Thread: Magnesium: Mineral Content of Vegetables Has Declined 80–90% Last 100 Years

Magnesium: Mineral Content of Vegetables Has Declined 80–90% Last 100 Years

This is from 2018.
    Via: Nutrients:
    Magnesium is a critical mineral in the human body and is involved in ~80% of known metabolic functions. It is currently estimated that 60% of adults do not achieve the average dietary intake (ADI) and 45% of Americans are magnesium deficient, a condition associated with disease states like hypertension, diabetes, and neurological disorders, to name a few. Magnesium deficiency can be attributed to common dietary practices, medications, and farming techniques, along with estimates that the mineral content of vegetables has declined by as much as 80–90% in the last 100 years. However, despite this mineral’s importance, it is poorly understood from several standpoints, not the least of which is its unique mechanism of absorption and sensitive compartmental handling in the body, making the determination of magnesium status difficult. The reliance on several popular sample assays has contributed to a great deal of confusion in the literature. This review will discuss causes of magnesium deficiency, absorption, handling, and compartmentalization in the body, highlighting the challenges this creates in determining magnesium status in both clinical and research settings.

https://www.cryptogon.com/?p=55888
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yes, and one of the reasons why supplementing with a good grade of magnesium is important. Our foods have been on a steady decline for years from commercial farming practices that have depleted the nutrients.

Magnesium 101: The Ultimate Guide
    https://drcarolyndean.com/2015/02/ma...ltimate-guide/
    My website: https://www.theherbsofthefield.com/

"No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.” ~ Charles Dickens

Watch what happens if we allow Crop Based Ethanol to flourish and expand, it
    won't be pretty, but it sure will aid Agenda 2030.

Too bad we can't irradiate our foods. Imagine the savings in energy (refrigeration) and waste reduction. Thought I would toss this in here.

This is why I buy Magnesium Ascorbate tablets and take them every day.