Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scientist Proposes Cannibalism to Fight Climate Change

Exclamation Scientist Proposes Cannibalism to Fight Climate Change

Swedish Scientist Proposes Cannibalism to Fight Climate Change

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/201...limate-change/

CHRIS TOMLINSON6 Sep 2019

Swedish behavioural scientist Magnus Söderlund has suggested that eating other people after they die could be a means of combatting climate change.

The scientist mentioned the possibility of cannibalism during a broadcast on Swedish television channel TV4 this week about a fair in Stockholm regarding “food of the future”.

Söderlund is set to hold seminars at the event, entitled “Gastro Summit — about the future of food” where he intends to discuss the possibility of eating people in the name of cutting down greenhouse emissions.

According to his research, the main problem with the idea is the widespread taboo of eating human flesh and said that conservative attitudes could make it hard to convince Swedes at large to take up the practice of cannibalism.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Swedish Scientist Proposes Cannibalism to Fight Climate Change

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/201...limate-change/

CHRIS TOMLINSON6 Sep 2019

Swedish behavioural scientist Magnus Söderlund has suggested that eating other people after they die could be a means of combatting climate change.

The scientist mentioned the possibility of cannibalism during a broadcast on Swedish television channel TV4 this week about a fair in Stockholm regarding “food of the future”.

Söderlund is set to hold seminars at the event, entitled “Gastro Summit — about the future of food” where he intends to discuss the possibility of eating people in the name of cutting down greenhouse emissions.

According to his research, the main problem with the idea is the widespread taboo of eating human flesh and said that conservative attitudes could make it hard to convince Swedes at large to take up the practice of cannibalism.
    I am staunchly against climate change hysteria but this story is very alarmist. What really happened is that one scientist(behavioural) out of millions of scientist around the world suggested a silly idea about ways to combat climate change and some people are treating it as scientific consensus. Calm down people, they really just want your tax money. They could care less if you eat maggots, danke's cock or red meat.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    I am staunchly against climate change hysteria but this story is very alarmist. What really happened is that one scientist(behavioural) out of millions of scientist around the world suggested a silly idea about ways to combat climate change and some people are treating it as scientific consensus. Calm down people, they really just want your tax money. They could care less if you eat maggots, danke's cock or red meat.
    They could care less...and do.

You are stunningly wrong about this.

It has nothing to do with money.

It has everything to do with genocide on a global scale.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

In my life I've seen people suggest earthworms and crickets as protein sources, and I thought, ew, gross... and so did everyone else.

I've seen people suggest we eat all the highly invasive nutria and silver carp that aren't even supposed to be here... and you know what? If nutria and silver carp are cheap, I'll buy them often.

What I'm *not* going to do, is break one of mankind's oldest and strongest taboos for the prospect of chewing on the thigh meat of an 87 year old who was about 580% of what the slaughtering age would be, and who also sat in his own piss all day for his last 7 years of life.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

They could care less...and do.

You are stunningly wrong about this.

It has nothing to do with money.

It has everything to do with genocide on a global scale.
    Really missing those weapons I lost overboard on that most unfortunate no good very bad day. Here's the coordinates, if anyone watching is interested.

17.7500° N, 142.5000° E

From a related thread: Why is Newsweek running an article about cannibalism?

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Swedish Behavioral Scientist Suggests Eating Humans to ‘Save the Planet’

The “food of the future” may be dead bodies.

A Swedish behavioral scientist has suggested that it may be necessary to turn to cannibalism and start eating humans in order to save the planet.

Appearing on Swedish television to talk about an event based around the “food of the future,” Magnus Söderlund said he would be holding seminars on the necessity of consuming human flesh in order to stop climate change.

Environmentalists blame the meat and farming industry for a large part of what they claim is the warming of the earth.

According to Söderlund, a potential fix would be the Soylent Green-solution of eating dead bodies instead.

He told the host of the show that one of the biggest obstacles to the proposal would be the taboo nature of corpses and the fact that many would see it as defiling the deceased.

Söderlund also acknowledged that people are “slightly conservative” when it comes to eating things they are not accustomed to, such as cadavers.

The discussion took place accompanied by a graphic of human hands on the end of forks. Lovely.

https://summit.news/2019/09/04/swedi...ve-the-planet/
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

you gay?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Gives a new slant to the phrase 'Swedish Meat Balls.'

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    In my life I've seen people suggest earthworms and crickets as protein sources, and I thought, ew, gross... and so did everyone else.
    To that, I always say, feed the earthworm or cricket to a chicken and I will wait until it makes an egg or plump thigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    Gives a new slant to the phrase 'Swedish Meat Balls.'
    I have eaten some Swedish fish.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

I am staunchly against climate change hysteria but this story is very alarmist. [...] Calm down people [...]
    So you are "staunchly against climate change hysteria" - but when a climate-change hysteric proposes cannibalism, it's the people who are alarmed by the suggestion that you tell to "calm down" ...

