Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Leftists Won’t Be Going ‘Door-To-Door’ To Take Your Guns, Because They Won’t Have To

Quote Originally Posted by Republicanguy View Post
    Typical rightwing chatter about owning guns, and not seeing the wider society.

Violent, bullying society you people seem to live in, paranoid, godly and arrogant. Terrible.
    The only places in America that are full of violent bullies have gun bans.

Get lost, Redcoat slave.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    The only places in America that are full of violent bullies have gun bans.

Get lost, Redcoat slave.
    You keep believing that, because I don't.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You keep believing that, because I don't.
    You are a fool and a slave who only believes what you are told to think by your masters.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Violent, bullying society you people seem to live in, paranoid, godly and arrogant. Terrible.
    If one does not own a gun then what is your solution for this?

1. Over powering lunatic or group of thugs tries to kill you and there is no time to reach for your phone to call the police. Even if you do call the police by the time they get to you while you trying to get away from them you end up either dead, raped or injured.

2. A victim of a violent crime through forced home entry wishes to prevent further injury or sexual assault by defending themselves with a gun from another attack. What is your alternative solution to stop them?

3. What do you do for 1. or 2. when the criminal is known by police but the police chose to look the other way since either the gun toting attacker is one of their own or a relative to the blue family? With 18,000 Federal, state, and local law enforcement agencies in the US it is estimated that there are close to a million officers. If you count people who work for the police, the judicial system, politicians and then add their families, friends, we are looking at millions. Within any percentage of the population there is always a percentage of deviants. These deviants are armed and above the law. A dangerous combination that requires one to be properly armed against them.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Both sides heavily exaggerate. Anti- gun people over-emphasize mass shootings which are actually pretty rare. Pro-gun people jump to "they are going to take away all of our guns!" There will be hand wringing on both sides and maybe some small marginal rule changes to show they are "doing something" on one side and "we stopped the confiscation!" on the other side and things will pretty much stay the same.
    When the left says that, exactly, those exact words...what do you suggest we do?

Ignore it?
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

I know, it is a horrible place.

Do not ever move here...you'd be miserable.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    I don't kill nothing intentionally I think I run over a few rats and snakes with the mower but if they can't hear that thing and clear out that's kinda too bad. I wish my neighbors wouldn't shoot at the bears but a lot of people around here have live stock. I think it is actually illegal to kill bears around where I am at. To my knowledge they just shoot near them but don't kill them but I would not put it past them to kill them if they were in their stables. There are poisonous snakes in my yard copperheads and cottonmouths I don't mess with them too much unless one is crawling on me and there are of course coyotes, deer and cougars too. I have a couple black snakes that keep my garden rodent free and I do not disturb them. I always wear my heavy boots when I go wondering around outside on my property.

I have to keep a very close eye on my male dog at night. I insist that he stays inside. There are just too many things out in the night.
    I'm ascard' of water moccasins, have never seen copperheads of cottonmouths, hear of them but I don't think
    we have them out her in the desert.
    Got no bears thank God.

You wear heavy boots, that's good, whenever I'm out walking I stamp my feet ever' so often, that clears
    the snakes, they're pretty good snakes as long as they aren't surprised or cornered.
    We have red racers that can scare the begesus out of ya , they are super fast, but actually harmless,
    the Bull Snakes are beautiful, harmless too.

And yea, pets out at night will shorten their lifespan by about 89 percent, at least that's my experience,
    no one goes out at night, they don't mind cause they know they get to go out and hang outside in the
    mornings for a couple hours.

I've always held that they won't go door-to-door. It would be impossible since there isn't enough manpower to do so, considering the vast size of our nation and population. Such a landmark event wouldn't come as a surprise, so we would all know well ahead of time and could easily stash our firearms into hiding. It would also force some people into armed conflict so would present at least some risk, although it would be stupid to shoot back in a door-to-door scenario when one could do much more damage by choosing the time and location of a counterattack.

The main goal would be to simply criminalize people who were perfectly lawful a day prior. They would know that many people would hide their weapons, but they would also know that most of these people aren't going to use them in self-defense anyway. What they will have accomplished is to make people fear firearm ownership and the consequences of using them in self-defense. They would also slow down the proliferation of firearms and prevent people from lawfully practicing with them at a range. In other words, it would land a crushing blow on our culture which largely supports individual firearm ownership. In twenty years, such people would be considered archaic and the cultural acceptance of individual firearm ownership will begin to evaporate.

