Thread: Man Gets Kicked Out Of City Council Meeting For Stating The Obvious

Man Gets Kicked Out Of City Council Meeting For Stating The Obvious

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Everyone should have left with him.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Everyone should have left with him.
    Doesn't work this way.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Doesn't work this way.
    I know from experience.

In a vaguely similar public meeting my family and I got up and left with the guy but most people stayed.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

That man is my hero.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Paid reporter gets attention/publicity from shouting in meeting.

He may have a beard, but he's no epic beard man.
    "It's probably the biggest hoax since Big Foot!" - Mitt Romney 1-16-2012 SC Debate

https://twitter.com/allidoisowen/sta...42464625364993

We voted yesterday. Nashville is desperate for new leadership on the bloated city council and in the mayor’s office. As we left the polling place, I saw a young man holding a signal the council candidate we want. Turns out it was the candidate himself. I pulled him aside and had a nice chat with him. He is very familiar with our neighborhood, and I took the opportunity to talk briefly about three issues of importance to us. If I feel better on Election Day I may offer to sit outside our precinct for a couple of hours. This rehab has been more difficult than the last one, and I just don’t have my mobility back.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by tfurrh View Post
    Paid reporter gets attention/publicity from shouting in meeting.

He may have a beard, but he's no epic beard man.
    What is he going to do that is in his control to effectuate change? Complaining doesn't change anything. What can he do? Serious question for all the activists. How can this realistically change?

How do you take away all the power from the unions, the police, fire departments, teachers, schools...? All the bloated pensions.... Anyone that thinks those people work for them is disillusioned. Government works for their agenda.

How do you get rid of school busses? How do you change the inefficient public works department? Totally close public works and stop charging homeowners the fees to pick up your garbage. Let residents hire their own trash company. Do you think the unions would allow that? Do you think a new mayor could eliminate something as simple as trash/public works? How do you get rid of the waste from police overtime? Cops at every construction site. Cops that show up with fireman and ambulance when a 911 call is put out because an elderly person has a medical emergency and needs to go to the hospital. Why all the waste? Do you think a new mayor can just stop that?

How did things get so out of hand? Does it matter how or why things are the way they are? The real question in any life situation is what do I control that I can change. If your opinion or view doesn't matter what can you do? If you let your kid drive your car and pay for their phone, you could take away the phone and car. Can you stop paying taxes?

If this guy was in charge and the top official in Austin Texas what could he do about the problem? The problem is much deeper than one person. I mentioned in another thread that POTUS can change little. It would take a majority in congress and senate to effectuate real change. Government is what has caused the problems and controls everything. It will take government, a collapse, or anarchy to change it.

If there were an election at the exact moment in that room in Austin Texas where the guy had the microphone and the people in attendance were the voters, would they vote the bearded guy into office or keep the tardy mayor? I didn't hear any solutions from this guy. People don't like one thing but once people find out this stops or that stops all of a sudden they don't want change.

Honestly what do we expect society to look like in the future? All these lazy ass kids that are on medications that Mommy and Daddy are tired of supporting. The same kids that have been taught zero responsibility and grew up doing nothing except complaining and playing video games. Where do they live? Well first off they are not all that stupid. If they are going to live on the street, go where the weather is at least temperate. Expect this problem to get bigger not smaller.

I do not have an answer. I acknowledge the problem is huge. What would I do? Section off an area for them. Provide food and let them pitch their tents. Provide beer. Figure out what attracts them and then put it there. Let them naturally gravitate to that area and take up residence there. Put it on the outskirts of town. Have them decide for themselves they would rather live there than here.

Please government fix what you've wrought....

Please government hear my plea.

More government isn't the answer to too much government people, eventually you'll take matters into your own hands.

Some, the sane ones will leave, others will fight for their cities. Problem is they're cities, an inherently flawed demographic that reached its useful peak in the 15-1600's long before social programs.

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    What is he going to do that is in his control to effectuate change? Complaining doesn't change anything. What can he do? Serious question for all the activists. How can this realistically change?
    Complaining really loudly ain't gonna do it either. But my point was that this wasn't Joe Average Citizen getting pissed off, it was an info wars employee. Yes I'm sure he probably lives in Austin, but it's also part of his job to act like this.

As far as what's effective? Idk
    "It's probably the biggest hoax since Big Foot!" - Mitt Romney 1-16-2012 SC Debate

If someone would timestamp the obvious part I'd appreciate it. It didn't jump out at me.
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Austin also let Planned Parenthood rent a building for a $1.00 a year. The town is overrun with evil anymore.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Agenda 21 2030 is creating this. Low income housing is being demolished to build the giant mixed used apartments that the mega-city plans call for. The newly homeless have no choice but to set up shanty towns and tent cities in the areas they used to live inside of houses in.

Yes, Democrats have been placed into government positions to rubber-stamp it (happening here in Charlotte too, not just Austin) but A2030 is not partisan since it's a globalist thing. The guy getting thrown out did a great job calling out a symptom while not addressing what's causing it. That's why nothing changes. Keep blaming "parties" instead of who is pulling their strings.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Problem is they're cities, an inherently flawed demographic that reached its useful peak in the 15-1600's long before social programs.
    Did you pick that time frame on account of anything real? Or just a guess? I'm honestly curious.

I don't know if cities were once more useful than they now are, but I think in large part they've always had the same set of basic problems going way back into ancient history.

I haven't watched the video, I hate to get caught up in what looks like a yelling match,
    but something comes to mind about Cities, Counties etc;

Regulations
    Fines
    Restrictions
    Taxes

They are all one in the same; Revenue Builders.

Has anyone here yet realized that cities, counties, states , all literally prevent you and I from
    purchasing anything (but un-prepared food) without paying them for the privilege.

If we pay the ransom to the govt for everything , they allow us the right to buy things if we
    pay them first.

A return to barter and rural living is in order.

How many City, County, State, and Fed alphabet agencies can we not live without....my view is
    that we could live without 80 to 90% or more , just fine, better in fact.

seems like a whole lotta class warfare and partisanship going on there. what's the free market response/answer to homelessness?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnCifelli1 View Post
    seems like a whole lotta class warfare and partisanship going on there. what's the free market response/answer to homelessness?
    Dedicate a piece of property for homeless. Supply running water, seeds, hand tools, wifi, rabbits, chickens, allow them to do whatever they want. Let them grow weed, poppies, make liquor. Create an environment that they can thrive in and leave them alone. Create an environment where they would not want to leave. No police. Enter at own risk. All services must be provided by homeless volunteers or not at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    Did you pick that time frame on account of anything real? Or just a guess? I'm honestly curious.

I don't know if cities were once more useful than they now are, but I think in large part they've always had the same set of basic problems going way back into ancient history.
    Real.

It was prior to the industrial revolution and modern sanitation.

Piling humanity on top of one another was shown for what it was, merely a way for the wealthy and their warriors to benefit from the hoards.

What with "progress" and the associated compassion,production, automation and sanitation the wealthy have grown, the warriors have been shipped out and the hoards are rotting.

Social classes are awry, earnings are disparate to production and most have been convinced it's a good thing.

In the 15-1600's there were "rulers" around whom cities were built, a central governing power. In today's America governments are elected generally from the local crop of barristers or business tycoons who say things the largest percentage of people want to hear. These promises vacillate back-n-forth from increasing the collective wealth to providing for the common good and depending on who's talking and how the stars are aligned one group will suffer while another prospers. In the mean time the hoard grows, the good, the bad and the indifferent but there's mouths to feed, waste to remove and ego's to stroke, more every day stacked on top of one another....

Back then too many people meant it was time to conquer more land in order to sustain the hoard........There's no conquering going on now just breeding the hoard............To what end?

This hoard, USA, feeds hoards in other countries then bitches about it when they come here hoping for a slice of this pie. We feed the unproductive stacked in cities across this land and then bitch when they get underfoot.

People in cities have wrought this mess, they pass laws and write legislation to protect their way of life regardless of how little they produce.

At least back in the 15-1600's there was a ruler to blame when the city collapsed.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    If someone would timestamp the obvious part I'd appreciate it. It didn't jump out at me.
    The obvious part when he said Demoncrats destroy cities.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    I haven't watched the video, I hate to get caught up in what looks like a yelling match,
    but something comes to mind about Cities, Counties etc;

Regulations
    Fines
    Restrictions
    Taxes

They are all one in the same; Revenue Builders.

Has anyone here yet realized that cities, counties, states , all literally prevent you and I from
    purchasing anything (but un-prepared food) without paying them for the privilege.

If we pay the ransom to the govt for everything , they allow us the right to buy things if we
    pay them first.

A return to barter and rural living is in order.

How many City, County, State, and Fed alphabet agencies can we not live without....my view is
    that we could live without 80 to 90% or more , just fine, better in fact.
    Exactly: www.sonsoflibertyso.com
    "If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." - Thomas Jefferson

"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds" - Sam Adams

(piggybacking off my previous A2030 post)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnCifelli1 View Post
    Homelessness in general or this very specific kind of homelessness that the video is focusing on? I don't know how "free market" it is (probably not at all but I'm ok with that since the status quo is even less free market) but my solution is to require the developers that are basically forcing people out of their low income housing in A2030 target cities to provide alternative affordable housing elsewhere as part of doing business in the city. The reason I say that, knowing it's not a free market solution, is because the developers then push the "affordable housing" initiatives, that are soon demanded by the population, onto the taxpayer in the form of bond referendums and tax increases to pay for it. Then, the city hires those same developers to build the affordable housing with taxpayer money! I'd require the developers to foot the bill for it long before I'd require taxpayers to foot the bill. I'm sure the response from developers would be lawsuits up the yang if their "privatize the profits, socialize the losses/expenses" is threatened, though.

Dedicate a piece of property for homeless. Supply running water, seeds, hand tools, wifi, rabbits, chickens, allow them to do whatever they want. Let them grow weed, poppies, make liquor. Create an environment that they can thrive in and leave them alone. Create an environment where they would not want to leave. No police. Enter at own risk. All services must be provided by homeless volunteers or not at all.
    That is indeed a serious free market solution. The hard part is keeping the government out of their new enterprises once they become profitable and people OUTSIDE of the "zone" start buying their weed, booze, produce, chickens, etc. Also keeping government out of their land/property appropriations that they will eventually devise in the "zone". True sovereignty, not fake.

But it'll devolve into some form of tyrannical government within the "zone" eventually, like it always does, because that's what humans do.
    Last edited by devil21; 09-10-2019 at 10:01 AM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

You would do all that?

Where's the profit motive?
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    You would do all that?

Where's the profit motive?
    Get them self sufficient and off my streets.