What really happened is that one scientist (behavioural) out of millions of scientist around the world suggested a silly idea about ways to combat climate change and some people are treating it as scientific consensus.
    Who is "treating it as [if it was] scientific consensus?" I haven't seen anyone doing that.

The only thing I'm seeing is people treating it as (yet more) evidence that climate-change hysterics are deranged lunatics ...

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    So you are "staunchly against climate change hysteria" - but when a climate-change hysteric proposes cannibalism, it's the people who are alarmed by the suggestion that you tell to "calm down" ...

Who is "treating it as [if it was] scientific consensus?" I haven't seen anyone doing that.

The only thing I'm seeing is people treating it as (yet more) evidence that climate-change hysterics are deranged lunatics ...
    He came from a place/culture where they eat people. So it is no big deal for him.
    Last edited by Danke; 09-06-2019 at 02:01 PM.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Supporting Member
    Michigan

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    He came from a place/culture where they eat people. So it is no big deal for him.

And people wonder why I am armed to the teeth.
    Do something Danke

Eating another human being doesn't interest me in the slightest. I certainly don't want to end up with a sore in the middle of my tongue since most cannibals have that.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    And people wonder why I am armed to the teeth.
    This damned Burger King, KFC, and the new "light burgers"concept is pissing me off. It is an attempt to slide veganism in on the now ignorant as hell generations. Their brains are going to shrink and they are too stupid to realize it. It is another attempt to kill off the hominid primate species. These people are absolutely nuts. In the very least it is FRAUD, MISREPRESENTATION, and FALSE ADVERTISEMENT!.

There is nothing meat about the "Impossible burger", A vegetable chunk of "chicken", Or a frozen "light burger". They are diving into deceptive definition changes here and it needs to be exposed hard. It is all false advertisement from the get go. NONE OF IT IS WHAT THEY ARE TRYING TO CLAIM IT TO BE.

Trust me.... Boycotts from my end and emails sent... In the Ron Paul supporter fashion.... This is an attempt to force everyone to be vegan. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN HERE.
    “The ultimate test of a moral society is the kind of world it leaves to its children.” ~ Dietrich Bonhoeffer

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Eating another human being doesn't interest me in the slightest. I certainly don't want to end up with a sore in the middle of my tongue since most cannibals have that.
    And the brain damage , before the tremors and uncontrollable laughter set in .......
    Do something Danke

I don't react when nobodies say silly things. Now if it was someone like a Michael Man or some other noteworthy individual from say NOAA or NASA or even the US govt then I will react but there are lots of people who say crazy things about climate change. You would burn yourself out if you reacted every time one of em says something crazy.

Ok maybe not a scientific consensus, but I have seen this story reported on many news site. They treat him like he is a somebody that mattered. He is nothing more than an attention seeker.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Are you trolling or are you really this dumb? The reason why a cannibal would have sores in their mouth would be because they are stranded on a deserted island with few edible nutritious food(reason why most people turn to cannibalism in the first place) and the sores is due to lack of vitamins. If that is your only concern then I say you take your daily multivitamins and i'll guarantee you that you will not get any mouth sores.

Sailors also used to have mouth sores until they decided to supplement their diet with fruits in the form of citrus.
    Last edited by juleswin; 09-07-2019 at 08:59 AM.

What I'm *not* going to do, is break one of mankind's oldest and strongest taboos for the prospect of chewing on the thigh meat of an 87 year old who was about 580% of what the slaughtering age would be, and who also sat in his own piss all day for his last 7 years of life.
    Aged and marinated.

Ever see the film Logan's Run?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logan's_Run_(film)

In the year 2274, the remnants of human civilization live in a sealed city contained beneath a cluster of geodesic domes, a utopia run by a computer that takes care of all aspects of life, including reproduction. The citizens live a hedonistic life but, to prevent overpopulation, everyone must undergo the rite of "Carrousel" when they reach the age of 30. There, they are killed under the guise of being "renewed.” To track this, each person is implanted at birth with a "life-clock" crystal in the palm of the hand that changes color as they get older and begins blinking as they approach their "Last Day.” Most residents accept this chance for rebirth, but those who do not and attempt to flee the city are known as "Runners.” An elite team of policemen known as "Sandmen,” outfitted in predominantly black uniforms and serving in an agency of the city called "Deep Sleep,” are assigned to pursue and terminate Runners as they try to escape.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Anybody ever read "Stranger in a Strange Land" by Robert A. Heinlein?

Are you trolling or are you really this dumb? The reason why a cannibal would have sores in their mouth would be because they are stranded on a deserted island with few edible nutritious food(reason why most people turn to cannibalism in the first place) and the sores is due to lack of vitamins. If that is your only concern then I say you take your daily multivitamins and i'll guarantee you that you will not get any mouth sores.

