Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mark Sanford announces Trump primary challenge

H R 597: Export-Import Bank
    Vote Date: October 27, 2015 Vote: AYE Bad Vote.
    This bill (H.R. 597), the Export-Import Bank Reform and Reauthorization Act of 2015, would reauthorize the Export-Import Bank’s charter through fiscal 2019. Additionally,the bill would reduce the limit on the Ex-Im Bank’s outstanding loans, guarantees,and insurance from $140 billion to $135 billion, as well as prohibit the bank from issuing new loans if the default rate reaches two percent. Under the new charter,the Ex-Im Bank would be required to increase the amount of its financing dedicated to small businesses from 20 to 25 percent,and be subject to a Government Accountability Office audit every four years.

The House passed H.R. 597 on October 27, 2015 by a vote of 313 to 118 (Roll Call 576). We have assigned pluses to the nays because the Export-Import Bank is a poster boy for corporate cronyism. The government finances or insures foreign purchases from U.S. companies that commercial banks are unwilling or unable to finance owing to the political or commercial risks inherent in the deals, leaving taxpayers on the hook in the event of default. Constitutionally speaking, the U.S. government should not be underwriting private businesses at taxpayers’ expense, regardless of whether or not such businesses are small,“mom and pop” companies.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    H RES 162: Calling on the President to provide Ukraine with military assistance to defend its sovereignty and territorial integrity.
    Vote Date: March 23, 2015 Vote: AYE Bad Vote.
    Ukraine Military Aid.
    House Resolution 162, which calls on the president "to provide Ukraine with military assistance to defend its sovereignty and territorial integrity," allows President Obama to provide Ukraine with defensive weapons to defend against aggression from Russia.

The House adopted H. Res. 162 on March 23, 2015 by a vote of 348 to 48 (Roll Call 131). We have assigned pluses to the nays not only because foreign aid is unconstitutional but also because this bill would further interject the United States into a foreign conflict. Allowing the U.S. president to provide lethal arms to Ukraine in order to fight Russia is tantamount to waging a proxy war on Russia without the constitutionally required congressional declaration of war. The House, by giving such power to the president, is relinquishing one of its constitutional responsibilities.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Of course he wont beat Trump but he will hopefully give him some serious competition and pull him to the right

If Sanford is mean towards Trump then he will not go very far.

If he keeps it strictly to the policy matters he will go a lot farther.

Sanford is great on fiscal conservatism; Trump is not.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Weld, Sanford and Walsh can have a series of great debates without being interrupted by dumbass Donnell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post
    Weld, Sanford and Walsh can have a series of great debates without being interrupted by dumbass Donnell.
    An the public will not be bothered by the three stooges because they won't watch.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I like Sanford. What I found peculiar though, is him saying the Republican Party has lost its way? Just now? Why in hell didn't he do something like this when Dubya was President?
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    I like Sanford. What I found peculiar though, is him saying the Republican Party has lost its way? Just now? Why in hell didn't he do something like this when Dubya was President?
    Thank you Bro! This my problem with people like Sanford,Bill Weld & others.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    This site should support Sanford.
    Compared to Trump, Sanford is Senator Taft reincarnated.

OTOH, when Sanford went back to Congress he did pretty much nothing.
    Last edited by devil21; 09-09-2019 at 11:32 AM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Compared to Trump, Sanford is President Taft reincarnated.

OTOH, when Sanford went back to Congress he did pretty much nothing.
    President Taft?

Are you thinking of Senator Robert Taft?

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    President Taft?

Are you thinking of Senator Robert Taft?
    Ah yes thanks for info and correction. I always remember Dr. Paul talking about Mr. Republican Taft and assumed he meant the President, not the Senator. Learn something new every day...

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Who will Sanford surround himself with this time around? If his old neoconservative adviser Jon Lerner is anywhere near this campaign, it will be telling.
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 09-09-2019 at 12:46 PM.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Who will Sanford surround himself with this time around? If his old neoconservative adviser Jon Lerner is anywhere near this campaign, it will be telling.
    I didn't see anything at that link that indicated Lerner was a neoconservative. What led you to say that, assuming it was something other than his possibly Jewish last name?

I could maybe give my "All Important Primary Vote" to him, sure.
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    He lost his way on the Appalachian trail.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I didn't see anything at that link that indicated Lerner was a neoconservative. What led you to say that, assuming it was something other than his possibly Jewish last name?
    Aren’t you the clever sophist? I have no idea if his last name is “Jewish” in origin as you said. But nice attempt at inferring anti-semitism.

If being Nikki Haley’s main and possibly only adviser is not enough evidence (ditto Marco Rubio), there are plenty of people that have called him neoconservative in the past.

National security advisor to the vice president sounds like an important job. And maybe it is. Who knows. It also sounds like the kind of job that would only really be important if the president were to die or become temporarily incapacitated.

Important or not, the position was held last week (briefly) by establishment “Republican” pollster and political strategist Jon Lerner – a rabid neoconservative #NeverTrumper and a longtime advisor to former South Carolina governor (and U.S. ambassador to the United Nations) Nikki Haley.
    https://www.fitsnews.com/2018/04/16/...r-nikki-haley/
    If you’d like, you can call him a teocon instead. More in the vein of Marco Rubio, Nikki Haley and Sean Hannity.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Aren’t you the clever sophist? I have no idea if his last name is “Jewish” in origin as you said. But nice attempt at inferring anti-semitism.

If being Nikki Haley’s main and possibly only adviser is not enough evidence (ditto Marco Rubio), there are plenty of people that have called him neoconservative in the past.

If you’d like, you can call him a teocon instead. More in the vein of Marco Rubio, Nikki Haley and Sean Hannity.
    It's obvious that SM is here to spread lies and undermine the movement and the site.

Now we have clue what faction he works for.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

People who support Mark, show your donation stubs.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.

It is a German Jewish name, though. Nothing wrong with pointing out facts. Its origin is easily found with a quick web search. What someone chooses to infer from that fact is their choice.

years back before this guy lost all credibility I would have said he was one of the better choices.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

You do know, in a three-way string of debates, between SANFORD, TRUMP and WELD.... even if there is
    an Impeachment Trial going on full blast in the SENATE CHAMBER, i can't see how my former governor
    can be charismatic and galvanize today's GOP given that he spent much of his political life in Mitt Romney's
    shadow, and ALSO ran as a Libertarian. Sanford's tidy lil sex scandal is nothing by comparison to what
    Trump has done and lied about over the decades. It no longer is an issue, and any GOP animals who leap
    into the POTUS race after Nancy Pelosi makes the Senators justify their existence then looks like the very
    worst sort of disloyal bottom feeder. Worst of it is, a SANFORD/WELD ticket might please MITT ROMNEY.

Duckies.... Rand may have hamstrung his own self. He is backing Trump to the hilt, and if the Democrats
    give Trump the merrie boot, he must now back Mike Pence, who is way less corrupt than Trump is. Even
    if PENCE is slightly more stupid than is our sitting POTUS. Rand has to be a Senator to the 100 percentile.

By being a loyal GOP team player, by giving Donald John Trump the benefit of the doubt,
    RAND PAUL cannot run against him and be an honest man. If there his a bigly HUGE new
    scandal that has yet to fully cut loose, where one and all do think DJT is both incompetent
    and venal in the worst way, SENATOR RAND PAUL has uttered words that may come back
    to haunt him. Defending POTUS is going to be a full-time job. If you are running in 2020 you
    already have set in motion your campaign. it takes 1.5 to 2 years to do a decent POTUS run.

my advice to SENATOR RANDAL PAUL is... focus on 2o24 + 2o28. Back the GOP standard bearer to the 100 percentile in 2020.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12