Thread: Trump administration announces it intends to ban flavored vaping products

Exclamation Trump administration announces it intends to ban flavored vaping products

Because prohibition works..

The Trump administration is preparing to take action amid a rush of deaths linked to vaping.

After a meeting with President Trump and FDA commissioner Norman Sharpless on Wednesday, Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar announced that the FDA would soon issue regulations that would let it force flavored e-cigarette products off the shelves. The announcement doesn't signal a full ban just yet, but it does come precisely a year after the FDA declared teenage e-cigarette use an "epidemic," and just hours after a sixth death linked to e-cigarette use was reported.

Trump hinted at regulatory action after the Wednesday meeting, calling vaping a "problem," namely for "children." Azar followed that up with a statement, saying "we intend to clear the market of flavored e-cigarettes" and that the FDA is finalizing plans to do so. As CBS News' Kathryn Watson reports, tobacco companies didn't seem to be expecting the announcement.
    https://theweek.com/speedreads/86425...aping-products

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Kind of funny how when prescription drugs are counterfeited and people die, no one even suggests bans...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul
    They are what they hate.” - B4L

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Is there a hidden push by big tobacco to hurt vaping? There is more chance of lobbyists behind this than government actually trying to look out for their citizens, even with a heavy handed non freedom way.
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

Remember when bypassing states and passing more federal regulations involved Congress in some way or another?
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Lol, wow, Anthony Weiner, too?

Best President since Lincoln
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Rand Paul (Vice Pres) 2016!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Best President since Lincoln

Practically Lincoln reincarnated.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

This is why you don't trust teetotalers who eat their steaks well done with ketchup.
    "Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."

-H. L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    This is why you don't trust teetotalers who eat their steaks well done with ketchup.

Only a philistine would eat steak well done. And with ketchup?!? We're doomed.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So there're going to ban these products without going through congress first?
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by kpitcher View Post
    Is there a hidden push by big tobacco to hurt vaping? There is more chance of lobbyists behind this than government actually trying to look out for their citizens, even with a heavy handed non freedom way.
    Several tobacco companies got involved in making their own vaping products. I wonder if their intent all along was to make sure some people died from vaping. It's not like people are dying or getting sick from vaping juul, or from many other companies. Why don't we hear who made the vaping products these people used that got them sick?

I heard there was a report of too much vitamin e in some vaping juice that made all those people sick, not sure which brand. I also heard the deaths were caused by people using juice with synthetic marijuana in it posing as CBD vape juice. Why aren't these companies getting sued?
    Last edited by Grandmastersexsay; 09-16-2019 at 07:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    So there're going to ban these products without going through congress first?

Congress shmongress. Who needs congress when we've got the Orange Emperor?
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    Congress shmongress. Who needs congress when we've got the Orange Emperor?
    I remember GOPers going berserk, talking about impending martial law, etc, every time Obama did something by executive order.

And I haven't heard the old "pen and phone" meme in a while (in cold storage till next Dem Presidency).
    "Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."

-H. L. Mencken