View Poll Results: Were recent wars policies worth it?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Iraq war was worth it

0 0%
  • Iraq war was not worth it

2 33.33%
  • Afghan war was worth it

0 0%
  • Afghan war was not worth it

2 33.33%
  • Funding Israeli occupation is worth it

0 0%
  • Funding Israeli occupation is not worth it

2 33.33%
  • Neocons/globalist politicians, donors are worth it

0 0%
  • Neocons/globalist politicians, donors are not worth it

1 16.67%
  • Wars create good jobs, good for economy

0 0%
  • Wars do not create good jobs, not good for economy

5 83.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Were Iraq, Afghan wars worth it?

Were Iraq, Afghan wars worth it?

Multiple Choice poll attached.

The Afghanistan war is likely ending. One longtime correspondent asks: Was it worth it?

Witness to a War

I started covering Afghanistan in 2004. Ever since, I’ve seen the U.S. war effort in all its complications. I’m still trying to figure out if it was worth the sacrifices and costs.
    Kevin Maurer September 9, 2019

For this trip, my first since 2016, I wanted to see whether the new strategy to conclude the war felt different from previous attempts. But another question was looming too, one that was only growing more haunting with the signals that the war was, at last, coming to an end: Was it all worth it? The conflict had left 2,400 U.S. service members dead and more than 20,000 wounded; more than 145,000 people in all, including Afghan military, police and civilians, have died, according to a 2018 report from Brown University’s Costs of War Project; America has spent $737 billion on the war. Had all this death and maiming and money been justified by the results?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...s-it-worth-it/

Related

2003: Washington Post ran 27 editorials in favor of Iraq invasion

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Exclamation Poppy Rats

The Republican & Democrat party feel a religious obligation to protect preserve and use the holy Afganistan opium poppy. No price is too high to protect their opioid god.

It's Republicrat policy.

Watch out, don't trample Donnell's big pharma stash.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Let me check Northrop Grumman Corp. stock NOC - 600% up in the last 10 years. So, yes.

No, not a single war in the last 20 years was worth it.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

It got us where we are today.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Our soldiers were used for globalist to gain control and push the drug epidemic. So, no it was never worth it.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Depends on who you ask.

Were they worth it for tyrant, self serving people of influence and power - yes, most definitely!

For freedom/liberty loving folk - no, not at all.

Individuals who have known about US shenanigans for a long time, but were dismissed as wacko conspiracy theorists - yes, it did give them quite a bit of cred.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

I was against the Iraq from the beginning.
    I supported the Afghanistan war after 9/11 but I turned on the war since Bin Laden killed!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post
    The Republican & Democrat party feel a religious obligation to protect preserve and use the holy Afganistan opium poppy. No price is too high to protect their opioid god.

It's Republicrat policy.

Watch out, don't trample Donnell's big pharma stash.

Actually MAGA opposes opioid crisis firmly.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Let me check Northrop Grumman Corp. stock NOC - 600% up in the last 10 years. So, yes.

Trump warns halting Saudi arms sales would hurt economy
    Oct 11, 2018 - President Donald Trump shows a chart highlighting arms sales to Saudi Arabia during a meeting with ... We have jobs. .... which includes aerial refueling and arms sales — amid reports Saudi airstrikes have killed civilians.

Related

Money drenched in blood: Pope scolds Congress for US made weapons sold around the world

Flashback:

Afghan war now more unpopular with Americans than the Iraq war ever was

By Max Fisher, Published: July 26, 2013

Washington Post/ABC News poll

The proportion of Americans who say the war in Afghanistan has been worth fighting has dropped to 28 percent, according to a new Washington Post/ABC poll. This is the lowest support for the Afghan war ever recorded in the poll – and even lower than the Iraq war ever scored on the same question. A full two-thirds, 67 percent, say that the Afghan war has not been worth fighting.

Support began falling in late 2011 and early 2012, when a string of high-profile incidents gave the appearance of a war spinning badly out of control. In January 2012, a video surfaced showing Marines urinating on dead Afghan insurgents. The next month, NATO troops mistakenly burned several Korans, setting off nationwide riots and more “green on blue” killings. The month after that, a U.S. soldier named Robert Bales wandered off base and into a nearby village, where he killed 16 civilians, nine of them children.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...-war-ever-was/

Afghan war in 2019 under 'anti-war' Trump:

Sep 19, 2019
    50 Afghan civilians dead, 30 killed after US drone accidentally bombed farmers

Sep 17, 2019
    Afghan president unhurt as election rally/Kabul bombings kill 48 including 10 security forces

Related

Over 200 civilians/Afghan forces killed, Trump's Afghan war escalation failing already?

3 Indicted On ‘Massive Fraud’ Connected To Nearly $9 Billion Afghan Contract

BOMBSHELL Documents Expose The Secret Lie That Started the Afghan War

If launching 100 tomahawks at Syria was 'worth it' to get 48 hours of praise from neocons on TV, then obviously the Iraq and Afghanistan wars were 'worth it' for years and years of high approval ratings.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

No
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

No... just no.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows