Thread: Senate Democrat says he is working with Republicans on bipartisan gun legislation

Exclamation Senate Democrat says he is working with Republicans on bipartisan gun legislation

Sen. Chris Coons (D-Del.) said Sunday that he is working with Republican Sen. Pat Toomey (Pa.) and the White House on a piece of gun legislation following a series of mass shootings last month.

Coons said on CBS's "Face the Nation" that the proposed law would notify state law enforcement when someone fails a background check to purchase a gun.

"Senator Pat Toomey and I....we've been working hard on our bipartisan bill, the NICS Denial Notification Act," he said.

"The Odessa shooter failed a background check. Our bill would make sure that state law enforcement is promptly notified when someone fails a background check," he added.

Coons noted that he has been speaking with Democrats, Republicans and the White House over the August congressional recess.

“I’m hopeful President Trump will actually lead on this issue next week, take a position, stick with it,” he said.
    https://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-...-on-bipartisan

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Any Republican politician that supports bipartisan gun control legislation should be hanged.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

"The Odessa shooter failed a background check. Our bill would make sure that state law enforcement is promptly notified when someone fails a background check," he added.
    Which, of course, would not have done a damn thing to prevent what happened.

And also of course, Coons & Co. are perfectly well aware of this.

Lawmakers gonna make laws.

Pick one: liberty, or a legislature. You can't have both ...

"No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the Legislature is in session." -- Gideon J. Tucker (and he should know ...)
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 09-08-2019 at 02:55 PM.

Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law." - The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." - Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      - Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      - Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·
    MOFA (Make Orwell Fiction Again)

Yeah, let’s make another f’g law.

#dosomething

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

This bill needs more teeth.

If someone fails a background check, that should automatically trigger a SWAT raid on their home to look for firearms and other contraband.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Rand Paul (Vice Pres) 2016!!!!

The new ammo check law in California is designed to fail as many people as possible (due to things like address changes, name discrepancies such as John P. Smith vs John Paul Smith, etc.) so that they then have to pay for a more extensive and expensive check. It’s a money maker. Will these people all be put on a list?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul
    They are what they hate.” - B4L

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.