Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump to announce gun control this week

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    And on, and on it goes. ANY victim disarmament (gun control) of ANY kind is totally unacceptable. The Gun Grabber in Chief pisses all over us again.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

No one could have seen this coming...

Hillary would have been worse...

etc

I bet its red flags or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post

etc

Ketchup.

Don't forget "He's the least of all possible goods," and "it won't actually pass and if it does the courts will strike it down."

Anything to excuse the Victim Disarmer in Chief and provide cover for him.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    I bet its red flags or something like that.
    Universal background checks and red flag provisions.

Some have seen this coming for a long time now.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    Universal background checks and red flag provisions.

Some have seen this coming for a long time now.

Just the latest round of winning.

ETA: Funny, winning in this case feels an aweful lot like getting ass raped.
    Last edited by CCTelander; 09-15-2019 at 01:51 PM.
    Chris

etc
    No, she wouldn't have.

Obama couldn't do anything on gun control because the right hated his guts like they hated her guts. The right likes Trump so they tend not to fight him as much. Psychology 101.... it's always your friends who hurt you more.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    ? Article title is inaccurate. "Gun control legislation.."

The Trump administration is expected to announce its proposal to curb gun violence as soon as next week.
    Nothing about any sort of gun control legislation.
    YET.

I'll wait to see what happens before casting judgement.
    It may be bad. It may not be bad. Guess we'll find out.

etc
    The deep state made him do it
    He will be much better in his second term when he is no longer facing the threat of impeachment

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    No, she wouldn't have.

Obama couldn't do anything on gun control because the right hated his guts like they hated her guts. The right likes Trump so they tend not to fight him as much. Psychology 101.... it's always your friends who hurt you more.
    Yup, this...for the small gains that have been made I'd just as soon be on the obstruction defense.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

It is actually pretty funny how you guys are freaking out over a proposal that has yet to be announced.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Yup, this...for the small gains that have been made I'd just as soon be on the obstruction defense.
    Well, you'll get it depending. Any meaningful gun control measure will cost him enough of his base to insure Dems win depending on who they float.

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    It is actually pretty funny how you guys are freaking out over a proposal that has yet to be announced.
    Well, any proposal apart of 'hands off' is going to be bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    No, she wouldn't have.

That's a good point, same for spending and deficits.

I remember when Matt Collins posted about the bumpstock ban.

Many saw it coming and rumors were floated.

Trump indicated it was coming too.

And your lot said it was just empty statements to appease gun grabbers.

And some of you said it is a stupid accessory anyways.

And one of you posted link after link to show you could still buy them.

And then you couldn’t.

And now having one (which millions of people do) can get you charged with possession of a machine gun.

Quit being a bootlicker.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    As if Trump hasn’t spoken at length about universal background checks and red flag laws.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Well, you'll get it depending. Any meaningful gun control measure will cost him enough of his base to insure Dems win depending on who they float.
    That much is sure true.

The Orange One is on thin ice with gunners as it is, what with executive parts bans.

Let him sign on to major legislative gun control and he's toast.

Say hello to president Sanders.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    I remember when Matt Collins posted about the bumpstock ban.

Many saw it coming and rumors were floated.

Trump indicated it was coming too.

And your lot said it was just empty statements to appease gun grabbers.

And some of you said it is a stupid accessory anyways.

And one of you posted link after link to show you could still buy them.

And then you couldn’t.

And now having one (which millions of people do) can get you charged with possession of a machine gun.

Quit being a bootlicker.
    I would have won my bet with @dannno had I just stretched the timeline out another month.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    Well, any proposal apart of 'hands off' is going to be bad.

Shall not
    be infringed...

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I would have won my bet with @dannno had I just stretched the timeline out another month.
    And I am sure you remember smart ass comment after smart ass comment because they were so in tune with their MAGA leader, or Q told them, or they mainlined DMT and Kermit the Toad showed them the way of 4D chess.

And then silence. Except maybe those completely missing the $#@!ing point and arrogantly saying it was just a stupid accessory anyways.

I wish I could foresee a president O'Rourke...but I can't.

But it would be nice.

We'd finally see where these fans really stand...let's light this candle for $#@!'s sake.

It may have to do with administrative policies at Stoneman Douglas that are explained in this article.

http://www.texarkanagazette.com/news...nswers/795150/
    Last edited by revgen; 09-15-2019 at 05:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    Anything to excuse the Victim Disarmer in Chief and provide cover for him.

It is actually not at all funny how you guys are not "freaking out" over it.

(If enough people had started "freaking out" sooner, maybe we wouldn't be in this position ...)

Whatever this upcoming proposal is announced to be, you can bet your ass that it isn't any kind of roll-back or negation of already existing gun-rights restrictions. At best, it will be some wishy-washy wiffle that will please no one and which will only serve to encourage gun-grabbers and increase momentum for yet more gun-rights restrictions. And that's the absolute best we can reasonably hope for - and that's quite bad enough (so there's really no need to even get into how much worse it could turn out to be). So why shouldn't anyone who gives a damn about gun rights be "freaking out" over it (especially given Trump's previous gun-grabby shenanigans)?

But whatever it turns out to be, I won't be the least bit surprised if the Trump apologists try to excuse, downplay and/or dismiss it out of hand, just as you are preemptively doing here. "Pretty funny," my ass ...
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 09-15-2019 at 04:31 PM.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by PursuePeace View Post
    ? Article title is inaccurate. "Gun control legislation.."

Nothing about any sort of gun control legislation.
    YET.

I'll wait to see what happens before casting judgement.
    It may be bad. It may not be bad. Guess we'll find out.

Oh bull$#@!. The time for "wait and see" is long, LONG past.Trump has already made his intentions quite clear through his previous actions and there's no credible reason to believe anything has changed in that regard.

He's banned an entire class of firearms accessories via executive fiat. This banned not only bump stocks but the HellFire device along with several similar devices. Now, thanks to Trump, a gun owner who bought a HellFire 15 or 20 years ago and tried it temporarily but decided he didn't like it so he took it off his rifle and tossed it in a box to be promptly forgotten about could now be facing TEN YEARS in prison as the owner of an unregistered machine gun. This is no small thing. ATF has a LONG, sordid history or sending innocent people just like that to federal prison on just such charges.

And don't think your rubber band work-around is safe either. "...ATF once issued a letter ruling saying a 14-inch shoestring was a machine gun because it could be used to convert a semi-automatic rifle into an automatic weapon. The letter was later rescinded." https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/wh...a-machine-gun/

Trump has also explicitly expressed his support for red flag laws, universal background checks, raising the age to buy rifles to 21 and other victim disarmament proposals.

No, there's no rational reason to give Trump the benefit of the doubt on Victim disarmament.

Plus, if this $#@! is to be stopped, the earlier one can marshal one's forces to do so, the better one's chances are. The process should have been started when the bump stock situation was first being talked about if not before, but Trump apologists and ass kissers managed to blunt the edge of the opposition then. And now they're trying to do so again, it seems. $#@! that.
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post

It is actually not at all funny how you guys are not freaking out over it.

Whatever this upcoming proposal is announced to be, you can bet your ass that it isn't any kind of roll-back or negation of already existing gun-rights restrictions. At best, it will be some wishy-washy wiffle that will please no one and which will only serve to encourage gun-grabbers and increase momentum for yet more gun-rights restrictions. And that's the absolute best we can reasonably hope for - and that's quite bad enough (so there's really no need to even get into how much worse it could be). So why shouldn't anyone who gives a damn about gun rights be freaking out over it (especially given Trump's previous gun-grabby shenanigans)?

Whatever it turns out to be, I won't be the least bit surprised if the Trump apologists try to excuse, downplay and/or dismiss it out of hand, just as you are preemptively doing here. "Pretty funny," my ass ...

I'M not laughing.
    Chris

Its almost as if hes is trying to lose his base. The man has been a supporter gun control for decades. Even wrote a book about wanting to ban assault weapons. Nobody should be surprised by this.
    Last edited by Anti Globalist; 09-15-2019 at 05:08 PM.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    Oh bull$#@!. The time for "wait and see" is long, LONG past.Trump has already made his intentions quite clear through his previous actions and there's no credible reason to believe anything has changed in that regard.

He's banned an entire class of firearms accessories via executive fiat. This banned not only bump stocks but the HellFire device along with several similar devices. Now, thanks to Trump, a gun owner who bought a HellFire 15 or 20 years ago and tried it temporarily but decided he didn't like it so he took it off his rifle and tossed it in a box to be promptly forgotten about could now be facing TEN YEARS in prison as the owner of an unregistered machine gun. This is no small thing. ATF has a LONG, sordid history or sending innocent people just like that to federal prison on just such charges.

And don't think your rubber band work-around is safe either. "...ATF once issued a letter ruling saying a 14-inch shoestring was a machine gun because it could be used to convert a semi-automatic rifle into an automatic weapon. The letter was later rescinded." https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/wh...a-machine-gun/

Trump has also explicitly expressed his support for red flag laws, universal background checks, raising the age to buy rifles to 21 and other victim disarmament proposals.

No, there's no rational reason to give Trump the benefit of the doubt on Victim disarmament.

Plus, if this $#@! is to be stopped, the earlier one can marshal one's forces to do so, the better one's chances are. The process should have been started when the bump stock situation was first being talked about if not before, but Trump apologists and ass kissers managed to blunt the edge of the opposition then. And now they're trying to do so again, it seems. $#@! that.
    So what do you propose?

MAGA has been losing Right vote also (and not just Far Right), his shifts towards liberal progressive globalist agenda should help win big government/deficit spending supporting Dem/lib vote to compensate for loss of conservative vote. His top donor Sheldon Adelson, a widely respected globalist liberal democrat neocoservative, cared more about use of US guns against Iran/Syria etc to defend our closest ally in mideast; 2nd amendment protection was never on his agenda.

Related

'Gun-grabber-in-chief': Conservatives turn on Trump as threat to confiscate guns prompts Second Amendment-related outrage
    'He's a fraud and has betrayed us twice now'

More of that 3D chess , where Trump dismantles the 2nd amendment so
    the liberals won't get credit for it.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast