Page 20 of 158 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120 ... LastLast

Thread: Cowboys win the NFC

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    No team should be trying to get Tomlin as their coach. Hes an overrated coach that hasn't done $#@! in the last few years. He drafts all these great players, some of which will be in the HoF, and he can't do anything with them. He's had such a stacked roster with players like Roethlisberger, Antonio Brown, LeVeon Bell, a HoF defense at one point and he can't get them back to the SB. Tomlin should be able to win multiple SBs with the players that hes had. Imagine if Bill Cowher was still the coach of the Steelers and he had all those HoF players. He would have won at least 5-6 SBs with them.
    They have had some real good teams but New England did get in their way a few times. Next to the Patriots, the Steelers may be the next best team over the last 10 years.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by tebowlives View Post
    Philly can't be that good, they just lost to a mediocre team.
    The Rams are a bit of a surprise, I guess the Goff bandwagon was a little premature. Gurley being hurt has't helped. Brown is a good backup runner but lacks the pass catching ability Gurley has.

Russell Wilson is the best QB imo.
    49ers defense has been crushing.
    I watched the Seahawks game and the refs gave them the game. Last catch to seal the game was a drop but the refs gave it to the hawks anyway. Matthew Stafford is the best QB at the moment. A lot of QB play has been sub par so far

The Rams are a bit of a surprise, I guess the Goff bandwagon was a little premature. Gurley being hurt has't helped. Brown is a good backup runner but lacks the pass catching ability Gurley has.

Gurley has not looked the same since he came back from injury last season .
    Do something Danke

Speaking of, one of the unfounded rumors going around. Cowboys trade draft picks for Tomlin.
    Cowboys should take Tomlin .
    Do something Danke

Gurley has not looked the same since he came back from injury last season . Rams O line does not look like it will last the season.
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Gurley has not looked the same since he came back from injury last season .
    He lucked out getting that new contract before he got hurt.

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    One of the biggest complaints in the Cowboy game concerning Garretts coaching was the 2 point conversion with the empty backfield against the blitz. Williams blitzes a lot and they were showing it on that play.

One of the biggest complaints in the Cowboy game concerning Garretts coaching was the 2 point conversion with the empty backfield against the blitz. Williams blitzes a lot and they were showing it on that play.
    When the Cowboys get Tomlin they will run that in for two.
    Do something Danke

Lions have kept Rogers in check pretty much just dropping everyone in coverage.
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Lions have kept Rogers in check pretty much just dropping everyone in coverage.
    Its a good game. A bit of bad luck on the ball bouncing off the Packers face. Rodgers looks like he's heating up. GB receivers aren't really getting separation.

Looks like Packers have lost Geronimo.
    Do something Danke

Refs for the win, another game taken over by the refs. Hands to the shoulder pads in now called as hands to the face

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Refs for the win, another game taken over by the refs. Hands to the shoulder pads in now called as hands to the face
    I just wish it could have ended in a tie .
    Do something Danke

For the record , I don't like empty backfield plays for two point conversions .
    Do something Danke

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    No team should be trying to get Tomlin as their coach. Hes an overrated coach that hasn't done $#@! in the last few years. He drafts all these great players, some of which will be in the HoF, and he can't do anything with them. He's had such a stacked roster with players like Roethlisberger, Antonio Brown, LeVeon Bell, a HoF defense at one point and he can't get them back to the SB. Tomlin should be able to win multiple SBs with the players that hes had. Imagine if Bill Cowher was still the coach of the Steelers and he had all those HoF players. He would have won at least 5-6 SBs with them.
    The only thing Tomlin is good at is losing challenges and poor clock management. Wish he’d go to Washington
    "Nobody wins in a Dairy Challenge" ~ Kenny Rogers, RIP

"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest." ~ anonymous

“The fate of all mankind I see
    Is in the hands of fools” ~ King Crimson

The results are official. Anti G and oyarde pick up their 2nd win and yours truly gets his first, as predicted.

Anti G tebow oyarde juleswin winner
    Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots
    Buccaneers Buccaneers Buccaneers Panthers
    Seahawks Seahawks Seahawks Seahawks Seahawks
    Chiefs Chiefs Chiefs Chiefs Texans
    Redskins Redskins Dolphins Redskins Redskins
    Saints Saints Saints Saints Saints
    Vikings Vikings Vikings Eagles Vikings
    Ravens Ravens Ravens Ravens Ravens
    Cardinals Cardinals Cardinals Falcons Cardinals
    Rams Rams 49ers 49ers 49ers
    Cowboys Cowboys Cowboys Cowboys Jets
    Broncos Broncos Broncos Broncos Broncos
    Chargers Chargers Chargers Chargers Steelers
    Packers Packers Packers Lions Packers
    +9 +9 +9 +7

Wins
    Anti G -2
    oyarde -2
    acptulsa -1
    juleswin -1
    tebow - 1
    Last edited by tebowlives; 10-15-2019 at 02:15 PM.

Week 7 games. Deadline for picks is Sunday noon central. The Thursday Game this week is an old AFL rivalry. The Dallas Texans franchise takes on the Denver Broncos franchise.

Chiefs @ Broncos
    Raiders @ Packers
    49ers @ Redskins
    Cardinals @ Giants
    Rams @ Falcons
    Dolphins @ Bills
    Jaguars @ Bengals
    Texans @ Colts
    Vikings @ Lions
    Chargers @ Titans
    Ravens @ Seahawks
    Saints @ Bears
    Eagles @ Cowboys
    Patriots @ Jets

Week 7 games. Deadline for picks is Sunday noon central. The Thursday Game this week is an old AFL rivalry. The Dallas Texans franchise takes on the Denver Broncos franchise.

Chiefs @ Broncos
    Raiders @ Packers
    49ers @ Redskins
    Cardinals @ Giants
    Rams @ Falcons
    Dolphins @ Bills
    Jaguars @ Bengals
    Texans @ Colts
    Vikings @ Lions
    Chargers @ Titans
    Ravens @ Seahawks
    Saints @ Bears
    Eagles @ Cowboys
    Patriots @ Jets
    Dallas wins, driven by pure hatred, despite their increasingly obvious deficiencies

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Dallas wins, driven by pure hatred, despite their increasingly obvious deficiencies
    Maybe the home field advantage will help.
    They played the last game missing both tackles, their slot receiver, and their #1 WRer went out early in the first quarter. If they don't come back for this game, Philly will take it. Especially the way they are shutting down the run.

Maybe the home field advantage will help.
    They played the last game missing both tackles, their slot receiver, and their #1 WRer went out early in the first quarter. If they don't come back for this game, Philly will take it. Especially the way they are shutting down the run.
    The passing sucked before Cooper went out.

And Dallas usually has a home field disadvantage (the theory is that the stadium is so nice the fans don't pay much attention to the game, lol).

Nonetheless, I see a win - Dallas gets extra motivated against Filthy.

Quote Originally Posted by sam1952 View Post
    The only thing Tomlin is good at is losing challenges and poor clock management. Wish he’d go to Washington
    See the problem with the way Snyder thinks is he thinks it's a coaching problem. That's one piece. It's a complete systems problem. His entire organization is run by morons. Bruce Allen is a dumpster fire and completely clueless. Tomlin was successful because Pittsburgh is a great organization and he was a good coach. That's not Washington. You're probably right though that he will go there. There are probably 10 great organizations in the NFL. But not many in the NFC East.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Something tells me none of the team in the AFC North will have positive records by the time the regular season is over.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Chiefs , Packers , 49ers , Giants , Rams , Bills , Jags , Colts , Vikings , Chargers, Seahawks , Bears , Eagles , Pats
    Do something Danke

Chiefs
    Packers
    49ers
    Giants
    Rams
    Bills
    Jaguars
    Colts
    Lions
    Chargers
    Seahawks
    Bears
    Eagles - may change this based on the injury report
    Patriots
    Last edited by tebowlives; 10-15-2019 at 08:07 PM.

The passing sucked before Cooper went out.

And Dallas usually has a home field disadvantage (the theory is that the stadium is so nice the fans don't pay much attention to the game, lol).

Nonetheless, I see a win - Dallas gets extra motivated against Filthy.
    Cooper played 3 snaps, that's it. We saw how much of a difference he made when he joined the team last year.
    I don't know who told you that about Jerry World
    Home record the last 4 years
    2-1
    7-1
    3-5
    7-1

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    See the problem with the way Snyder thinks is he thinks it's a coaching problem. That's one piece. It's a complete systems problem. His entire organization is run by morons. Bruce Allen is a dumpster fire and completely clueless. Tomlin was successful because Pittsburgh is a great organization and he was a good coach. That's not Washington. You're probably right though that he will go there. There are probably 10 great organizations in the NFL. But not many in the NFC East.
    Allen hasn't been a plus. Rumors on the last draft, once again a QB is forced on a coach who didn't want him. Just like when RG3 was forced on Shanahan. Getting Keenum to start with Alex Smith looking to come back by 2020. They like McCoy because he knows the system. Even though he stares down receivers. So why draft a QB in round 1? I think Hastings will eventually be decent enough but don't see him as a 1st rounder
    Last edited by tebowlives; 10-15-2019 at 08:25 PM.

Cooper played 3 snaps, that's it.
    No, it was more than the first 3 and out.

We saw how much of a difference he made when he joined the team last year.
    There are lots of people who deeply regret throwing out Dez.

The people who blame all passing failures on everybody but the passer don't have this view.

I don't know who told you that about Jerry World
    Home record the last 4 years
    2-1
    7-1
    3-5
    7-1
    I watch the games...

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    Allen hasn't been a plus. Rumors on the last draft, once again a QB is forced on a coach who didn't want him. Just like when RG3 was forced on Shanahan. Getting Keenum to start with Alex Smith looking to come back by 2020. They like McCoy because he knows the system. Even though he stares down receivers. So why draft a QB in round 1? I think Hastings will eventually be decent enough but don't see him a a 1st rounder. Maybe Doug Williams being a QB influenced that draft?

Scot McCloughan may have been a drunk but he's better than what they have now

No, it was more than the first 3 and out.
    box score with the snaps
    https://www.pro-football-reference.c...1910130nyj.htm

There are lots of people who deeply regret throwing out Dez.

The people who blame all passing failures on everybody but the passer don't have this view.

I watch the games...
    Dez was a cancer who wore out his welcome and didn't produce for what he was getting paid for the last 3 years. Hardly anyone went after him when he was released. Plus his monkey crapped everywhere.

Something tells me none of the team in the AFC North will have positive records by the time the regular season is over.
    Ravens are 4-2 and could stay above .500 by beating up on the other teams in their division. They have a tough schedule coming up so you may be right. *
    I don't see Lamar Jackson lasting too much longer if he keeps running the ball a ton. They'll go down if he goes out. And as much as I dislike RG3 he is a good fit to backup in that offense but I don't see him as a winning QB

*Besides division opponents the weakest team record wise is the 3-3 Rams and the 1-4 Jets who are alot better than their record now that their QB is back.
    Last edited by tebowlives; 10-15-2019 at 08:39 PM.

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.