Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Activism Thought Experiment

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    Yes. Because... Well.. They are a private business.

Saying they aren't is like saying no business is private because you have public sidewalks and public parking and public roads. And if no business is private then the government can regulate it however they want. So yes. Facebook is a private business and restricting speech is never okay. Facebook and Twitter and Youtube and Google can ban whomever they want.
    Government creations are NOT private businesses.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    That's the problem, you don't think people need to be able to defend themselves and you are fine with the attempt to create a hoplophobic culture that WILL end up banning guns.
    I didn't say or even hint that people don't need to be able to defend themselves. I implied no such thing.

You did confirm my point that you think like a progressive. Your view is that you will make someone care about a pet issue. Not wanting to personally own a gun or be around them has zero, zip, zilch, nada, nil to do with liberty. I do not care even a little bit guns. That is in no way shape or form anti-liberty. I do not care about visiting prostitutes. I do not care to use crack or marijuana or vape. I only care that government doesn't restrict those things. I am for letting people be free to choose.

You base views on personal whims. I base views solely on the principle that people should be allowed by the government to do what they want as long as they don't harm the physical person or property of someone else.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I didn't say or even hint that people don't need to be able to defend themselves. I implied no such thing.

You did confirm my point that you think like a progressive. Your view is that you will make someone care about a pet issue. Not wanting to personally own a gun or be around them has zero, zip, zilch, nada, nil to do with liberty. I do not care even a little bit guns. That is in no way shape or form anti-liberty. I do not care about visiting prostitutes. I do not care to use crack or marijuana or vape. I only care that government doesn't restrict those things. I am for letting people be free to choose.

You base views on personal whims. I base views solely on the principle that people should be allowed by the government to do what they want as long as they don't harm the physical person or property of someone else.
    Nobody has called for government intervention here, what has been suggested is protests to fight back in the cultural war being waged to ban and demonize guns.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Nobody has called for government intervention here, what has been suggested is protests to fight back in the cultural war being waged to ban and demonize guns.
    Vandalism isn't protesting. I'm sure Black Lives Matter and Antifa will be happy that you share their views though.

Vandalism isn't protesting. I'm sure Black Lives Matter and Antifa will be happy that you share their views though.
    Tell that to the members of the Boston Tea Party.
    You said you were a fan of that act of vandalism, or do you just make decisions about protests on personal whims?

Do you own stock in one of the companies waging war on guns?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Tell that to the members of the Boston Tea Party.
    You said you were a fan of that act of vandalism, or do you just make decisions about protests on personal whims?

Do you own stock in one of the companies waging war on guns?
    The Boston Tea Party protested a government law in a practical manner given the distance of travel between the the colonies and Britain. This is vandalizing private property because you don't like their business decision.

I have never made an "investment" in any company let alone the ones currently mentioned.

The Boston Tea Party protested a government law in a practical manner given the distance of travel between the the colonies and Britain. This is vandalizing private property because you don't like their business decision.

I have never made an "investment" in any company let alone the ones currently mentioned.
    The Boston Tea Party destroyed private property to protest collusion between the business involved and the tyrannical government.
    We are seeing the same kind of collusion between big business and government to demonize guns and push for a ban and the suggested protest is not even directly destroying property.

Had you lived at the time of the Boston Tea Party you would have been one of the Tories who condemned the "radicals", you only support it because you have the benefit of hindsight and the judgement of history.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    He stopped me right there and said, "Kid, I want you to go over and sit down on that bench that says 'Group W' ... NOW, KID!!"

And ... and I walked over to the bench there, and there's, there's Group W, where they put you if you may not be moral enough [...] after committin' your special crime. There was all kinds of mean, nasty, ugly-lookin' people on the bench there. There was mother-rapers, father-stabbers, father-rapers! Father-rapers sittin' right there on the bench next to me! And they was mean and nasty and ugly, and horrible [...] guys were sittin' there on the bench, and the meanest, ugliest, nastiest one, the meanest father-raper of them all, was comin' over to me, and he was mean and ugly and nasty and horrible and all kinds of things, and he sat down next to me and said, "Kid ... what'd you get?"

I said, "I didn't get nothin'. I had to pay fifty dollars and [put the groceries back on the shelf]."

He said, "What were you arrested for, kid?" and I said, "[filling up shopping carts with crap that I didn't buy]."

And they all moved away from me on the bench there, with the hairy eyeball and all kinds of mean, nasty things, till I said, "And creatin' a nuisance" and they all came back, shook my hand, and we had a great time on the bench talkin' about crime, mother-stabbin', father-rapin', all kinds of groovy things that we was talkin' about on the bench, and everything was fine [...]
    And if two of you do it...they'll think yer both fagggots and they won't take either of you.

Gun rights activists in Texas are testing Walmart’s request not to open-carry in stores by doing just that.
    David Amad, the vice president of Open Carry Texas, told The New York Times the 38,000 members of his group have openly carried their guns inside Walmart stores since the retailer announced last week it is “respectfully requesting” customers to no longer openly bring guns into its stores.
    He said none of the members who have done so have been asked to leave.

“They are ducking the issue,” Amad told the Times. “They are trying to get the gun haters to leave them alone, while at the same time leave us alone when we carry in their stores.”
    A Walmart spokesperson told The Hill that employees are not instructed to approach peaceful shoppers who may be carrying guns in areas where hunting is popular. The goal is to maintain a “non-confrontational approach," the spokesperson said, citing the language Walmart president and CEO Doug McMillion used in last week’s announcement.
    However, the spokesperson said the company has provided guidelines for store managers if a customer is making employees or customers uncomfortable. Managers are expected to take the advised protocol for different situations, which in some instances may mean calling law enforcement.

More at: https://thehill.com/homenews/news/46...uns-into-store
    @TheTexan

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Gun rights activists in Texas are testing Walmart’s request not to open-carry in stores by doing just that.
    David Amad, the vice president of Open Carry Texas, told The New York Times the 38,000 members of his group have openly carried their guns inside Walmart stores since the retailer announced last week it is “respectfully requesting” customers to no longer openly bring guns into its stores.
    He said none of the members who have done so have been asked to leave.
    Why would they carry a gun in walmart, there are no deer there. I don't understand these people.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Rand Paul (Vice Pres) 2016!!!!

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Why would they carry a gun in walmart, there are no deer there. I don't understand these people.

They do sell those deer shaped targets that bow hunters sometimes use.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Bump
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12