Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Activism Thought Experiment

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    Yes. Because... Well.. They are a private business.

Saying they aren't is like saying no business is private because you have public sidewalks and public parking and public roads. And if no business is private then the government can regulate it however they want. So yes. Facebook is a private business and restricting speech is never okay. Facebook and Twitter and Youtube and Google can ban whomever they want.
    Government creations are NOT private businesses.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    That's the problem, you don't think people need to be able to defend themselves and you are fine with the attempt to create a hoplophobic culture that WILL end up banning guns.
    I didn't say or even hint that people don't need to be able to defend themselves. I implied no such thing.

You did confirm my point that you think like a progressive. Your view is that you will make someone care about a pet issue. Not wanting to personally own a gun or be around them has zero, zip, zilch, nada, nil to do with liberty. I do not care even a little bit guns. That is in no way shape or form anti-liberty. I do not care about visiting prostitutes. I do not care to use crack or marijuana or vape. I only care that government doesn't restrict those things. I am for letting people be free to choose.

You base views on personal whims. I base views solely on the principle that people should be allowed by the government to do what they want as long as they don't harm the physical person or property of someone else.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I didn't say or even hint that people don't need to be able to defend themselves. I implied no such thing.

You did confirm my point that you think like a progressive. Your view is that you will make someone care about a pet issue. Not wanting to personally own a gun or be around them has zero, zip, zilch, nada, nil to do with liberty. I do not care even a little bit guns. That is in no way shape or form anti-liberty. I do not care about visiting prostitutes. I do not care to use crack or marijuana or vape. I only care that government doesn't restrict those things. I am for letting people be free to choose.

You base views on personal whims. I base views solely on the principle that people should be allowed by the government to do what they want as long as they don't harm the physical person or property of someone else.
    Nobody has called for government intervention here, what has been suggested is protests to fight back in the cultural war being waged to ban and demonize guns.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Nobody has called for government intervention here, what has been suggested is protests to fight back in the cultural war being waged to ban and demonize guns.
    Vandalism isn't protesting. I'm sure Black Lives Matter and Antifa will be happy that you share their views though.

Vandalism isn't protesting. I'm sure Black Lives Matter and Antifa will be happy that you share their views though.
    Tell that to the members of the Boston Tea Party.
    You said you were a fan of that act of vandalism, or do you just make decisions about protests on personal whims?

Do you own stock in one of the companies waging war on guns?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Tell that to the members of the Boston Tea Party.
    You said you were a fan of that act of vandalism, or do you just make decisions about protests on personal whims?

Do you own stock in one of the companies waging war on guns?
    The Boston Tea Party protested a government law in a practical manner given the distance of travel between the the colonies and Britain. This is vandalizing private property because you don't like their business decision.

I have never made an "investment" in any company let alone the ones currently mentioned.

The Boston Tea Party protested a government law in a practical manner given the distance of travel between the the colonies and Britain. This is vandalizing private property because you don't like their business decision.

I have never made an "investment" in any company let alone the ones currently mentioned.
    The Boston Tea Party destroyed private property to protest collusion between the business involved and the tyrannical government.
    We are seeing the same kind of collusion between big business and government to demonize guns and push for a ban and the suggested protest is not even directly destroying property.

Had you lived at the time of the Boston Tea Party you would have been one of the Tories who condemned the "radicals", you only support it because you have the benefit of hindsight and the judgement of history.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    He stopped me right there and said, "Kid, I want you to go over and sit down on that bench that says 'Group W' ... NOW, KID!!"

And ... and I walked over to the bench there, and there's, there's Group W, where they put you if you may not be moral enough [...] after committin' your special crime. There was all kinds of mean, nasty, ugly-lookin' people on the bench there. There was mother-rapers, father-stabbers, father-rapers! Father-rapers sittin' right there on the bench next to me! And they was mean and nasty and ugly, and horrible [...] guys were sittin' there on the bench, and the meanest, ugliest, nastiest one, the meanest father-raper of them all, was comin' over to me, and he was mean and ugly and nasty and horrible and all kinds of things, and he sat down next to me and said, "Kid ... what'd you get?"

I said, "I didn't get nothin'. I had to pay fifty dollars and [put the groceries back on the shelf]."

He said, "What were you arrested for, kid?" and I said, "[filling up shopping carts with crap that I didn't buy]."

And they all moved away from me on the bench there, with the hairy eyeball and all kinds of mean, nasty things, till I said, "And creatin' a nuisance" and they all came back, shook my hand, and we had a great time on the bench talkin' about crime, mother-stabbin', father-rapin', all kinds of groovy things that we was talkin' about on the bench, and everything was fine [...]
    And if two of you do it...they'll think yer both fagggots and they won't take either of you.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

Gun rights activists in Texas are testing Walmart’s request not to open-carry in stores by doing just that.
    David Amad, the vice president of Open Carry Texas, told The New York Times the 38,000 members of his group have openly carried their guns inside Walmart stores since the retailer announced last week it is “respectfully requesting” customers to no longer openly bring guns into its stores.
    He said none of the members who have done so have been asked to leave.

“They are ducking the issue,” Amad told the Times. “They are trying to get the gun haters to leave them alone, while at the same time leave us alone when we carry in their stores.”
    A Walmart spokesperson told The Hill that employees are not instructed to approach peaceful shoppers who may be carrying guns in areas where hunting is popular. The goal is to maintain a “non-confrontational approach," the spokesperson said, citing the language Walmart president and CEO Doug McMillion used in last week’s announcement.
    However, the spokesperson said the company has provided guidelines for store managers if a customer is making employees or customers uncomfortable. Managers are expected to take the advised protocol for different situations, which in some instances may mean calling law enforcement.

More at: https://thehill.com/homenews/news/46...uns-into-store
    @TheTexan

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Gun rights activists in Texas are testing Walmart’s request not to open-carry in stores by doing just that.
    David Amad, the vice president of Open Carry Texas, told The New York Times the 38,000 members of his group have openly carried their guns inside Walmart stores since the retailer announced last week it is “respectfully requesting” customers to no longer openly bring guns into its stores.
    He said none of the members who have done so have been asked to leave.
    Why would they carry a gun in walmart, there are no deer there. I don't understand these people.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Why would they carry a gun in walmart, there are no deer there. I don't understand these people.

They do sell those deer shaped targets that bow hunters sometimes use.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Bump
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Open Carry at Walmart and Fry’s in Arizona: No One Asked to Leave
    Ammoland Inc. Posted on September 16, 2019 by Dean Weingarten

Read more: https://www.ammoland.com/2019/09/ope...#ixzz61AfecFbl
    Under Creative Commons License: Attribution
    Follow us: @Ammoland on Twitter | Ammoland on Facebook

Open Carry at Walmart and Fry's in Arizona: No One Asked to Leave
    U.S.A. –-(Ammoland.com)- There is an ongoing thrust by the fanatical pushers for a disarmed population, to enlist corporate America to their cause. Understandably, corporate entities are uneasy about outright support for any political faction; come out strongly on one side or the other, you are potentially alienating 20-30 percent of your customers. The 50% that are not strongly engaged in politics are unlikely to respond.

When it comes to Second Amendment issues, there are about 5 million NRA members and 100 million gun owners. There are about 30 million people that think owning a gun is immoral. The numbers game falls to the Second Amendment, but the Old Media are overwhelmingly hostile to gun ownership.

This puts corporate America in a bind. Several large corporations have yielded to old media pressure and enacted policies that request Americans who are exercising their Second Amendment rights, not to openly carry in their establishments.

In doing so, they are attempting to split the baby without bloodshed. The request is not legally binding. They are not banning firearms from their establishments; they are working a policy to give lip service to the liberal fascists who want to take a fire-ax to the Bill of Rights.

It all seemed pretty inconsequential. In a few months, the policies would be forgotten, and Second Amendment supporters would get back to making incremental strides toward restoring Second Amendment rights.

Confession is good for the soul. I confess I forgot about the controversy.
    Recently, I set out to get a few groceries and to check on the price of .22 ammunition at Walmart. I routinely open carry. I open carry primarily for political purposes, demonstrating to others the Second Amendment means something, and the government is effectively limited in at least one way. I often open carry because it is a bit simpler and more convenient than concealed carry. It is better to avoid trouble than to recover from it. Open carry can be a tactical deterrence. The theory is an overwhelming majority of criminals don't want to confront an armed person.

I did not notice any sign on the door at Walmart. I went about my business. The price of .22 ammunition continues to drop toward historical norms. A brick of 500 Remington Thunderbolt .22 Long Rifle cartridges was priced at $16.97. On Labor Day, CAL Ranch stores had them for $14.99. Three cents a round for .22 ammunition is not too bad.

I picked up a few inexpensive grocery items and headed for the checkout. On the way there, I ran into an old friend who asked how I was. He asked if anyone had asked me to leave.

The light bulb came on. No, I said. I did not see any sign on the door. He graciously took my picture to commemorate Walmart's benign, non-confrontational, threading of the political needle. The phone in my shirt pocket could have been recording video. It wasn't.

I went to Fry's. They did not have .22 ammunition, but I don't recall them caving to liberal fascists, either. I spent a bit more there than I did at Walmart. I asked the checkout lady if she would take my picture to commemorate Fry's more open-minded attitude. The picture did not turn out quite as well as the one my buddy took.

People will rightly note the Glock 17 does not stand out against the dark shirt. Most people do not notice when a person is openly carrying, even when there is better contrast. I did not dress to show off the Glock, but for utilitarian purposes of where I live. Open carry has become so normalized in Arizona, no one considered it an issue.

This is the situation the liberal fascists desperately want to avoid. They do not want anyone but the government to have guns. The open exercise of Second Amendment rights greatly offends them. My rights are not subject to their emotional and mental problems. Only a tiny percentage of Americans are offended by open carry. A much larger number are mildly surprised when they first encounter it, but become accepting of it with a few exposures. We constantly see the process as numerous winter visitors and California visitors come, notice, and become acclimated. Most people do not even notice.

The facts, the culture, and the Constitution are on the side of Second Amendment supporters. We only need to keep exposing the moral, legal, and cultural disasters of the left to continue to restore our rights. Their dominance of the media has made this difficult, but we are winning.

https://www.ammoland.com/2019/09/ope...#axzz61AesL17b
    Chris

Bump
    Chris

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12