Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: LGBT Activists Hate Christianity — and Want to Destroy It

Quote Originally Posted by Republicanguy View Post
    No you do, you plant biatch, fascist, religious nutter. You, tipper boy! You!
    LOL

Keep it up, people will listen to you any day now if you just shout loudly enough while typing and toss around baseless insults and projection.

Try not to have a stroke, slave.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yeah, the religious in the quarters are doing fine, aren't they? Yeah....not.

Dump your bible. And the rest of them.
    Many of the lgbt activists are anti Christian although they have no issues against Islam dispute the fact that LGBT members many in Africa and Arab countries are being killed or tortured.

You dont see this LGBT stuff being promoted as heavy in Africa as it being pushed heavily in mostly white western countries.

Tiptoeing in to say there is nothing in the Bible that forbids interracial marriage. Many many interracial marriages are noted. The reason the Jews were commanded not to marry inter racially is that every culture had its own religion. The point was that Jews were to worship Jehovah only, and not the gods of other nations.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

That is reality, some can only drive for a living, not everyone is up for tough work, for example working on a railway maintenance. Dangerous stuff. Unsocial hours.

Unsocial hours? That has to be a joke, right? My first job was 8am to 8pm Monday through Thursday. 8 to 5 on Friday. 9 to 12 on Saturday. I had a 45 minute commute to and from work. I usually was early and left late. And I had work functions like going to soccer games and auto races (the company had ownership stakes in both) nearly every weekend. I did that for a little over three years.

I did not like that but it was what was required. I am quite certain if I used the phrase unsocial hours, I would have been called a pussy or a ****** and told to quit.

You seem to have this belief that getting rich just happens somehow through cosmic luck. The overwhelming majority of people who make a lot of money had a number of years going through hell before they started making good money.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    Many of the lgbt activists are anti Christian although they have no issues against Islam dispute the fact that LGBT members many in Africa and Arab countries are being killed or tortured.

You dont see this LGBT stuff being promoted as heavy in Africa as it being pushed heavily in mostly white western countries.
    Just another front in the war...
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    You seem to have this belief that getting rich just happens somehow through cosmic luck. The overwhelming majority of people who make a lot of money had a number of years going through hell before they started making good money.
    I'm sure he does, most all leftists do.

It's because of privilege and racism and stacking the deck and keeping everybody else down that you made it.

That's unjust.

Strange how sticking a government gun in people's faces and robbing them is not unjust however.

Hard work and deferred gratification and long range planning is racist.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post

Of course not, freedom isn't strong in a continent where men are seen as men, and women as women. You are on about conservatism.

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    Unsocial hours? That has to be a joke, right? My first job was 8am to 8pm Monday through Thursday. 8 to 5 on Friday. 9 to 12 on Saturday. I had a 45 minute commute to and from work. I usually was early and left late. And I had work functions like going to soccer games and auto races (the company had ownership stakes in both) nearly every weekend. I did that for a little over three years.

I did not like that but it was what was required. I am quite certain if I used the phrase unsocial hours, I would have been called a pussy or a ****** and told to quit.

Nobody cares about people. But sure when I attended years ago an unemployment opportunity, I sat in a room at a employment company which offered railway training, everybody in that room was black, and male. Only one woman was there, she was black. I was a minority of may be five white men.

The black guy who was explaining the academic and practical course that would be on offer for those interested, explained early hours, dangerous work and so on. And he explained, cleaning was a woman's job, and that some people can't take early starts and so on. So I understand his point on the hours, so therefore unsocial hours can also and usually implies early hours, in the morning.

He shared some facts about this life being homeless, sleeping in a car, he said he had a family but his parents didn't want him in their home, not sure on how true it was, it sounded weird.

But this was in March 2012. I left that place, it was stupid that the advisor at the company would just send people off, and that was a woman, a Muslim woman, very ignorant about people, sort of arrogance of know it all. When somebody grows up in conservative mindset, they think all men are alike, as all women. I didn't trust her.

I don't know how far back you are going on the issue of unsocial hours.

Poverty is everywhere, and no not all wealthy people have had it tough. It is what we see, that shapes our thinking or what we read.
    Last edited by Republicanguy; 09-15-2019 at 06:55 PM.

Of course not, freedom isn't strong in a continent where men are seen as men, and women as women. You are on about conservatism.
    You have it backwards, freedom dies under the influence of perverts.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Nobody cares about people. But sure when I attended years ago an unemployment opportunity, I sat in a room at a employment company which offered railway training, everybody in that room was black, and male. Only one woman was there, she was black. I was a minority of may be five white men.

