because highly organized leftists systematically took control of them (the "long march through the institutions") and because of various kinds of governmental interference. The solution is to create alternative institutions, which take no money from government, and rigorously exclude leftists.

As for decentralized education (e.g. putting materials online for anyone to read), that's all well and good, but the notion that this is going to lead to significant gains for libertarianism is based on a false premise: that good ideas always win out. They don't. The ideas that win out are those which are most effectively promoted: as by creating educational institutions to promote them.

We don't have to try to match our opponents in quantity, spitting out millions of graduates every year, which is well beyond our means. We can focus on quality. Create a small school of the highest quality to poach the very best and brightest, who will go on to be influential members of society. This is actually within our means. If a fraction of the resources wasted on electoral politics were redirected toward this purpose, we could see concrete results within a short period of time.