Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mark Sanford announces Trump primary challenge

Mark Sanford announces Trump primary challenge

Former Rep. Mark Sanford on Sunday said he is mounting a primary challenge to President Trump in 2020, officially jumping into the race after publicly toying with the idea for several months.

He said there needs to be a “conversation” on what it means to be a Republican.

“I think that as a Republican party we have lost our way,” Mr. Sanford, also a former governor of South Carolina, said on “Fox News Sunday.”

Asked if he honestly thinks he has a shot at winning, Mr. Sanford said: “I’m saying, you never know.”

“The thing that has been lacking in this debate has been an earnest and real conversation on debt and deficits and government spending, and I find it astounding to watch the number of Democratic debates that I’ve seen and no mention, no conversation on where we’re going with regard to debt,” he said.
    https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...ary-challenge/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Another delusional candidate that thinks they are equipped to defeat our alpha male president.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Talk about mission impossible, but America would be in a much better place if he makes it. The way I look at it, I rather him be president than the dolt we have in the White house or the 10 or so viable candidates waiting on the democratic side to challenge him. Some are better than him but for the most part, the difference even with the better ones is insignificant.

Go Mark Stanford, I am rooting for u.

Mark Sanford on Getting Support and Trumps "Go Back" Tweets | The View

He's got my vote.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Going to take a lot to swing me from Giant Meteor 2020, who is the only candidate who can deliver sweet salvation.

This is probably the most serious challenge to GOP-Netanyahu wing to date.

Perhaps time for respected Israel-First neoconservative and social liberal democrat Sheldon Adelson to ask MAGA to make nice with Foxnews & Drudge before things get completely out of control. Otherwise his investment in MAGA could sink.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Another delusional candidate that thinks they are equipped to defeat our alpha male president.
    His gutsy moves on Syria bombing, Golan Heights, Iran sanctions, his bold appointments of Bolton, Pompeo, Epstein prosecutor Alex Acosta and recent threats to Sweden for immediate relesae of US rapper Rocky A$AP were certianly alpha. But let's not sell him short, his appeal is growing because he has a pro "gender nonconformity" gentler side too. His "great heart" statements on DACA, pre-existing conditions heathcare, pro-peace gun control also indicate he has a soft heart too. Rarely such great and diverse bi-partisan leadership traits come in a single package!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slave Mentality View Post
    Going to take a lot to swing me from Giant Meteor 2020, who is the only candidate who can deliver sweet salvation.

I'm still leaning Cthulhu myself, but the Sweet Meteor of Death does indeed have a compelling platform. I could go either way.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

dupe
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

SC cancels 2020 primary. Did anyone tell Sanford? It's messed up because there are several announced candidates already.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trum...ry?id=65436462
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    This is probably the most serious challenge to GOP-Netanyahu wing to date.

Perhaps time for respected Israel-First neoconservative and social liberal democrat Sheldon Adelson to ask MAGA to make nice with Foxnews & Drudge before things get completely out of control. Otherwise his investment in MAGA could sink.
    It is a good thing for both Sanford and Trump that Kokesh is not running on the Republican format.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    I'm still leaning Cthulhu myself, but the Sweet Meteor of Death does indeed have a compelling platform. I could go either way.
    I think you’re on to something.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Not only does he have no chance but his record fell of a cliff before he lost his seat.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Not only does he have no chance but his record fell of a cliff before he lost his seat.
    He probably lost a bet or someone was leaning on him really hard.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    He probably lost a bet or someone was leaning on him really hard.
    His hiking trip probably wasn't the only thing he had to hide.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post

Plus he committed the absolutely unforgivable sin of saying mean things about poor little victim Donald Trump.
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Slave Mentality View Post
    For me its a three way tie between Giant Meteor, Ron Paul, and Vermin Supreme.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

POTUS: RP
    VP: VS
    SECDEF: GM

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I'm leaning M.E.M.P.S. Mass EMP of Salvation. Not quite as bad as Cthulhu or a Meteor of Death. Just enough for a culling and a reset.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    I'm leaning M.E.M.P.S. Mass EMP of Salvation. Not quite as bad as Cthulhu or a Meteor of Death. Just enough for a culling and a reset.

You're an optimist.
    Chris

How many states will have him on a ballot ? Pretty late in the game ?
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    All great options that I will be certain to investigate. It’s too bad Supervolcano doesn’t get more traction.

Sanford is just making some money off the TDS....

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This site should support Sanford.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    This site should support Sanford.
    No it should not.

He disgraced himself and probably has blackmail held over his head, that may explain the decay of his record and his foolish attacks on Trump.

Name: Marshall Sanford

Score Breakdown:
    72% (115th Congress: 2017-2018); 74% (114th Congress: 2015-2016); 91% (113th Congress: 2013-2014); 85% (106th Congress: 1999-2000)

https://www.thenewamerican.com/index...nameid=S000051

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Mark Sanford is the single most qualified liberty candidate I can think of. Unlike Ron Rand amash and goldwater, Sanford actually has run things successfully. And unlike GJ, he is much more articulate and has a better philosophical understanding of liberty. Plus he has broader appeal to Repubs on social issues. Great two term governor. Was head of the Republican governors associaton.

Sanford won't win. But anyone dumping on Sanford is a buffoon. He probably deserved his own subforum here. He and Ron voted almost identically back in 90s before it was common to vote against everything.

H RES 397: NATO
    Vote Date: June 27, 2017 Vote: AYE Bad Vote.
    This legislation (H. Res. 397) “solemnly reaffirms the commitment of the United States to the North Atlantic Treaty Organization’s principle of collective defense as enumerated in Article 5 of the North Atlantic Treaty.” Under Article 5, the member nations of the NATO military alliance “agree that an armed attack against one or more of them ... shall be considered an attack against them all.”

The House passed H. Res. 397 on June 27, 2017 by a lopsided vote of 423 to 4 (Roll Call 328). We have assigned pluses to the nays not only because the United States should stay clear of entangling alliances such as NATO, but also because the NATO provision that obligates the United States to go to war if any member of NATO is attacked undermines the provision in the U.S. Constitution that assigns to Congress the power to declare war. Moreover, the number of nations that the United States has pledged to defend under NATO has grown from 11 to 28 over the years, as the alliance itself has grown from 12 member nations (including the United States) when NATO was created in 1949 to 29 today. Although NATO was ostensibly formed to counter the threat from the Soviet bloc of nations, some of the nations the United States is now pledged to defend under NATO were once part of that bloc, including Albania, Bulgaria, the Czech Republic (as part of Czechoslovakia), Hungary, Poland, and Romania.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

S 2943: National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA)
    Vote Date: December 2, 2016 Vote: AYE Bad Vote.
    This bill (S. 2943) authorizes $611.2 billion for military programs in fiscal year 2017, including $59.5 billion for foreign operations in Afghanistan, Iraq, and Syria. Among its many provisions, the massive bill creates a “Global Engagement Center” to counter “foreign state and non-state propaganda and disinformation efforts.” Dubbed an Orwellian “Ministry of Truth” by critics including THE NEW AMERICAN, this new government propaganda center is authorized to “provide financial support” to (among others) “media content providers,” including “local independent media who are best placed to refute foreign disinformation and manipulation in their own communities.”

The House passed the NDAA on December 2, 2016 by a vote of 375 to 34 (Roll Call 600). We have assigned pluses to the nays because the authorizations in this bill go way beyond providing for our national defense. Our foreign military interventions in the Middle East in particular have exacerbated terrorism and undermined U.S. security. The creation of the Orwellian “Global Engagement Center,” which was added to the NDAA without Congress being able to vote on it as a stand-alone bill, also falls outside the scope of legitimate national defense. Rather than agreeing to the version of NDAA they did, our lawmakers should have rejected it and passed instead a constitutionally sound version.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

H R 5293: Aid to Syria
    Vote Date: June 16, 2016 Vote: NAY Bad Vote.
    During consideration of the Defense Appropriations bill (H.R. 5293), Representative Tulsi Gabbard (D-Hawaii) introduced an amendment to prohibit the use of funds in the bill for the Syria Train and Equip Program. Through this program, the U.S. government has armed so-called moderate jihadists who are not fighting for freedom but for an Islamic State under Sharia law, not just in Syria but beyond — the same goal as ISIS. In her House speech advocating her amendment, Gabbard warned that “overthrowing Assad … would strengthen groups like ISIS and al Qaeda, allowing them to take over all of Syria, creating an even worse humanity crisis and an even greater threat to the world.”

The House rejected Gabbard’s amendment on June 16, 2016 by a vote of 135 to 283 (Roll Call 328). We have assigned pluses to the yeas because U.S. foreign aid is unconstitutional, and arming so-called moderate jihadists to fight Assad is both counterproductive and tantamount to going to war in Syria.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast