Page 65 of 158 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,950 of 4737

Thread: Cowboys win the NFC

Am I alone when I say that the Super Bowl commercials have been bad the past few years? Last time I remember them being any good was 2013.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Am I alone when I say that the Super Bowl commercials have been bad the past few years? Last time I remember them being any good was 2013.
    I tried to actually watch them- didn't see anything memorable. The big trend was to use celebrities. Lots of them. Otherwise, not much creativity.

Philip Rivers declaring himself a free agent- not a surprise after he moved his family from San Diego (commuting distance to LA which he drove every week last season) to Florida. Chargers have the #6 pick in the draft and many expect them to go for a QB but they would probably like somebody with experience as well to help tutor a rookie.

Rivers is now a free agent. Most likely wants to go somewhere where he has a chance of winning a Super Bowl. Personally I think its too late for him to even get one now.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Rivers is now a free agent. Most likely wants to go somewhere where he has a chance of winning a Super Bowl. Personally I think its too late for him to even get one now.
    If he wants to win a Super Bowl, he will need to sign with a team on the verge of getting there since he probably only has a couple more seasons left unless he becomes a back-up. Chargers did not win a single conference game this year with him as QB. His move to Florida seems to suggest he likes Tampa Bay. Some have suggested the Colts. Or replace Cam Newton at Carolina.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 02-10-2020 at 05:34 PM.

Mark Gastiineau wants his record back- most sacks in a season. He had it from 1984 to 2001 when Brett Favre fell down right in front of Michael Strahan in the final quarter of the final game of the season. All Strahan had to do was touch him. Favre handed Strahan the ball right after the play and many think it was a "gimme" so he could have the record.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...on-sack-record

Gastineau, who was in attendance that day, congratulated Strahan on the field and never has tried to impugn the integrity of the record.

Until now.

"Being nice and being a good sport, that's good, but it's not real," Gastineau said. "In fact, I'm kind of a liar in a way. I feel like there's just something wrong.

"This is on my head all the time. It goes through my head all the time. I want to clear things up."

The obvious question is, why now?

Gastineau, 63, said his advancing age and a recent battle with colon cancer have changed his perspective on life.

He also said he was inspired after hearing a recent interview with disgraced former baseball star Pete Rose, who petitioned MLB commissioner Rob Manfred for reinstatement. Like Rose, Gastineau said he's trying to get what he believes is rightfully his.

"It's a good record and it took me a long time to get that," he said. "It took a lot of work, a lot of work to get that record. So many years I worked my butt off to get it, and I finally got it, and it shouldn't have been cheapened like it was. It's like a tarnished record."

Gastineau said he harbors no ill will toward Favre or Strahan, the former New York Giants star who has become a huge television personality.

"I just want to be recognized for the record," Gastineau said. "You wouldn't want your son getting a record like that. I don't think it's good for the NFL. It was never good for the NFL, and I'm surprised the NFL didn't step in."
    The record has been a source of anguish for Strahan as well. In "A Football Life," a documentary aired in 2013 by the NFL Network, he says, "The sack record is great, absolutely phenomenal, but I almost feel like in a sense it was diminished because everyone goes, 'Oh, Brett Favre gave you a sack.'

"I caught so much flak over it. ... It's not worth it, because everyone looks as if one sack that they question is the defining moment of my career."

Also in that interview, Strahan says, "I love Mark Gastineau. I appreciate him."
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 02-10-2020 at 05:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    If he wants to win a Super Bowl, he will need to sign with a team on the verge of getting there since he probably only has a couple more seasons left unless he becomes a back-up. Chargers did not win a single conference game this year with him as QB. His move to Florida seems to suggest he likes Tampa Bay. Some have suggested the Colts. Or replace Cam Newton at Carolina.
    I think he'd make Tampa Bay a contender.
    Last edited by tebowlives; 02-11-2020 at 11:05 PM.

I have convinced the Redskins and Adrian Peterson to do another season , looking for some big games against the cowboys .
    Do something Danke

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Brees announces hes returned for the 2020-2021 season.

Calvin Coolidge

I expect Brady will be back with the Patriots too.

Bridgewater will leave.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I have convinced the Redskins and Adrian Peterson to do another season , looking for some big games against the cowboys .
    Makes sense. Stockpile RBs and QBs while coming in last. Poor AP

Brees won't quit until he has records that nobody will break.

Calvin Coolidge

Rumors are patriots going after Mariotta and Colts after Rivers .
    Do something Danke

NFL combine started recently. Anybody in this upcoming draft looking like they might be huge stars?

Calvin Coolidge

NFL combine started recently. Anybody in this upcoming draft looking like they might be huge stars?
    CBS signed romo for 17 million a year . Closest thing to a star cowboy fans are going to get .
    Do something Danke

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Deandre Hopkins got traded to the Cardinals. Texans front office must have gotten a case of the coronavirus.

Calvin Coolidge

Tom Brady has announced he is leaving the Patriots.

Calvin Coolidge

Tom Brady has announced he is leaving the Patriots.
    More like he is leaving the NFL. I don't see him signing with any other team especially with this whole virus scare

mariotta to the raiders ?
    Do something Danke

Rivers to the Colts.

Calvin Coolidge

Brady to Tampa Bay

The Cowboys are resigning Dak with a tag. Cooper is resigned at 5 yrs, 100 mil. lol thats a lot
    They have no DBs yet.
    Last edited by tebowlives; 03-17-2020 at 03:20 PM.

Stefon Diggs got traded to the Buffalo Bills.

Calvin Coolidge

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I don't blame him for wanting out of that hell hole. Diggs hasn't been happy ever since they got Cousins. Thielen isn't too fond of him either. It's the poisonous atmosphere that the Viking organization is known for that leads to dissent.

The Vikings agreed to send Diggs and a 2020 seventh-round pick to Buffalo for a first-round pick, a fifth-rounder, a sixth-rounder and a 2021 fourth-round selection.

That's a lot of draft choices they got. Good WRers are plentiful in this draft too. Like most of you out there, I hope this doesn't turn out well, but it easily could.
    Last edited by tebowlives; 03-18-2020 at 02:38 PM.

Bears get Foles .
    Do something Danke

I love Diggs as a player but have my doubts he is a good team mate . Vikings gave up half of the best NFC WR tandem but got enough draft picks to make it worthwhile if they get a superstar with one of them and players that make the team with the rest . Vikings need cornerbacks and Offensive Guards , same positions they were weak on last season . They have enough draft picks to cover it if starting players are out there.
    Last edited by oyarde; 03-18-2020 at 08:16 PM.
    Do something Danke

Todd Gurley signed with the Atlanta Falcons.

Calvin Coolidge

Todd Gurley signed with the Atlanta Falcons.
    Rams paying 7.5 mill and Atlanta paying 6 mil with 2.5 mil of his contract being offset. 1 year I think. 6 million is a decent gamble for Gurley. Arthritic knee I believe. Not too many years left.

Cowboys losing Travis Frederick to retirement is big.

Getting Gerald McCoy and probably Poe is huge and so is Poe. Now if the pot heads are allowed back the DL rotation will be something.