Thread: Man Brings "Emotional Support Clown" To Meeting Where He Was Laid Off

Man Brings "Emotional Support Clown" To Meeting Where He Was Laid Off

In one of the strangest stories we've seen recently, a New Zealand advertising executive hired a "support clown" to accompany him to a meeting where he was laid off by their company, the Auckland-based advertising firm FCB.
    An image sent to the New Zealand Herald showed the clown sitting in on the meeting, where he reportedly made balloon animals and engaged in other clown-like hijinx while the HR staff went through the details of the employee's severance package.

When the redundancy paperwork was handed over to the staffer, the clown reportedly mimed crying.

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/personal-f...re-he-was-laid
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    ''There were four million people in the American Colonies and we had Jefferson and Franklin. Now we have over 300 million and the two top guys are Trump and Biden. What can you draw from this? Darwin was wrong.'' ~ Mort Sahl

“Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

“Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Joe the Clown gives his side of the redundancy meeting support role that's reached world headlines

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12267738

15 Sep, 2019

Joseph Broshahan, left, and Josh Thompson following his redundancy meeting where Thompson decided to have " a clown" as his support person.

The clown hired as a support person for a Kiwi adman's redundancy meeting says the job was good value compared to kids parties, and he was careful not to be "offensive" while making balloon animals for the bosses.

The Herald on Sunday can reveal the clown at the centre of the meeting which has made headlines around the world was Auckland actor and freelance videographer Joseph Brosnahan.

The 26-year-old works as a clown for hire through various children's party businesses on the weekend.

Brosnahan said he was approached by one employer, Amazing Kids Parties, for a "very unusual request" last month.

"They said 'Feel free to say no to this because it's pretty out there but there's this guy who's apparently got word that he's going to be fired and he's allowed to bring a support person with him," Brosnahan said.

"And as a joke he'd like to bring in a clown. Would you be up for doing that?' And I just thought that sounded so hilarious I couldn't resist."

Are we sure it's not the clown who brought his emotional support hipster?
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

I've heard of support animals, but not support clowns.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

I started of thinking this guy would be a loser, but if he really did do it as a joke, that's pretty hilarious.
    "It's probably the biggest hoax since Big Foot!" - Mitt Romney 1-16-2012 SC Debate

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by tfurrh View Post
    I started of thinking this guy would be a loser, but if he really did do it as a joke, that's pretty hilarious.
    I thought the same thing..

This is what I thought of when I read the story

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    In one of the strangest stories we've seen recently, a New Zealand advertising executive hired a "support clown" to accompany him to a meeting where he was laid off by their company, the Auckland-based advertising firm FCB.
    An image sent to the New Zealand Herald showed the clown sitting in on the meeting, where he reportedly made balloon animals and engaged in other clown-like hijinx while the HR staff went through the details of the employee's severance package.

When the redundancy paperwork was handed over to the staffer, the clown reportedly mimed crying.

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/personal-f...re-he-was-laid
    This post is redundant.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Joe the Clown gives his side of the redundancy meeting support role that's reached world headlines
    Quote Originally Posted by tfurrh View Post
    Could be pretty smart, too. A recently-unemployed ad exec who manages to "reach world headlines" might not be out of a job very long ...
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·