The black guy who was explaining the academic and practical course that would be on offer for those interested, explained early hours, dangerous work and so on. And he explained, cleaning was a woman's job, and that some people can't take early starts and so on. So I understand his point on the hours, so therefore unsocial hours can also and usually implies early hours, in the morning.

He shared some facts about this life being homeless, sleeping in a car, he said he had a family but his parents didn't want him in their home, not sure on how true it was, it sounded weird.

But this was in March 2012. I left that place, it was stupid that the advisor at the company would just send people off, and that was a woman, a Muslim woman, very ignorant about people, sort of arrogance of know it all. When somebody grows up in conservative mindset, they think all men are alike, as all women. I didn't trust her.

I don't know how far back you are going on the issue of unsocial hours.

Poverty is everywhere, and no not all wealthy people have had it tough. It is what we see, that shapes our thinking or what we read.
    Play the cards you are dealt and quit trying to steal cards out of other people's hands, slave.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Play the cards you are dealt and quit trying to steal cards out of other people's hands, slave.
    You can talk, you plant. Fascist!

You sound like a Leftist!

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm a leftwing person sure, liberal. I believe in a welfare and free healthcare for society.

I can never be a libertarian, it is dangerous, and requires to be wealthy, and I mean a millionaire. Typically, male, white, and so on.

I am a male, and white.

I'm a leftwing person sure, liberal. I believe in a welfare and free healthcare for society.

I can never be a libertarian, it is dangerous, and requires to be wealthy, and I mean a millionaire. Typically, male, white, and so on.

I am a male, and white.
    You cannot be more wrong. The Welfare state is a disaster & it should be eliminated!

Why are you here? That sounds racist to me.

Stop whining and get a real job, slave.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Back to the topic:

If ever there were a case of projection, it’s when our sexual devolutionaries (a.k.a. LGBT activists) accuse Christians of being hateful — then turn around and hatefully persecute Christians. In fact, warns American Thinker’s Fletch Daniels, Christianity’s destruction is their unstated goal.
    Daniels opens his piece with the story of New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees, who was attacked last week for appearing in a Focus on the Family (FotF) video encouraging children to carry Bibles to school. It didn’t matter that Brees had previously appeared in anti-bullying ads in support of the sexual devolutionaries; that FotF embraces the Christianity-spread, Truth-based conception of marriage and sexuality meant that, in their eyes, Brees was no longer the bee’s knees.
    Thus did the sexual devolutionaries sack Brees, and thus did Brees — concerned about making his next $10 million, like so many wealthy people — give up the ball, saying he didn’t actually support the organization he did a video for.

While Brees didn’t do anything even remotely “anti-LGBT,” as Daniels puts it, his “sin” was making common cause with a group the sexual devolutionaries hate and promoting a book they hate just as much. Moreover, this reflects a very dark and deeper reality, as Daniels warns:
    For too long, many Americans have misunderstood the goals of the LGBT community, particularly its activist leaders. The majority of Americans thought this movement was about winning acceptance and tolerance of gay Americans, something few people found objectionable.
    But that was never the goal. It was only an intermediary step. The goal was always about forcing Americans to celebrate and bow before the full and ever-expanding LGBT agenda while detaching America from its Judeo-Christian heritage and moral framework. The destruction of Christianity in society is the goal.
    Note that liberals are always the aggressors on this issue. While many Christians do not want to be forced to celebrate what they believe to be sin, they are not attacking or discriminating against members of that community. Most Christians rarely think about this issue at all. But they also don’t want to be forced to violate their own deeply held religious beliefs, which is where they become vulnerable for attack. Since they don’t celebrate the LGBT agenda, they are the enemy.
    This is why Christian businessmen, from bakers to florists to wedding planners, have been persecuted in recent years for refusing to service events — faux (same-sex) weddings. The irony is that these Christians weren’t trying to shut down these faux weddings; in typical conservative style, they simply didn’t want to participate in something they found objectionable. Yet the leftist attitude is far different: “Someone somewhere disagrees with me. He must be destroyed!”
    Yet let’s be clear about what’s really going on. I know of a man who’ll now admit that when he was a young secular hedonist dismissive of religion, he didn’t know Protestantism from Catholicism from Zoroastrianism doctrinally speaking. He had a sky-high libido and sex was very important to him, however, and he did know this: If the “religious nut jobs,” as he put it, got their way, girls wouldn’t be as generous with their bodies.
    Just as threatening a greedy man’s money or a power-hungry politician’s office can evoke his wrath, the sexual devolutionaries will seek to destroy anyone or anything that imperils their passions. Christianity does just that, too, with its model for human sexuality.
    Sex is a powerful force, and this really is a situation in which the sexual devolutionaries say, on some level, “This universe isn’t big enough for the two of us.”
    Delving a bit deeper, when people have an affinity for a given sin — or as some today say, “preference” — they don’t generally exclaim, “Hey, I’m evil and love it!”
    Rather, they seek rationalizations, and don’t want anyone shattering that bubble of self-delusion. Of course, Christianity does that, spectacularly, calling sin “sin,” telling these people they’re wrong (in the true, absolute, unchanging sense), and that we’ll all be judged for our actions. If Christianity is right, they’re wrong, so Christianity can’t be right. To them, the Good News is bad news — and must become yesterday’s news.
    This helps explain legislation Daniels warns about, the misnamed “Equality Act,” which will certainly become law if the Democrats retake the Senate and presidency. Under it, explicitly “Christian institutions will be forced to service acts they find sinful or be driven out of business,” writes Daniels, as he says it offers no religious exemption.
    “Imagine Christian teachers being forced to teach and accept dozens of ‘gender identifications’ in their classrooms within a Christian school,” Daniels writes, providing an example. “When and if this act goes into effect, an army of lawyers will immediately go into action to attack Bible-believing Christians” — and stamp out faithful dissent.
    After all, it has long been known that perhaps the best way to “destroy” faith is to force people to behave wholly contrary to it; once accomplished, a person’s religion becomes a hollowed-out shell, devoid of substance and the capacity to enrich life and, having been rendered meaningless, may be discarded.
    Interestingly, the reason why Christians (and conservatives) are now experiencing intense intolerance isn’t because of any distant Christian history of intolerance, but because of a recent history of tolerance. “Tolerance of right and wrong, truth and error, virtue and evil, Christ and chaos,” as then-monsignor Fulton J. Sheen wrote in 1931. “Our country is not nearly so overrun with the bigoted as it is overrun with the broadminded.” (Or that was the case, at least — until modern leftists came along.)
    I examined this in the 2013 essay “The Acceptance Con,” which may be the most important work I’ve ever written. Its main point is that tolerance leads to acceptance, then (barring robust pushback) to effective marketing, and then to the subordination of market competitors, whether what’s tolerated is good or evil. And so it has come to pass that oh-so-tolerant, lukewarm Christians allowed the sexual devolutionary beast to escape the closet — and now find Christianity being shoved in there itself.

https://www.thenewamerican.com/cultu...-to-destroy-it

There can be no truce, culture must drive them back in the closet or they will destroy us.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I saw this coming years ago. I sat on the fence about LGBTQ for a long time. I wanted to understand how they came to be the way they are. I wanted to accept them as they are. I worked with drag shows on the road for a while. I had a lot of fun with them.

I see this group of people as like in a type of prison. Many of them are filled with a deep sadness. I think they are under spiritual attack. I think it is physically easier for them to give into it and that they don't have the spiritual tools to throw it off. I feel sorry for them. I have tried to help a few of them but it is a very difficult process and the person has to get past the fear which is the main barrier. I have had a lot of conversations about this with many gay people. The people who can see the firey door they would have to walk thru in order to conquer this demon become very afraid and resistant. They would need to have so much trust and faith and support that not many can cross it. I think it is very very sad.

I don't hate them. I don't wish to be a part of their lifestyle. As long as they are not pushing themselves on me I can leave them alone. I can be civil with them and be a good neighbor to them but, I don't party with them or go to their weddings.

Stop whining and get a real job, slave.
    Perhaps fundies and gays (and other militant leftists) never did get along because they're too much alike...
    Last edited by acptulsa; 09-16-2019 at 03:48 PM.
    We believe our lying eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Perhaps fundies and gays (and other militant leftists) never did get along because they're too much alike...

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    I saw this coming years ago. I sat on the fence about LGBTQ for a long time. I wanted to understand how they came to be the way they are. I wanted to accept them as they are. I worked with drag shows on the road for a while. I had a lot of fun with them.

I see this group of people as like in a type of prison. Many of them are filled with a deep sadness. I think they are under spiritual attack. I think it is physically easier for them to give into it and that they don't have the spiritual tools to throw it off. I feel sorry for them. I have tried to help a few of them but it is a very difficult process and the person has to get past the fear which is the main barrier. I have had a lot of conversations about this with many gay people. The people who can see the firey door they would have to walk thru in order to conquer this demon become very afraid and resistant. They would need to have so much trust and faith and support that not many can cross it. I think it is very very sad.

I don't hate them. I don't wish to be a part of their lifestyle. As long as they are not pushing themselves on me I can leave them alone. I can be civil with them and be a good neighbor to them but, I don't party with them or go to their weddings.
    Pretty much my experience with the LGBTQ community.

I've also worked with a lot of very religious gays, who stayed celibate because of their religion. One committed suicide because he could not live with his gayness & his religious beliefs.
    There is no spoon.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post

Gay people exist due to evolution, not some mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Pretty much my experience with the LGBTQ community.

I've also worked with a lot of very religious gays, who stayed celibate because of their religion. One committed suicide because he could not live with his gayness & his religious beliefs.
    That gay person's mistake was believing in faith in the first place. Sad.

Um, you do realize evolution is a thing only breeders contribute to, right?

You have plenty of faith in government. You'll find out what a mistake that is before you're done. You progs are hilarious. You choose to have faith in government because you have no faith in people, but government is people.

That gay man's mistake was having faith that religion could tell him what God thinks. Religion, like government, is often full of fail.

Having faith is not a bad thing. Having faith in human authority is. That man's mistake is your mistake. You'll find it out when the Crown decides doing that operation on you isn't cost effective.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 09-16-2019 at 08:42 PM.

The point I am making is, there have always been gay people. Pete Buttigieg, nice enough fellow. No issue.

I don't believe much in people or government, but they have theirs ups and downs. There is no black and white with people, but some aspects of people obviously haven't changed. Like violence, prejudices, and so on.

The point I am making is, there have always been gay people. Pete Buttigieg, nice enough fellow. No issue.

I don't believe much in people or government, but they have theirs ups and downs. There is no black and white with people, but some aspects of people obviously haven't changed. Like violence, prejudices, and so on.
    That's yet another way you're just like Swordshyll. You respond quickly, but without thought. There's no waiting, but still nothing comes that's worth the wait. Haste makes waste.

Wrong, there is no "gay gene":
    There Is No ‘Gay Gene,’ Comprehensive Scientific Study Finds

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

You make nothing but mistakes.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Should the alcoholic celebrate his alcoholism as a lifestyle, with it's own flag because it is genetic for some alcoholics?

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I thought evolution was about survival of the fittest tell me how are they fittest? The fittest of any species can select the best mate for reproduction I don't think gays are able to do that. They might be able to save their sperm with the purpose of reproduction but this method will prove itself to be a disaster.

Back to the topic
    OK.

"While many Christians do not want to be forced to celebrate what they believe to be sin, they are not attacking or discriminating against members of that community."

They are, in fact, discriminating against gays if they refuse to sell them goods and services. Although the reason for the refusal may be a deeply held religious belief, the fact remains that it's still discrimination, just as if a Muslim were to refuse to give driving lessons to a woman. This isn't to say that the law should prohibit such discrimination (unless it's done by government employees; see below). But to claim that it isn't discrimination is simply absurd.

"This is why Christian businessmen, from bakers to florists to wedding planners, have been persecuted in recent years for refusing to service events — faux (same-sex) weddings. The irony is that these Christians weren’t trying to shut down these faux weddings"

There's nothing faux about same-sex weddings. I'm not talking about religious ceremonies, but about civil marriages that are equally real whether the participants are same-sex or opposite-sex. Opponents of same-sex civil marriages have never been able to demonstrate how they are harmed by the government's extending the benefits of civil marriage to gays, other than that it offends their religious sensibilities.

Moreover, some Christians were indeed trying to shut down same-sex marriages. Roy Moore, acting as Chief Justice of the Alabama Supreme Court, instructed all of the probate judges in Alabama to refuse to issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples, even though the United States Supreme Court had ruled months earlier that such action was unconstitutional. Even after the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit ruled shortly thereafter that the Alabama judges must issue licenses to same-sex couples, Moore continued to instruct the judges not to do so. Then there was Kim Davis, the former county clerk of Rowan County, Kentucky, who refused to issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples and defied a court order requiring that she do so. Of course, she could have resigned so that she wouldn't have had to do something she considered to be sinful, but she chose to continue to use her official position to try to shut down same-sex marriages.

"they [sinners] seek rationalizations, and don’t want anyone shattering that bubble of self-delusion. Of course, Christianity does that, spectacularly, calling sin “sin,” telling these people they’re wrong (in the true, absolute, unchanging sense), and that we’ll all be judged for our actions."

Which Christianity? Some Christians think music in a worship service is sinful (thankfully, Bach didn't). Others think dancing is sinful (Why don't Baptists make love standing up? People might think they're dancing.) Many things have been deemed sinful: drinking alcoholic beverages, making love using the wrong positions or techniques, failing to go to church, premarital sex, teaching evolution in the public schools, interracial dating, rock and roll, etc. The author's bigotry against gays is simply another example to be added to the list.
    We have long had death and taxes as the two standards of inevitability. But there are those who believe that death is the preferable of the two. "At least," as one man said, "there's one advantage about death; it doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
    Erwin N. Griswold

Taxes: Of life's two certainties, the only one for which you can get an automatic extension.
    Anonymous

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast