Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump to announce gun control this week

Quote Originally Posted by PursuePeace View Post
    So what do you propose?

Oh, I don't know. A FIRST step toward rehabilitation for Trump apologists might be to stop making excuses for his gun grabbing.

Just a thought.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    More of that 3D chess , where Trump dismantles the 2nd amendment so
    the liberals won't get credit for it.

And the 4th.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    More of that 3D chess , where Trump dismantles the 2nd amendment so
    the liberals won't get credit for it.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Stratovarious again.

I just lost part of my lunch. You need to put some kind of a warning next time.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    Oh, I don't know. A FIRST step toward rehabilitation for Trump apologists might be to stop making excuses for his gun grabbing.

Just a thought.
    I'm not a Trump apologist.
    I just don't have much of an opinion on something that hasn't happened yet.
    Not sure what you would have people do, at this point.
    Maybe you should stop assuming everyone is a "Trumpkin" or a "Trump apologist" or a "TrumpLover" or whatever idiotic names people put out there. It's just stupid and not productive at all. It just causes more division.

Sounds like his $#@! daughter is talking him into things again. If he told the truth in 2015 about his son-in-laws role and that she would be an advisor, he would have never won. He made a promise in 2015 they would not play a role and that deal breaker continually comes back to haunt his supporters.

White House considering phone app for background checks as part of gun control proposals
    https://fox8.com/2019/09/15/white-ho...rol-proposals/
    , Michael Williams, a deputy to the President who used to work for the NRA, has killed or delayed any progress on such a bill, despite support from Barr and the President's daughter and White House adviser Ivanka Trump.

"This proposal reveals one important fact from the White House: they recognize the problem of the private sale loophole that allows 20 percent of guns to be sold with no background check at all. ... We agree the private sale loophole must be fixed, but it should be fixed in a way that allows meaningful enforcement, not easy circumvention that endangers lives," said Kris Brown, president of Brady, a gun violence prevention advocacy group. "The right balance was struck by the House, which passed a background checks bill where sales by private sellers are completed by a federally licensed firearms dealer to confirm the person purchasing the gun is the same person who is picking up the gun and other assessments of risk before completion of the sale are done. If we want to save lives and meaningfully fix the private sale loophole, S. 42, now 200 days and counting on Mitch McConnell's desk is the way to do it."

Gun rights and privacy advocates have already voiced concerns about an app like the one proposed, saying it could become a de-facto registry and worry about how secure the information would be.

Here are some of the options being proposed in discussions, in addition to measures Trump and his aides have floated publicly:

Allowing minors' records to be included in background check databases
    Alerting local authorities when someone fails a background check
    Applying bigger penalties for straw purchases when someone buys a gun for someone else
    Instituting a ban on gun purchases for people on terror watch lists
    Increasing the penalty for people who lie on background check forms
    Helping states implement "red flag" laws, which would remove weapons from people deemed at risk
    Adding additional government records to an existing background check database
    Improving mental health services
    Expediting the death penalty for convicted mass shooters

Maybe you should stop assuming everyone is a "Trumpkin" or a "Trump apologist" or a "TrumpLover" or whatever idiotic names people put out there. It's just stupid and not productive at all. It just causes more division.
    Yes, let's wait until after the bill passes to get upset. Seems logical
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Guys, can we PLEASE wait til @Swordsmyth comments in this thread before we know what we should think?

Kthxbai

Quote Originally Posted by A Son of Liberty View Post
    Guys, can we PLEASE wait til @Swordsmyth comments in this thread before we know what we should think?

Kthxbai

ROTFL!!!

"You must spread some Reputation around..."
    Chris

Banned

Blog Entries
    A ha! They are whipped up into a frenzy.

Finally, they can smell that hater win.... ....d.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post
    A ha! They are whipped up into a frenzy.

Finally, they can smell that hater win.... ....d.

What the $#@! are you on about?

Maybe you should sit this one out and let the rational adults handle it.
    Chris

Banned

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    It is actually pretty funny how you guys are freaking out over a proposal that has yet to be announced.
    Oh, you must be new.

A few weeks ago there was a raft of "trump Considering" headlines, and they were running around like it was the end of the world.

Banned

Blog Entries
    What the $#@! are you on about?

Maybe you should sit this one out and let the rational adults handle it.
    SOMETHING IS GONNA HAPPEN GUYZ AND ITZ GONNA BE BAD!

TOLD YOU!

HA HA HA!

And the 4th.
    I know, that was hovering all around up there when I posted, but you know how I tend to go off
    on tangents , on and on and on........

SOMETHING IS GONNA HAPPEN GUYZ AND ITZ GONNA BE BAD!

TOLD YOU!

HA HA HA!

Oh, I see. Off your meds again, eh? Carry on.
    Chris

Banned

Blog Entries
    Oh, I see. Off your meds again, eh? Carry on.
    I think I am quite clear about my hatred for meds, and for the weak, victim-minds who claim to need them to survive.
    Zombies.

How's your mother?

I think I am quite clear about my hatred for meds, and for the weak, victim-minds who claim to need them to survive.
    Zombies.

How's your mother?

Actually, my mother died a year ago last march. There's a thread on here all about it. You must have missed that one.
    Chris

Banned

Blog Entries
    Actually, my mother died a year ago last march. There's a thread on here all about it. You must have missed that one.
    I missed it.
    I only read US Political News and World News.
    Still, I don't actually care.

Hey, did you think it is ok for you to call me crazy, but for me not to insult you?

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I missed it.
    I only read US Political News and World News.
    Still, I don't actually care.

Hey, did you think it is ok for you to call me crazy, but for me not to insult you?

Ah, displaying precisely the level of class and good manners I've come to expect from you. Thank you for not disappointing.

As far as insults go, your initial offering in this thread, portraying those of us who are concerned over current trends towards victim disarmament as Chicken Littles and flat out calling us "hater[s]" couldn't possibly have been meant as an insult now, could it? What goes around comes around Scooter.
    Chris

Banned

Blog Entries
    Ah, displaying precisely the level of class and good manners I've come to expect from you. Thank you for not disappointing.

As far as insults go, your initial offering in this thread, portraying those of us who are concerned over current trends towards victim disarmament and flat out calling us "hater[s]" couldn't possibly have been meant as an insult now, could it. What goes around comes around scooter.
    So, is it you that is still on your meds, like a good boy?

BTW, I don't owe you anything, including a condolences.
    I don't know you, I don't care about you. You're just some dude on the internet flapping his jaw.

I don't know you, I don't care about you. You're just some dude on the internet flapping his jaw.

Classy to the end. You're a credit to humanity.
    Chris

Banned

Blog Entries
    Classy to the end. You're a credit to humanity.
    It's good your meds are keeping you so stable.
    Imagine the loser little troll you would be off them.

That's a fair and reasonable response.

I think it is important to get out in front of this "trial balloon" and make it loudly clear that even to consider victim disarmament is failure.

This is frustrating of course...there are supposedly 100 million of "us", meaning gun/liberty folks of all stripes.

How is it that the Bolsheviks can put a million screaming communists and Jacobins in the streets overnight, and we can't get one tenth of that to show up and raise hell?
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Banned

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

I think it is important to get out in front of this "trial balloon" and make it loudly clear that even to consider victim disarmament is failure.

This is frustrating of course...there are supposedly 100 million of "us", meaning gun/liberty folks or all stripes.

How is that the Bolsheviks can put a million screaming communists in the streets overnight, and we can't get one tenth of that to show up and raise hell?
    Because they are professional victims and bureaucrats. Government is their very livelihood and luxury.

I don't know you, I don't care about you...
    I'm just some dude on the internet flapping his jaw

This is frustrating of course...there are supposedly 100 million of "us", meaning gun/liberty folks of all stripes.

How is it that the Bolsheviks can put a million screaming communists and Jacobins in the streets overnight, and we can't get one tenth of that to show up and raise hell?
    To the bold: That is extremely important. Be vocal. You're right.

As to the rest of your post, couldn't possibly agree more.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Chris T. is a class act and long term member that I have personally conversed with numerous times.

You got a political issue, state it.

Otherwise pipe down.

Because they are professional victims and bureaucrats. Government is their very livelihood and luxury.
    Well, sure, that's part of it, but even as massive as government is now, it ain't a 100 million strong.

I suppose we've crossed the Rubicon though, since now over half of all households are on some form of direct government handouts.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Chris T. is a class act and long term member that I have personally conversed with numerous times.

You got a political issue, state it.

Otherwise pipe down.
    I don't know his political issues.
    Fact of the matter is I glaze over every post I have ever read of his.
    There is nothing memorable about him.

I know he hates Trump, and I see him in "trump considering" threads prematurely ejaculating the champagne of victory all over the places, in an orgasm of I told you so's about things that generally do not happen, or are not really a big deal.

I don't know his political issues.
    Fact of the matter is I glaze over every post I have ever read of his.
    There is nothing memorable about him.

I know he hates Trump, and I see him in "trump considering" threads prematurely ejaculating the champagne of victory all over the places, in an orgasm of I told you so's about things that generally do not happen, or are not really a big deal.
    A lot people do.

A lot of people support him without question.

He's a galvanizing figure no doubt.

I have a foot in each camp...on this issue, his record and his public statements are pretty bad.

That bumpstock ban is a $#@!ing zombie that is going to start biting heads off here shortly...wait and see.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast