Thread: Why the most pro-marijuana Congress ever won’t deal with weed

Thumbs down Why the most pro-marijuana Congress ever won’t deal with weed

Two-thirds of Americans support legalization, but legislation seems to be going nowhere fast on Capitol Hill.
    https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...ngress-1712973

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    De-schedule already.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

They better get fast track on it then.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by shakey1 View Post
    De-schedule already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    They better get fast track on it then.
    Patience, patience!

After all, it takes a lot of time and effort to go from a standing start to a fully worked-out system for anti-competitive cronyism, regulation and revenue-generation.

But it will happen ...

Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law." - The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." - Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      - Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      - Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·
    MOFA (Make Orwell Fiction Again)

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Patience, patience!

After all, it takes a lot of time and effort to go from a standing start to a fully worked-out system for anti-competitive cronyism, regulation and revenue-generation.

But it will happen ...
    THIS ^^^^

I guess the marijuana lobby doesn't have enough money to pay off congress I think that is the only thing that gets laws passed or resended.

Its as simple as: This victory isn't meant to be won yet. No-body really cares about marijuana, and while it is valuable in that it carries great costs to target (tyranny, prison industrial complex etc) a far greater amount of money would be had by taxing it (since the frictional aspects of the extant tyranny and pic would no longer diminish the pie).

The only reason they are not touching the issue is because they (legislative, judicial, nor executive) haven't been told to deal with it yet (by themme, yeah?). Likely, in my opinion, a victory saved for the next golden one--perhaps will be grouped in a bill "dealing" with the second amendment. An eminently cheap victory, a progressive headline that will be bruited by all the usual suspects, "_______, finally got it done." An easily had bonafide for our next ruler.

Phooey.

I remember when Obama first got elected people were going around saying weed would be legal in all 50 states.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Has anybody had refined live resin sauce yet?

Refined (approx 98% THC):

Unrefined (approx. 76% THC):

Last edited by dannno; 09-09-2019 at 04:43 PM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Supporting Member
    Virgin Islands

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Has anybody had refined live resin sauce yet?

Refined (approx 98% THC):

Unrefined (approx. 76% THC):

I guess I'm getting old.... do people shoot up THC, now?
    If the stampman tells you to kiss his ass, shall he get away with it and live? Don't let your courage cool, or a few bullies scare you. We've nothing to fear but slavery. Love your liberty, and fight for it like men who know its value. Once lost it will never, never be regained.
    -Hugh Ledlie, 1774.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Patience, patience!

But it will happen ...
    Especially when you have someone like JOHN BOEHNER in your corner.
    My website: https://www.theherbsofthefield.com/

"No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.” ~ Charles Dickens

Quote Originally Posted by Mach View Post
    I guess I'm getting old.... do people shoot up THC, now?
    No, you heat up a quartz (glass) bowl really hot, then you let it cool down to the correct temperature, then you put a small amount of that stuff on there using a dab tool, then it vaporizes and goes through a small "water bong" called a rig.

It's a bit healthier than smoking all of the flowers.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."