Of course they will still enforce the law, but it will be calculated and opportunistic enforcement in order to spread fear. Maybe they raid someone's home for a drug related matter, find an illegal firearm, and now the individual is subject to a 20 year minimum sentence. The headline will read, "Area Police Arrest White Supremacist for Illegal Guns and Drugs," and nobody will care. But the message will be clear for the rest of us.

I would argue that if there were such a ban, and we were hiding in the shadows with our AR-15s buried somewhere, hoping that the government won't find them, then we might as well just give up. Otherwise, we would have to fight.
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Both sides heavily exaggerate. Anti- gun people over-emphasize mass shootings which are actually pretty rare. Pro-gun people jump to "they are going to take away all of our guns!" There will be hand wringing on both sides and maybe some small marginal rule changes to show they are "doing something" on one side and "we stopped the confiscation!" on the other side and things will pretty much stay the same.
    I oppose all gun laws . Criminals do not obey the law so restrictions only apply and hinder the law abiding . Therefore they are senseless . I oppose all gun laws . There should never be another . If there are it will have zero effect on future criminal behaviour . People who support gun laws are dangerous open communists who are enemies of the state and wish to deprive people of safety .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I oppose all gun laws . Criminals do not obey the law so restrictions only apply and hinder the law abiding . Therefore they are senseless . I oppose all gun laws . There should never be another . If there are it will have zero effect on future criminal behaviour . People who support gun laws are dangerous open communists who are enemies of the state and wish to deprive people of safety .
    Yea if it becomes illegal to own or sell a gun the black market will happily stock their shelves with more guns. That is something that the gun grabbers don't seem to want to consider at all at least publicly. It is my opinion that people who want to make guns illegal and keep medicinal pain relief plants illegal are top people in the cartels.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    If one does not own a gun then what is your solution for this?

1. Over powering lunatic or group of thugs tries to kill you and there is no time to reach for your phone to call the police. Even if you do call the police by the time they get to you while you trying to get away from them you end up either dead, raped or injured.

2. A victim of a violent crime through forced home entry wishes to prevent further injury or sexual assault by defending themselves with a gun from another attack. What is your alternative solution to stop them?

3. What do you do for 1. or 2. when the criminal is known by police but the police chose to look the other way since either the gun toting attacker is one of their own or a relative to the blue family? With 18,000 Federal, state, and local law enforcement agencies in the US it is estimated that there are close to a million officers. If you count people who work for the police, the judicial system, politicians and then add their families, friends, we are looking at millions. Within any percentage of the population there is always a percentage of deviants. These deviants are armed and above the law. A dangerous combination that requires one to be properly armed against them.
    My point is, through education, not to own one in the first place. I don't think it is necessary in a city to own one, nobody in a city should.

My point is, through education, not to own one in the first place. I don't think it is necessary in a city to own one, nobody in a city should.
    What I wrote applies to city folks as well. You are not protected by police 24x7 and are living in your own illusion or delusion if you actually believe you are safe because your city has police protection.

Here is the question again, if one does not own a gun then what is your solution for this?

3. What do you do for 1. or 2. when the criminal is known by police but the police chose to look the other way since either the gun toting attacker is one of their own or a relative to the blue family? With 18,000 Federal, state, and local law enforcement agencies in the US it is estimated that there are close to a million officers. If you count people who work for the police, the judicial system, politicians and then add their families, friends, we are looking at millions. Within any percentage of the population there is always a percentage of deviants. The deviants within that group are armed and above the law. A dangerous combination that requires one to be properly armed against them.

You are insane.
    Cities are dangerous and guns are needed much more there than in the countryside.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

No, in the countryside they'd be needed, very isolated.

No, in the countryside they'd be needed, very isolated.
    People in the city are isolated and can be sneaked up on easily, they also have far more criminals around.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Criminals are a minority, unless all of our polluting our planet makes all one.

A city is safer than the country side, at least there are others. In the country side there no police for miles, so people are on their own. Even Barack's wife understood that, and she was correct, that owning a gun in the country side seem practical.

Banned

Blog Entries

A city is safer than the country side, at least there are others. In the country side there no police for miles, so people are on their own. Even Barack's wife understood that, and she was correct, that owning a gun in the country side seem practical.
    Would you rather have a gun on you walking down the street in Montana or walking down the street in Compton?

Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post
    Would you rather have a gun on you walking down the street in Montana or walking down the street in Compton?
    Perhaps if there weren't any, neither would be a problem. Good and bad everywhere. Seriously.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Perhaps if there weren't any, neither would be a problem. Good and bad everywhere. Seriously.
    You think guns are the only weapons available to criminals?
    You think they can be disinvented or kept out of the hands of everyone but government?
    You are delusional.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Banned

Blog Entries
    No guns in compton.

How do you propose to get rid of all the guns from Compton, from Chicago, from South Central, from Brooklyn and the Bronx.

With the rainbow candy gumball machine that magically makes a gangsta gun disappear every time you post an inspirational quote on Twitter?

Or were you just thinking just gas the inner cities, send in the armored-cybernetic-SWAT squads, and gather them up after removing the millions of corpses?

Criminals can each rob and kill many people, they don't have to be a majority.
    The city is far more dangerous and statistics back that up.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Like I stated, education is the key to having a society like the US have less guns. But then that means, those who manufacture lose money. That is also the problem, you see? Weapon manufacturing contributes to dishonest conflict, as well as maintaining peace.

Education is the only way to recommend, that a citizen doesn't want to own a gun. A suburb outside a city, or apartment blocks, homes in the city. There is no actual government way to do just collect the weapons, that would cost too much money, and causes legal issues with the state and Federal government, lawyers getting involved, protests.

Like I stated, education is the key to having a society like the US have less guns. But then that means, those who manufacture lose money. That is also the problem, you see? Weapon manufacturing contributes to dishonest conflict, as well as maintaining peace.

Education is the only way to recommend, that a citizen doesn't want to own a gun. A suburb outside a city, or apartment blocks, homes in the city. There is no actual government way to do just collect the weapons, that would cost too much money, and causes legal issues with the state and Federal government, lawyers getting involved, protests.
    Education will never do away with crime or tyrants, only a slave looking to please his masters would claim anything different.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Like you'd know, plant.

If the right thinks gun rights are necessary to facilitate a future armed, popular revolt, they're delusional.

People who can't be bothered to spend 30 seconds voting properly aren't going to be embarking on bloody revolution.

...mind you, the state shouldn't restrict gun ownership, but that's not the reason.

And if the left is trying to confiscate guns because they think the Hover-round right is about to revolt, they are equally delusional.

Lots of hopped-up, non-reality-based rhetoric floating round these days..

Like you'd know, plant.
    Better than you, slave.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    If the right thinks gun rights are necessary to facilitate a future armed, popular revolt, they're delusional.

People who can't be bothered to spend 30 seconds voting properly aren't going to be embarking on bloody revolution.

...mind you, the state shouldn't restrict gun ownership, but that's not the reason.

And if the left is trying to confiscate guns because they think the Hover-round right is about to revolt, they are equally delusional.

Lots of hopped-up, non-reality-based rhetoric floating round these days..
    It is paranoia. The problem is, may not the issue with confiscating or giving them back to government, it is the freedom of government which made it impractical for owning a weapon in the modern world. Drugs are used, okay making them legal is an option. But then there are other problems in life that may make somebody use one since they easily available.

Then there is the businesses that profit from arms. So much for christian USA, hypocrisy and anecdotal garbage about the US being so founded on faith rules. The founders weren't overtly religious people.

It is paranoia.
    If you aren't paranoid you are ignorant.

The problem is, may not the issue with confiscating or giving them back to government, it is the freedom of government which made it impractical for owning a weapon in the modern world.
    Whatever that even means is nonsense.
    Confiscation is conquest and they never belonged to the government.
    There is no such things as "freedom of government" and owning guns is absolutely practical and necessary.

Drugs are used, okay making them legal is an option. But then there are other problems in life that may make somebody use one since they easily available.
    Like being robbed or raped or murdered.

Then there is the businesses that profit from arms.
    Providing people with the means to defend themselves is a worthy calling that deserves its reward.

So much for christian USA, hypocrisy and anecdotal garbage about the US being so founded on faith rules. The founders weren't overtly religious people.
    Luke 22:36

“Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.”

King James Version (KJV)

Many of the founders were quite devout and the common patriot was as well.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

double post
    Last edited by Swordsmyth; 09-18-2019 at 10:18 PM.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

No you don't see it, the arms business, they make the money from all of you who own a weapon. That is the problem with getting rid of weapons in society. I wonder why they don't make money in London. Yeah, I can't own one myself.

And yes the government allowing the freedom to own, created this problem, that is what I am getting at, this is the irony. How do you get rid of all of them owned by the citizenry, and then the criminals, who how many will still have them? Only the police and military should have them, security for the government officials.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast