Thread: French company liable after employee dies during sex on business trip

French company liable after employee dies during sex on business trip

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-49662134

Is having sex part of his job?

A French company has been found liable for the death of an employee who had a cardiac arrest while having sex with a stranger on a business trip.

A Paris court ruled that his death was an industrial accident and that the family was entitled to compensation.

The firm had argued the man was not carrying out professional duties when he joined a guest in her hotel room.

But under French law an employer is responsible for any accident occurring during a business trip, judges said.

The man, named as Xavier X, was working as an engineer for TSO, a railway services company based near Paris.

He died at a hotel during a trip to central France in 2013, as a result of what the employer called "an extramarital relationship with a perfect stranger".

The company challenged a decision by the state health insurance provider to regard the death as a workplace accident.

The provider defended its position by insisting that sexual activity was normal, "just like as taking a shower or a meal".

In its ruling, the Paris appeals court upheld this view.

An employee on a business trip is entitled to social protection "over the whole time of his mission" and regardless of the circumstances, it said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    The quality seems to have dropped significantly since I came here, I guess you get what you pay for.
    "There is always a tweet. That has become accepted fact in the Trump presidency: For every pronouncement the President makes, there is at least one tweet from his past that directly contradicts his current view." -CNN

I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    But under French law an employer is responsible for any accident occurring during a business trip, judges said.
    So this means that grown men are essentially children, under the guardianship of their employer?

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"