Sailors also used to have mouth sores until they decided to supplement their diet with fruits in the form of citrus.
    Kuru is a form of spongiform encephalopathy that is always fatal.

It is caused by humans consuming human flesh.

In it's terminal stage patients often develop chronic ulcerated wounds.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuru_(disease)

I don't react when nobodies say silly things. Now if it was someone like a Michael Man or some other noteworthy individual from say NOAA or NASA or even the US govt then I will react but there are lots of people who say crazy things about climate change. You would burn yourself out if you reacted every time one of em says something crazy.
    How do you think these things start?

Trial balloons are sent up by "nobodies" to gauge reaction...if there is no pushback, then more "noteworthy" people join in.

Kuru is a form of spongiform encephalopathy that is always fatal.

It is caused by humans consuming human flesh.

In it's terminal stage patients often develop chronic ulcerated wounds.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuru_(disease)
    They are spread by eating corpses of infected family members in this manner

Corpses of family members were often buried for days, then exhumed once the corpses were infested with maggots, at which point the corpse would be dismembered and served with the maggots as a side dish
    I wouldn't eat beef this way or maggots for that matter, so my chances of contracting this rare disease as a cannibal is close to zero. Also, you can contract a prion disease from eating cows(mad cow disease) so its not unique to cannibals.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    How do you think these things start?

Trial balloons are sent up by "nobodies" to gauge reaction...if there is no pushback, then more "noteworthy" people join in.
    Unless right wing websites like Breitbart work for the people pushing it. I bet nobody would have heard of this guy if not for all the websites pushing it

They are spread by eating corpses of infected family members in this manner

I wouldn't eat beef this way or maggots for that matter, so my chances of contracting this rare disease as a cannibal is close to zero. Also, you can contract a prion disease from eating cows(mad cow disease) so its not unique to cannibals.
    I am actually expecting an increase in Prion diseases and new ones . In the culture I grew up in any cannibals were to be ruthlessly assassinated . I do not think todays soft cultures are as pro active .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I am actually expecting an increase in Prion diseases and new ones . In the culture I grew up in any cannibals were to be ruthlessly assassinated . I do not think todays soft cultures are as pro active .
    If was gonna eat a human being, I would do it in secret. But yea, I imagine advanced scientific testing and knowledge will catch any new prion disease and shut it down. In my culture, we eat every single part of a cow but we have no cases of prion diseases, this makes me think proper cooking can somehow denature the prion protein to the point that it is no longer viable as a pathogen.
    Last edited by juleswin; 09-07-2019 at 11:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    Ever see the film Logan's Run?
    Aint no sci-fi like 70s sci-fi.

I read your response in the car and thought for a long time on the drive home about the insane robot cliche and how it was a lot more prevalent in the past.

I do wish I could show Logan's Run to my daughter, but I don't know if I will ever be comfortable watching movies with brothel scenes with her.

I think Soylent Green is a bit more on topic, though IIRC the plot there was that it was a post-rape Earth and the soylent products were created because there was no option... Unless you were politically connected, that is. If you haven't seen it, Soylent Green sounds like it will be ruined because you already know the big reveal, but it stands out among 70 s sci fi, and I think it is a sci fi great for all time.

And you also reminded me there is a special edition of thx1138 out there that doesn't look like he butchered it the way he did with the trilogy.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Aint no sci-fi like 70s sci-fi.

I read your response in the car and thought for a long time on the drive home about the insane robot cliche and how it was a lot more prevalent in the past.

I do wish I could show Logan's Run to my daughter, but I don't know if I will ever be comfortable watching movies with brothel scenes with her.

I think Soylent Green is a bit more on topic, though IIRC the plot there was that it was a post-rape Earth and the soylent products were created because there was no option... Unless you were politically connected, that is. If you haven't seen it, Soylent Green sounds like it will be ruined because you already know the big reveal, but it stands out among 70 s sci fi, and I think it is a sci fi great for all time.

And you also reminded me there is a special edition of thx1138 out there that doesn't look like he butchered it the way he did with the trilogy.
    70's dystopian film genre era.

Soylent Green
    Logan's Run
    THX 1138
    Roller Ball
    Sleeper
    Omega Man
    Planet of The Apes

Heres a list of some. Gotta admit I've never seen ZARDOZ?

https://daedalushowell.com/blog/top-...an-70s-movies/

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    Gotta admit I've never seen ZARDOZ
    It's a weird one. It's way more cerebral but you have to get past Sean Connery in a red diaper and thigh boots to realize it.

But it also deals with the topic of dehumanization. Not in the sense of cannibalism, but probably more insidiously.
    Come to think of it, severe dehumanization is probably the thing that makes 70s sci fi what it is.
    And since I just found out my wife never watched Deathrace 2000, thats another one I have to go rewatch.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast