Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NC: Bishop vs. McCready

Exclamation NC: Bishop vs. McCready

NC members, Phill, Gunny and others...is this anything to pay close attention to?
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Tagging out of curiosity. I am in a different part of the state. I don't know much about the race other than a few progressives are chattering as if he's the second coming of Bernie Sanders.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    NC members, Phill, Gunny and others...is this anything to pay close attention to?
    This is a special election based on the voter fraud perpetrated by a political operative of Mark Harris. Supposedly it is a weather bell of N.C. politics moving left if McCready wins. The district consists of Union, Anson, Richmond, Scotland, and Robeson counties; a southeast portion of Mecklenburg County; and parts of Cumberland and Bladen counties.
    Mecklenburg is home to Charlotte N.C.. A city that has definitely become a progressive bastion. Republicans have held this seat since 1963.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    This is a special election based on the voter fraud perpetrated by a political operative of Mark Harris. Supposedly it is a weather bell of N.C. politics moving left if McCready wins. The district consists of Union, Anson, Richmond, Scotland, and Robeson counties; a southeast portion of Mecklenburg County; and parts of Cumberland and Bladen counties.
    Mecklenburg is home to Charlotte N.C.. A city that has definitely become a progressive bastion. Republicans have held this seat since 1963.
    Thanks.

Either one these guys notable in any way or are they just machine politicos?

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Ballot harvesting. Legal for Democrats, illegal for Republicans...

California changed its rules before the 2018 election to allow persons other than family members to collect and submit ballots. Large last minute submissions of votes in the election delayed results and altered the outcome of several elections from the outcome indicated by initial results, swinging several races in favor of Democratic Party candidates.[4][5][6]

Ballot harvesting was alleged in North Carolina's 9th congressional district election in 2018.[7] The 2019 North Carolina's 9th congressional district special election is being held as a result.
    https://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ballot_harvesting
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

I'm friends with the Libertarian candidate, Jeff Scott, and built and managed his campaign website. In this re-do election, we've tried to run a more serious and professional campaign than LP candidates are known for, though with very tight resources. Jeff got 1.8% in the first election. There's a Green Party candidate this time too, Allen Smith. We've taken a little different approach to campaigning, with both Jeff and Allen essentially campaigning together as third party options, even though the platforms are pretty far apart. We'll see if it yields a larger third party presence in the vote totals or not.

The quick and dirty on the R/D: Bishop is an attorney, state Senator and spent $250k out of his own pocket to win the primary. He's fairly conservative rhetorically but very status quo. Started the infamous "bathroom bill" at the state level. McCready is a Harvard rich kid who spent a tour in Iraq and is little more than a cut-out candidate who never says anything except empty politician platitudes. A second coming of anyone he most assuredly is not. Groomed empty suit. Empty platitudes like Obama, yes, but nowhere near his charisma/presence or orating ability.

Bishop needs big R turnout from the eastern rural areas of the district. McCready is lucky because the most populous portion of the district is in Charlotte/Mecklenburg Co. where today is also city government primaries (almost all D) so a lot of Ds will be voting any way. Whoever wins will essentially have to start campaigning for reelection a few months after being sworn in. My guess is Dan wins .
    Last edited by devil21; 09-10-2019 at 10:28 AM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Thanks.

Either one these guys notable in any way or are they just machine politicos?
    Our guy was Matthew Ridenhour in the primary. He got obscenely outspent.

Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    With gerrymandering, this should be an easy win for Republicans. Trump won by twelve points. But early returns just starting to trickle in are close. Trump flew into town to have a big rally last night to try to put it over the top for Bishop.

With 20 percent reporting, Democrat McCready (a marine veteran) is leading Bishop 46,150 to 38,632 but it is extremely early.

The election is a "redo" after Republican voter fraud.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 09-10-2019 at 06:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    With gerrymandering, this should be an easy win for Republicans. Trump won by twelve points. But early returns just starting to trickle in are close. Trump flew into town to have a big rally last night to try to put it over the top for Bishop.

With 20 percent reporting, Democrat McCready (a marine veteran) is leading Bishop 46,150 to 38,632 but it is extremely early.

The district was recently gerrymandered to be more Demoncrat friendly but do go on with your MSM talking points.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post

You're a day late and a dollar short.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Dan McCready Democrat 48,667 53.6%
    Dan Bishop Republican 41,664 45.9%

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

With 26% reporting:

McCready 52.9% 50,248

Bishop 46.5% 44,188

Looks like McCready will beat Bishop handily.

And another district bites the dust...

Oh wow, The GOP have held this seat since 1960

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    Oh wow, The GOP have held this seat since 1960
    Not in its current form.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

And another district bites the dust...
    Not so fast:

Dan McCready Democrat 56,218 50.5%
    Dan Bishop Republican 54,412 48.9%

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The rural areas will report later SS, maybe he can pull this off.

Moved closer with 38% in.

McCready 50.8% 63,025

Bishop 48.7% 60,376

Bishop presently leads in two counties- Union (which has 52% of votes counted) and Richmond with 44% in. Bladen is just starting to come in and is basically even.

McCready has 59.2% in Anson (91% counted), 55.9% in Cumberland (just started coming in too), 60.3% in Mecklenburg (28% reporting), 60.8% in Robeson (26% in), and 56.2% in Scotland (100% in).
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 09-10-2019 at 07:06 PM.

Dan McCready Democrat 61,123 49.9%
    Dan Bishop Republican 60,713 49.5%

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Dan Bishop Republican 65,803 49.9%
    Dan McCready Democrat 65,268 49.5%

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Dan Bishop Republican 72,682 50.3%
    Dan McCready Democrat 71,082 49.2%

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Dan Bishop Republican 80,927 50.5%
    Dan McCready Democrat 78,468 48.9%

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Dan Bishop Republican 85,944 50.5%
    Dan McCready Democrat 83,077 48.9%

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

With 79% reporting:

Bishop 50.5% 80,927

McCready 48.9% 78,468

But what is left out there? Four counties not 100%. I used the number of votes cast and the reported percent counted to see what remained.

Cumberland 7,505 votes left. McCready has been getting 52.7 of that so far.

Bladen- 2,720 votes left. Bishop 54%.

Mecklenburg- the big one. 40,980 votes and McCready 56.4%.

Robeson- 1,696 votes left. McCready has been getting 50.1%.

This looks like if the trend continues in those counties, McCready should win.

Dan Bishop Republican 89,941 50.8%
    Dan McCready Democrat 86,120 48.6%

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

200 of 210 Precincts Reporting

Dan Bishop 92,272
    Dan McCready 88,839

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Unless there are some large precincts in Mecklenberg not in, looks like Bishop holds on (I forgot that precincts are of different sizes in my math- the percent reported was the percent of precincts- not percent of total votes in my rough calculations)

Just waiting on the rest of Mecklenberg now which has been going 56% for McCready.

Bishop 50.8% 94,984

McCready 48.6% 90,824

McCready wins by about 4,000 votes.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 09-10-2019 at 08:23 PM.

208 of 210 Precincts Reporting

Dan Bishop 94,984
    Dan McCready 90,824

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast