Thread: Conservatives extend lead over Labour to 10 points despite chaotic week

Conservatives extend lead over Labour to 10 points despite chaotic week

The Conservatives have extended their lead over Labour as pro-Brexit voters return to the party, according to the latest Opinium poll for the Observer.

Despite a week of political chaos that has seen Boris Johnson purge the party of 21 MPs who oppose his plans, the Tories recorded a 10-point lead over Labour. For the first time since March, more than half (53%) of leave voters now intend to vote Conservative. Almost half of all voters (46%) now think the Conservative party has in effect become the Brexit party.

The Conservatives are up 3 points to 35% of the vote, while the Brexit party is down 3 points to 13%. The Liberal Democrats are up 2 points to 17%, with Labour down 1 point to 25%.
    https://www.theguardian.com/politics...e-chaotic-week

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Johnson buying support by promising more money for police, schools, farmers, military, national health system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    The quality seems to have dropped significantly since I came here, I guess you get what you pay for.
    "There is always a tweet. That has become accepted fact in the Trump presidency: For every pronouncement the President makes, there is at least one tweet from his past that directly contradicts his current view." -CNN

I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Johnson buying support by promising more money for police, schools, farmers, military, national health system.
    Boris does like to announce spending. Most of it doesn't appear new though.