Thread: Why Gold and Silver Got Smashed Today

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The run-up will be volatile.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    The run-up will be volatile.
    Agreed. I think I made the point that the day to day trade can be impacted by "news" but the overall trend of negative rates hasnt changed
    Subscribe to Smaulgld.com

Quote Originally Posted by Smaulgld View Post
    Agreed. I think I made the point that the day to day trade can be impacted by "news" but the overall trend of negative rates hasnt changed
    It was a brutal sell-off. Almost too brutal to be natural.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    It was a brutal sell-off. Almost too brutal to be natural.
    Yes and the increased margin requirement was seemingly times to halt the rally

And there's a certain perception management element that the bankers will want to maintain during the run up. Can't have metals looking too good all the time, lest there becomes less available to continue to fill their own coffers with quietly. They won't be the bagholders of the empty paper promises.

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    And there's a certain perception management element that the bankers will want to maintain during the run up. Can't have metals looking too good all the time, lest there becomes less available to continue to fill their own coffers with quietly. They won't be the bagholders of the empty paper promises.
    That is always part of the equation

Yes and the increased margin requirement was seemingly times to halt the rally
    What margin requirements were raised?

The straight down sell-off in gold was simultaneous with a straight up purchase of the Dow. Seems like some big players did a coordinated switch.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I wonder what's up with "https://www.kitco.com/market/" today. Can't get them, getting a message about amazon cloudfront.

Maybe it's obscured by clouds?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    I wonder what's up with "https://www.kitco.com/market/" today. Can't get them, getting a message about amazon cloudfront.

try http://goldprice.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    Thanks.

I'm wondering if anybody else can get into that site or if it is my computer that's to blame.
    Last edited by Dr.3D; 09-10-2019 at 03:32 PM.

What margin requirements were raised?

The straight down sell-off in gold was simultaneous with a straight up purchase of the Dow. Seems like some big players did a coordinated switch.
    Yes there is reference to the margin increase in the video and blog post.

The app stopped updating at 12:35

The app stopped updating at 12:35
    Thank you, it seems to be back up again.

Ya I had problems with it all day . Must be busy up there on Peel Street in Montreal .
    Do something Danke

Same stuff they did during the 2011 run up. Raise margins to bang the dollar price down temporarily.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Can’t watch Bitchute on my device. Didn’t see any text description either. The hot chick pics are always fun.

Can’t watch Bitchute on my device. Didn’t see any text description either. The hot chick pics are always fun.
    Yes bitchute is limited - ISPs ban it in Australia
    BUT I have begun posting the youtubes in the smaulgld blog posts and videos are also available on You tube
    and the hot chicks are a bonus!