Thread: Why the most pro-marijuana Congress ever won’t deal with weed

Thumbs down Why the most pro-marijuana Congress ever won’t deal with weed

Two-thirds of Americans support legalization, but legislation seems to be going nowhere fast on Capitol Hill.
    https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...ngress-1712973

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    De-schedule already.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

They better get fast track on it then.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by shakey1 View Post
    De-schedule already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Patience, patience!

After all, it takes a lot of time and effort to go from a standing start to a fully worked-out system for anti-competitive cronyism, regulation and revenue-generation.

But it will happen ...
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Patience, patience!

After all, it takes a lot of time and effort to go from a standing start to a fully worked-out system for anti-competitive cronyism, regulation and revenue-generation.

But it will happen ...
    THIS ^^^^

I guess the marijuana lobby doesn't have enough money to pay off congress I think that is the only thing that gets laws passed or resended.

Its as simple as: This victory isn't meant to be won yet. No-body really cares about marijuana, and while it is valuable in that it carries great costs to target (tyranny, prison industrial complex etc) a far greater amount of money would be had by taxing it (since the frictional aspects of the extant tyranny and pic would no longer diminish the pie).

The only reason they are not touching the issue is because they (legislative, judicial, nor executive) haven't been told to deal with it yet (by themme, yeah?). Likely, in my opinion, a victory saved for the next golden one--perhaps will be grouped in a bill "dealing" with the second amendment. An eminently cheap victory, a progressive headline that will be bruited by all the usual suspects, "_______, finally got it done." An easily had bonafide for our next ruler.

Phooey.

I remember when Obama first got elected people were going around saying weed would be legal in all 50 states.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Has anybody had refined live resin sauce yet?

Refined (approx 98% THC):

Unrefined (approx. 76% THC):

Last edited by dannno; 09-05-2020 at 11:42 AM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Has anybody had refined live resin sauce yet?

Refined (approx 98% THC):

Unrefined (approx. 76% THC):

I guess I'm getting old.... do people shoot up THC, now?
    FJB

Patience, patience!

But it will happen ...
    Especially when you have someone like JOHN BOEHNER in your corner.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by Mach View Post
    I guess I'm getting old.... do people shoot up THC, now?
    No, you heat up a quartz (glass) bowl (banger) really hot, then you let it cool down to the correct temperature, then you put a small amount of that stuff on there using a dab tool, then it vaporizes and goes through a small "water bong" called a rig.

It's a bit healthier than smoking all of the flowers.
    Last edited by dannno; 09-05-2020 at 11:42 AM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by shakey1 View Post
    De-schedule already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Patience, patience!

But it will happen ...
    https://twitter.com/RepThomasMassie/...83795936575489

Per registered decision, member has been banned for violating community standards as interpreted by TheTexan (respect his authoritah) as authorized by Brian4Liberty Ruling

May God have mercy on his atheist, police-hating, non-voting, anarchist soul.
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 09-21-2020 at 07:29 PM.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

Thumbs down

Don't Tax Weed please!
    The Government has more than enough revenue.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    A bit of history: there once was a federal marijuana tax, enacted in 1937. The real reason for the act may have been economic protectionism (see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marihuana_Tax_Act_of_1937), but it soon became a tool in the criminalization of pot. The tax was held to be unconstitutional in Leary v. United States, 395 U.S. 6 (1969) -- yes, it involved "turn on, tune in, drop out" Timothy Leary -- on the grounds that the law's requirement that a payer of the tax register with the government and admit to be a transferee of pot violated the self-incrimination clause of the 5th Amendment.

The tax was repealed in 1970, but if pot were ever decriminalized by Congress it's a pretty good bet it'd be taxed, just like liquor and cigatettes.
    We have long had death and taxes as the two standards of inevitability. But there are those who believe that death is the preferable of the two. "At least," as one man said, "there's one advantage about death; it doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
    Erwin N. Griswold

Taxes: Of life's two certainties, the only one for which you can get an automatic extension.
    Anonymous

Patience, patience!

But it will happen ...
    See? We're getting there, slowly but surely. Just give it time ...

https://twitter.com/RepThomasMassie/...79564490133506

Patience, patience!

But it will happen ...
    See! It only took a little over a year: House to vote on cannabis descheduling Friday

https://twitter.com/TRHLofficial/sta...59820639039490

https://twitter.com/TRHLofficial/sta...59820639039490

Nothing could sum up the nature, the very essence of the state better.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Oops! I meant to post that tweet in the other thread ...

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    Nothing could sum up the nature, the very essence of the state better.
    And also, this ^^^.

So what is going on here? Are the Feds late to the pot party? Can they see that they cannot stop people from using pot so they want to cash in and get their grubby paws all over it?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think I need to remind people of a few things. CONGRESS DOES NOT REPRESENT YOU.

Now, lets remind you of the Standford study, where 0% of the population want a bill passed, in theory, we should have 0% of your *ahem* Representatives voting for that bill. Inverse should also hold true, again, in theory, whereby if 100% of people want a bill passed, then 100% of Representatives should vote for that bill. What the Standford study revealed was that wasnt the case at all. When all people were sampled, they found no matter what 30% of bills were passed, no matter what, without rhyme or reason. Until, they looked at the RICHEST, the TOP 1% of the TOP 1%, THEN and ONLY THEN did Representative votes reflect the will of the "constituents".

If pot is not being legalized, it is probably because the RICHEST people MAKE MONEY on THE PRIVATE JAILS THEY OWN. And its THEIR will that matters, not yours, not mine.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Quote Originally Posted by Uareas View Post
    Personally, I don't see anything wrong with taking drugs. Athletes often have joint pain due to heavy exertion.
    The war on performance enhancing drugs is several orders of magnitude more stupid than the one against marijuana, but that is the world we live in.