Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trump says U.S. ‘locked and loaded’ after attack on Saudi oil

Trump says U.S. ‘locked and loaded’ after attack on Saudi oil

Good thing his war mongering National Security Adviser was fired. So who, exactly, is the US "locked and loaded" to attack now? Yemen? Iran? Is Pompeo the true neo-con in his administration? Or is it Trump?

President Donald Trump on Sunday said the United States was “locked and loaded” following a drone attack on a major Saudi Arabian oil facility, which the Trump administration is blaming on Iran.

The attack has cut into global energy supplies by halving the kingdom’s oil production.

“Saudi Arabia oil supply was attacked,” Trump wrote on Twitter. “There is reason to believe that we know the culprit, are locked and loaded depending on verification, but are waiting to hear from the Kingdom as to who they believe was the cause of this attack, and under what terms we would proceed!”

The president’s tweet follows Secretary of State Mike Pompeo’s assertion Saturday that Iran was squarely to blame for the attack on key Saudi oil infrastructure, and comes amid heightened tensions between Iran and the U.S.

"Tehran is behind nearly 100 attacks on Saudi Arabia while Rouhani and Zarif pretend to engage in diplomacy,” Pompeo wrote on Twitter. “Amid all the calls for de-escalation, Iran has now launched an unprecedented attack on the world’s energy supply. There is no evidence the attacks came from Yemen.”

White House counselor Kellyanne Conway echoed those sentiments. "The Iranian regime is responsible for this attack on civilian areas and infrastructure vital to our global energy supply and we're not going to stand for that," she said on CNN’s “State of the Union.”

Iran has denied responsibility.

Also Sunday, Trump took to Twitter to announce that he authorized the use of oil from the U.S. strategic petroleum reserve to “keep the markets well-supplied,” if needed. Additionally, he continued to assure the stability of global oil markets by tweeting, “PLENTY OF OIL!”

State-owned oil giant Saudi Aramco describes its Abqaiq oil processing facility in Buqyaq as “the largest crude oil stabilization plant in the world,” according to the Associated Press. Prices on crude oil futures rose in trading Sunday night.

He also says he is no longer willing to meet with Iran- contradicting Pompeo just last week.

https://www.courthousenews.com/pompe...an-at-the-u-n/

Less than two hours after the firing of National Security Advisor John Bolton, known for his hawkish policies on Iran, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo Tuesday said President Donald Trump is willing to meet with Iranian President Hassan Rouhani later this month at the U.N. General Assembly.

French President Emmanuel Macron, seeking to salvage the 2015 Iran nuclear deal, hopes to arrange the meeting to discuss a $15 billion line of credit for Iran to persuade it to maintain the freeze on its nuclear development.

“The president had made very clear he is prepared to meet with no preconditions,” Pompeo said Tuesday.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 09-16-2019 at 10:26 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think he just likes saying locked and loaded.
    "It's probably the biggest hoax since Big Foot!" - Mitt Romney 1-16-2012 SC Debate

With Bolton gone, burden of showing bold leadership on Pompeo,MAGA, Ivanaka and Jared has increased to tackle this threat to our closest allies.

Related

Saudi oil production cut by 50% after drones attack crude facilities

GOP MAGA wing's top donor's Iran war wish getting close to becoming reality?
    Last attack on Oil tanker was blamed on Iran and Iran at the time had called it Israeli mischief. Early reporting can be foggy, incomplete and even accurat but based on MSM reporting so far, there is no proof that this is an Lavon affair type Israel false flag to push war against Iran:

Israel, Saudi Arabia To Preempt Dialogue Between Trump & Iran
    Aug 28, 2019
    The fears in Israel, which for now are only being expressed in completely off-the-record conversations, are that Trump, eager to make his mark on world affairs and prove he can achieve a better deal than his predecessor, will find himself in a room with negotiators much wilier and more knowledgeable on the issues than he is. Convinced that he is the grand master of the art of the deal, Trump could swiftly come to an agreement with the Iranians that may sound preferable to him, but in reality will be much worse.
    Israel's intelligence and defense community are said to be strongly lobbying against such a renewed Trump engagement with Tehran after the president told reporters there's “a really good chance” the meeting would happen.

#1 GOP Cash Bundler, Sheldon Adelson, Calls For US to Bomb Iran w/Nuclear Weapons

He is talking tough but he is deescalating things, notice that he said that verification was needed as opposed to Pompeo just assigning blame to Iran.

There will not be a war, just like there wasn't after the drone incident.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Locked and loaded here too .Keeping my eye out for saudis and persians , I dont trust any of them . They might try sneaking up the Ohio and invading .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Locked and loaded here too .Keeping my eye out for saudis and persians , I dont trust any of them . They might try sneaking up the Ohio and invading .
    You are a great American, all Americans should always be locked and loaded.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by tfurrh View Post
    He was "cocked and loaded" when he was going to attack Iran for shooting down that drone in the Persian Gulf. He likes to sound tough- but also doesn't follow up with action.

We were cocked & loaded to retaliate last night on 3 different sights

Today:

Last edited by Zippyjuan; 09-16-2019 at 10:38 AM.

Trump is not going to bomb Iran.
    People need to relax! Trump is not George W Bush!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    He is talking tough but he is deescalating things, notice that he said that verification was needed as opposed to Pompeo just assigning blame to Iran.

There will not be a war, just like there wasn't after the drone incident.
    Awaiting commands from the Saudis is talking tough?
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

Banned

Blog Entries
    https://twitter.com/TulsiGabbard/sta...34704302751744

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    He was "cocked and loaded" when he was going to attack Iran for shooting down that drone in the Persian Gulf. He likes to sound tough- but also doesn't follow up with action.
    Locked and loaded count is at 2 (I think), remember the North Korea tweet?

Cocked and loaded count is at 1.
    "It's probably the biggest hoax since Big Foot!" - Mitt Romney 1-16-2012 SC Debate

Locked and loaded count is at 2 (I think), remember the North Korea tweet?

Cocked and loaded count is at 1.

You are right. And now he exchanges love letters with North Korea. Trump is consistent in his inconsistency. I doubt Iran is worried about Trump's bluster. "All hat and no cattle" as Texans may say.

Last edited by Zippyjuan; 09-16-2019 at 12:34 PM.

Admittedly it is a pretty cool thing to say.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post

He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harrass our people, and eat out their substance.

Trump already backing down? "We don't need any Middle East Oil" (and makes sure to thank himself!)

What do you know? More deep state misinformation being repeated and amplified by this White House, just as it has been by every administration since LBJ.

Truth is, a refinery was hit, so Saudi Arabia may have trouble supplying its own gasoline. But Texas City, Texas contains about a thousand refineries; all they need is crude oil.

Prices rose after the drone attack by Yemen’s Houthi group on an oilfield in eastern Saudi Arabia on Saturday added to Middle East tensions. The attack caused a fire at a gas plant, but state-run Saudi Aramco said oil production was not affected.
    https://orientalnewsng.com/oil-price...cility-attack/

Seems Trump, though he grabs guns like a Democrat, lies like a Republican. These multiparty politicians are so versatile.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 09-16-2019 at 01:02 PM.
    We believe our lying eyes...

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Saudi Arabia saying it was Iranian weapons. Will Trump now strike since he is "locked and loaded" and awaiting confirmation?

but are waiting to hear from the Kingdom as to who they believe was the cause of this attack, and under what terms we would proceed!

Last edited by Zippyjuan; 09-16-2019 at 01:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post

Truth is, a refinery was hit, so Saudi Arabia may have trouble supplying its own gasoline. But Texas City, Texas contains about a thousand refineries; all they need is crude oil.
    The refinery hit was the biggest in the world, handling 5.7 million barrels a day- the same amount that all the refineries in Texas combined handle.

https://gulfnews.com/world/gulf/saud....1568522843716

The fires led to the interruption of an estimated 5.7 million barrels in crude supplies, according to the statement, which said part of that would be offset with stockpiles.
    https://businessintexas.com/industri...mical-products

5.7 million barrels a day to fuel America: As of January 2019, the 29 petroleum refineries in Texas had a capacity of more than 5.7 million barrels of crude oil per day and accounted for 31% of total U.S. refining capacity. –U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA). Texas accounted for about 24% of U.S. marketed natural gas production in 2017, making it the leading natural gas producer among the states. EIA In 2017, Texas crude oil production accounted for 37% of U.S. total production. EIA

Trump already backing down? "We don't need any Middle East Oil" (and makes sure to thank himself!)

Zippy is disappointed that Trump is not a warmonger.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Show us how tough you are, Zippy. Grab a gun and go fight the Iranians.

The refinery hit was the biggest in the world, handling 5.7 million barrels a day- the same amount that all the refineries in Texas combined handle.

https://gulfnews.com/world/gulf/saud....1568522843716

https://businessintexas.com/industri...mical-products
    Are you saying all U.S. refineries are in Texas? Are you saying supertankers ship highly volatile gasoline when they could be shipping relatively safe crude (complete with the building blocks of lubricants and plastics)? Are you saying when either Saudi Aramco or Trump is lying, we should assume Aramco is the dishonest one?

What are you trying to say, Zippy?

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    Show us how tough you are, Zippy. Grab a gun and go fight the Iranians.
    I am not the one claiming we should. That is Trump. He is "locked and loaded".

Are you saying when either Saudi Aramco or Trump is lying, we should assume Aramco is the dishonest one?
    Zippy and his warmongering aside, Aramco is the one you should assume is dishonest, I lurk on an oil industry forum and people who know the facility that was hit say this is a disaster for the Saudis that will really hurt their oil income.
    Much of their oil has nasty chemicals in it that must be removed before people will buy it and that is one thing the damaged plant did.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Are you saying all U.S. refineries are in Texas? Are you saying supertankers ship highly volatile gasoline when they could be shipping relatively safe crude (complete with the building blocks of lubricants and plastics)? Are you saying when either Saudi Aramco or Trump is lying, we should assume Aramco is the dishonest one?

What are you trying to say, Zippy?
    You indicated that Texas (actually just one city in Texas- Texas City- with "thousands" of refineries") could replace the refinery hit in Saudi Arabia. They (the entire state) would have to double their capacity to be able to do so.

But Texas City, Texas contains about a thousand refineries; all they need is crude oil.
    There aren't "a thousand" refineries there. There are 29 in the entire state. The "one" refinery at Texas City handles 260,000 barrels a day. https://www.valero.com/en-us/AboutVa...ent/texas-city

Obviously you are either badly informed or just being silly.

supertankers ship highly volatile gasoline when they could be shipping relatively safe crude (complete with the building blocks of lubricants and plastics)?
    The US is the world's largest exporter of refined oil products such as those and yes, they get shipped via tankers.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 09-16-2019 at 02:05 PM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You sound disappointed.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Every time Trump does something that affects the Neos global power, a terrorist attack happens.

He got rid of Bolton, and now "Iran" did something?

Same thing happened when he started pulling out of Afghanistan.

2. Problem

3. Reaction

1. Solution
    FJB

Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post

So very difficult to know what's up and down today. She's no Peace Dove but I'm not sure Donald is anymore Saudi's bitch than any other POTUS was.

I sure would like to see a POTUS that speaks the truth about the Saudi thugs though
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Here are a dozen things everyone should know about the past weekend’s strikes on a major Saudi oil refinery, and the likely fallout from them:

• The Houthis, a rebel army fighting against Saudi-led interests in Yemen, claimed credit for launching the attacks on Saturday. However, the U.S. government now says it believes the assault was launched from Iran, and that it may have involved cruise missiles rather than drones.
    • The strikes centered on Saudi Arabia’s Abqaiq refinery. Abqaiq is the world’s largest oil refinery, processing about two-thirds of the total Saudi supply each day. Saudi Arabia is the world’s second-largest producer of crude oil behind the United States.
    • Several large Saudi oil fields were also attacked. Those attacks, along with the disruption of the Abqaiq refinery required the Saudi government to shut-in about half of its current production, or about 5.7 million barrels of oil per day.
    • According to the U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA), that amounts to the single biggest sudden disruption on record, more than the loss of Kuwaiti and Iraqi supply during the Gulf War in August 1990, and the 1979 decrease in Iranian output following the Islamic Revolution.
    • Crude prices spiked 10% in early Monday trading, and could rise further if the supply disruption lingers beyond a few days.
    • Saudi Arabia reportedly has enough crude reserves in storage to make up for the loss of production in the short term, according to Vima Jayabalan, an energy research director with Wood Mackenzie. "Saudi Arabia has enough reserves to cover the shortfall over the next week but, if the outage extends, then filling the gap with the right type of crude quality could be a challenge."
    • That question of crude quality is key, since the Kingdom is a large supplier to a variety of countries, all of which have their own preference for the quality and gravity of oil they import. Saudi Arabia currently supplies roughly 6% of U.S. crude imports, per the EIA, but supplies even larger volumes to China, Japan, India and South Korea. Matching up the crude quality and quantity to each customer is a complex endeavor.
    • Saudi pre-staging of crude in storage in key points around the world may also reduce actual impacts to crude supplies. As Jesse Mercer, Senior Direct of Crude Analytics for Enverus notes, “Saudi Aramco’s pre-staging of these barrels in Egypt, Rotterdam, and Okinawa will mean the timing of deliveries may not be immediately affected either. Due to this inventory cushion, Saudi Aramco customers are not likely to see their volumes impacted if the disruption is short-lived.”
    • But a longer-term outage is a different story. Mercer further notes, “But if the damages at Abqaiq and Hijra Khurais prove to be especially severe, then the world oil market is going to need another supply buffer to fall back on until repairs can be completed.”
    • Don’t expect that international supply buffer to come from the United States. Although President Donald Trump tweeted on Saturday that he has “...authorized the release of oil from the Strategic Petroleum Reserve, if needed, in a to-be-determined amount sufficient to keep the markets well-supplied,” releasing major volumes of oil from the SPR is not a matter of simply turning on a spigot. Doing that is a highly-complex process requiring all manner of infrastructure and logistical considerations. Plus, you would again run into the issues of trying to match up crude qualities and quantities to specific customers.

More at: https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidbl.../#6b9711bd49d8

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Zippy and his warmongering aside, Aramco is the one you should assume is dishonest, I lurk on an oil industry forum and people who know the facility that was hit say this is a disaster for the Saudis that will really hurt their oil income.
    Much of their oil has nasty chemicals in it that must be removed before people will buy it and that is one thing the damaged plant did.
    And Swordshyll sez (and quotes Forbesnewz to back it up) believe Trump and assume foreigners are lying, even though Trump lies pathologically and the foreigners have sound business reasons to be honest with their customers. Surprise surprise.

You indicated that Texas (actually just one city in Texas- Texas City- with "thousands" of refineries") could replace the refinery hit in Saudi Arabia. They (the entire state) would have to double their capacity to be able to do so.

There aren't "a thousand" refineries there. There are 29 in the entire state. The "one" refinery at Texas City handles 260,000 barrels a day. https://www.valero.com/en-us/AboutVa...ent/texas-city

Obviously you are either badly informed or just being silly.

The US is the world's largest exporter of refined oil products such as those and yes, they get shipped via tankers.
    Texas City has refineries owned by BP and Valero, as well as Marathon. I think what you're saying is, Texas City IS one big refinery. There are another hundred or so refineries in states not named Texas. Refined oil products are exported from the U.S. in pipelines, and in little plastic bottles packed in cardboard cartons. If you want me to believe supertankers float around U.S. ports full of volatile gasoline and its vapors, you're going to have to work a little harder at convincing me.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 09-16-2019 at 02:38 PM.

Russia trying to woo the Saudis- but given their alliance with Iran, Saudi Arabia's opponent in the region, not likely they would accept an offer from Russia:

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/...102800973.html

Putin proposes Russian missile defence for Saudi Arabia

Russia is ready to help Saudi Arabia following attacks on the Saudi oil industry if needed, Russian President Vladimir Putin said after talks with leaders of Turkey and Iran in Ankara, and proposed Russian weapons for purchase.

"We are ready to provide respective assistance to Saudi Arabia, and it would be enough for the political leadership of Saudi Arabia to make a wise government decision - as the leaders of Iran did in their time by purchasing S-300 and as (Turkish) President (Tayyip) Erdogan did by purchasing the latest S-400 'Triumph' air defence systems from Russia," Putin said.

These Russian weapons would protect any infrastructure facilities of Saudi Arabia, he added.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast