Thread: Trump claims Bolton was 'holding me back!'

Trump claims Bolton was 'holding me back!'

Trump claims Bolton was 'holding me back!'

By QUINT FORGEY 09/12/2019 02:09 PM EDT Updated 09/12/2019 02:30 PM EDT

President Donald Trump on Thursday again claimed former national security adviser John Bolton, well-known for his hawkish impulses and inclination toward military intervention, was “holding me back” on certain matters of foreign policy.

“In fact, my views on Venezuela, and especially Cuba, were far stronger than those of John Bolton,” Trump tweeted. “He was holding me back!”

---snip----

Trump, who announced Bolton’s resignation on Tuesday, asserted to reporters in the Oval Office on Wednesday that he regularly backed a more hard-line brand of foreign policy than his ex-aide.

“Frankly, he wanted to do things not necessarily tougher than me,” Trump said, later adding that Bolton “wasn't in line with what we were doing, and actually, in some cases, he thought it was too tough what we were doing.”

But Trump also denounced Bolton’s advocacy for the 2003 invasion of Iraq from within President George W. Bush's administration, mocking him as “Mr. Tough Guy” and remarking: “He's so tough, he got us into Iraq.”
    https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...witter-1492641

Turns out the ghoul in the white house fired him because he was not hawkish enough. I hope Rand Paul sees this before saying how Trump needs to hire more people who are in line with his non interventionist foreign policy. He is not or have ever been non interventionist. His true policy is in line with Bolton and Netanyahu.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    LOL

Bolton had no power to hold him back and Trump was the one who refused to strike Iran over the drone.

Some people never learn. (Or just don't want to)

Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Trump going to start "hitting the Taliban harder"? Does that mean more troops to Afghanistan? Or just political election bluster?

Oops, I didn't think it was already posted. Mods please merge the threads

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    LOL

Bolton had no power to hold him back and Trump was the one who refused to strike Iran over the drone.

Some people never learn. (Or just don't want to)

Are you calling Trump a liar? he said Bolton was holding him back and I think I believe it

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Are you calling Trump a liar? he said Bolton was holding him back and I think I believe it
    No, you just want to believe it.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    If Trump admits that Bolton was too aggressive, it would be to admit that he was "weaker" by comparison- and he can't have that. So he puts up his fake bluster (as usual).

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    If Trump admits that Bolton was too aggressive, it would be to admit that he was "weaker" by comparison- and he can't have that. So he puts up his fake bluster (as usual).
    That must be why Trump talked about Bolton being too aggressive and having to hold him back.

I don't know what Trump is doing here (other than distracting morons) and neither do you.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Bolton was holding him back, today we have drones blow up Saudi oil fields and Iran is to blame. Coincidence?

Now where did I put that tin foil hat...
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

Quote Originally Posted by kpitcher View Post
    Bolton was holding him back, today we have drones blow up Saudi oil fields and Iran is to blame. Coincidence?

They are trying to force his hand because he fired Bolton but it won't work.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

They are trying to force his hand because he fired Bolton but it won't work.
    The question is whose drones were they? It wouldn't be the first time we've blown things up ourselves and blamed others in order to start a war. A president fighting a war is almost guaranteed a 2nd term.
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

The question is whose drones were they? It wouldn't be the first time we've blown things up ourselves and blamed others in order to start a war. A president fighting a war is almost guaranteed a 2nd term.
    Trump will lose if he starts a war and he knows that.

If they were American drones then it is the deepstate's work, they could also be Israeli drones or Saudi drones.
    The Houthis have claimed that they were their drones.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    MAGA is right, Bolton is not holding him back anymore.

Trump says U.S. ‘locked and loaded’ after attack on Saudi oil
    Trump is holding Pompeo back.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Trump is holding Pompeo back.
    And Pompeo is holding back Jared, Syria bombing convincer Ivanka and Netanyahu.. who in turn are hoding back MAGA top donor Hon. Sheldon Adelson.

It's amazing team work to put America first and drain globalist neocons' swamp. System could collapse if everyone let go of everyone else at the same time.

So who will be holding Trump back?

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings...ss-conference/

Do you have preconditions for that meeting?

PRESIDENT TRUMP: No preconditions. No. If they want to meet, I’ll meet. Anytime they want. Anytime they want. It’s good for the country, good for them, good for us, and good for the world. No preconditions. If they want to meet, I’ll meet.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 09-16-2019 at 12:15 PM.

Bolton doesn't have the mental fortitude to control Trump.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

LOL- and it wasn't Bolton who pulled out of the Iran deal- Trump campaigned on that.
    There is no spoon.

And in Trump's next 43D chess move, he appointed Bolton's bff Kupperman to Bolton's old job. Really cleanin' house this time...
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book