Page 141 of 158 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143151 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,230 of 4724

Thread: Cowboys win the NFC

Cowboys can at least celebrate they were the team that put Brady into retirement.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by tebowlives View Post
    No one cares. You're either first or you're last.
    Kinda like the Cowboys
    "Nobody wins in a Dairy Challenge" ~ Kenny Rogers, RIP

"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest." ~ anonymous

“The fate of all mankind I see
    Is in the hands of fools” ~ King Crimson

Quote Originally Posted by sam1952 View Post
    Kinda like the Cowboys
    But much more so like that team that didn't make the playoffs with the coach who has less on the ball than the fake Lurch who is a Senator for that same state

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1624973566461771777

Last edited by acptulsa; 02-14-2023 at 12:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

But much more so like that team that didn't make the playoffs with the coach who has less on the ball than the fake Lurch who is a Senator for that same state
    Ha, believe me, Tomlin is not that well respected in Pittsburgh. Poor time management, dink and dunk offensive, poor challenge record. I could go on.

Now it’s hitting below the belt to pick on poor John… the guy literally just got out of the hospital to get back to the Senate today.

Of course typical Cowboy fan to divert the attention away from their own failures

"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest." ~ anonymous

I don't have no pay tv, and the channel kept messing up. So I tunes the radio into old reliable, WLW in Cincinnati Ohio. I hear Kevin Harlan calling the game on Westwood One. He's a great announcer, so I don't mind listening (even tho Burkhardt and Olson are ok). The funny thing is that the radio feed was 8 seconds ahead of the tv feed.

I notice this when racing is on. Sometimes the tv be ahead, but mostly the radio is ahead. Even radio stations vary from one another. The internet feeds are 30 seconds behind.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

I saw a graphic showing Andy Reid is one of 14 coaches winning multiple Super Bowls. Trivia: Can you name the others?

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    I saw a graphic showing Andy Reid is one of 14 coaches winning multiple Super Bowls. Trivia: Can you name the others?
    Belichick
    Carroll
    Coughlin
    Gibbs
    Landry
    Lombardi
    Noll
    Parcells
    Shanahan
    Shula
    Walsh

dunno the others

Belichick
    Carroll
    Coughlin
    Gibbs
    Landry
    Lombardi
    Noll
    Parcells
    Shanahan
    Shula
    Walsh

dunno the others
    Carroll definitely doesn't have two.

Without cheating, I would say Jimmy Johnson which puts it at 12 and George Seifert which puts it at 13. Stumped on the last. I guessed maybe Holmgrem but he only has one. Pretty certain John Madden only has one. Seems like it has to be someone less recent.

Just looked now. It was Tom Flores. Would have never gotten that.

Seasons over. Who will buy the Redskins? Byron Allen? Jeff Bezos and Jay-Z?
    Eric Bieniemy new hire

https://www.hogshaven.com/2023/2/17/...been-submitted
    Last edited by tebowlives; 02-18-2023 at 12:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    I got 12/14. I blanked on Flores, and just guessed Madden had two.

I figured Reeves was before the Elway titles, but picked him anyway because I totally blanked on Shanahan.

Trivia question - Name all the Super Bowls the Vikings have won.

Vikings , winner of 1969 NFL Championship game 27 - 7 and on the Browns 2 yard line when they let time expire. Vikings lead 24 - 0 with about 4 1/2 min to half, Vikings defense entered giving up 9 1/2 points per game and entered the game as 9 point favorites. Cleveland got into the game with an upset blowout of dallas cowboys at The Cotton Bowl 38 -14. Of the four Expansion teams entering in the 1960's the Vikings were the only Champion as cowboys lost two title games to Packers in '66 and '67
    Do something Danke

The Browns going to the AFC in 1970 helped Dallas a ton. From 1965-1970 the Browns played them pretty much even.
    In 1969 Dallas lost 3 games that year including the playoffs. A 1 point loss to the Rams and 2 losses to Cleveland by 24 and 32

Blanton Collier was the Browns coach from '63-'70. 1 Championship and an overall record of 76-34-2 .691 8th highest winning percentage. 6th highest after WW2. Hardly anyone has heard of him

Trivia question - Name all the Super Bowls the Vikings have won.
    None?

Lost to the Raiders in 77.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Derek Carr signs 4 year deal with the Saints.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    None?

Lost to the Raiders in 77.
    correct
    Chiefs in '69 season
    Dolphins in '73 season
    Steelers in '74 season

That was long ago. Too bad they are going to miss the playoffs this coming season

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Derek Carr signs 4 year deal with the Saints.
    Winston and the Red Rifle did well enough last year and that was with WRers Landry and Thomas missing 8 and 14 games. Kamara is headed for legal trouble. They need a running back.
    https://apnews.com/article/alvin-kam...634a5abf8c9aa4

Bud Grant passes away at 95 . First Eagle reciever to go over 200 yards the yr after he won a NBA championship playing in 11 playoff games for Lakers. Won 11 division titles as Vikings coach after a stellar career in Canada. Rams trade Jalen Ramsey to Dolphins.
    Do something Danke

"Thielen provided the perfect clutch alternative to Jefferson as teams tried to double the superstar whenever possible. But a $19.97 million cap hit was too much for the Vikings going into 2023. They are projected to be $14 million over the cap as it currently stands and cutting Thielen will now save them nearly $6 million toward their total."

What kind of an organization can't manage their money? They budget worse than our Federal government.

Ezekiel Elliott released from the Cowboys.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Ezekiel Elliott released from the Cowboys.
    Jones screwed up by rewriting his contract and giving him more. DB Stephon Gilmore was a nice signing.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Bud Grant passes away at 95 . First Eagle reciever to go over 200 yards the yr after he won a NBA championship playing in 11 playoff games for Lakers. Won 11 division titles as Vikings coach after a stellar career in Canada. Rams trade Jalen Ramsey to Dolphins.
    "Grant was named the Vikings’ head coach on March 11, 1967 and was part of the brain trust for the draft three days later. After Baltimore took defensive lineman Bubba Smith from Michigan State, the Vikings went with another Spartan, halfback Clint Jones. With the eighth pick in the draft (Minnesota’s own draft choice), the Vikings took end Gene Washington, also from Michigan State. (The Houston Oilers had drafted linebacker George Webster of the Spartans with the fifth choice in the draft, making it four Michigan State players taken in the first eight picks).

Now that the Vikings had Jones, halfback Tommy Mason was expendable. The first overall NFL draft choice in 1961, Mason had a number of good years with Minnesota but his knees were giving out. He played in only seven games because of knee problems in 1966 and his best years were behind him. At the time of the draft, Mason was in a hospital in Oklahoma City recovering from his most recent knee operation. Even so, the Vikings were able to trade Mason to the Los Angeles Rams for end Marlin McKeever and the Rams’ 1967 first-round draft choice, which was coming up. With Los Angeles’s draft choice—the 15th overall pick—the Vikings selected defensive lineman Alan Page from Notre Dame. Using the second-round pick they had acquired from the Giants, the Vikings took halfback-flanker Bob Grim from Oregon State.

In the 1968 draft, the Vikings used the bonus pick from the Giants to draft offensive lineman Ron Yary from the University of Southern California. They also traded McKeever—whom they had acquired from the Rams for Mason—to Washington for safety Paul Krause.

A better quarterback was needed and the Vikings pulled it off with another trade with the Giants in early 1972, getting Tarkenton back in exchange for draft picks and a few players. One was Bob Grim, who had first come to Minnesota in 1967 in the initial Tarkenton trade"
    Last edited by tebowlives; 05-20-2023 at 01:15 PM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    1 Mazi Smith Michigan DT
    2 Luke Schoonmaker Michigan TE
    3 DeMarvion Overshown Texas ILB

These are the ones to get acquainted with. They will shine on Americas team this season. Adding more to the 2nd best defense in the NFC

RB Ronald Jones - veteran influence
    RB Deuce Vaughn 5'5" 180 lb from Kansas State will be interesting to watch.
    RB Malik Davis did okay but he didn't play much.
    Last edited by tebowlives; 05-10-2023 at 09:31 PM.

Aaron Rodgers traded to the New York Jets.

Calvin Coolidge

Aaron Rodgers traded to the New York Jets.
    The Jets are in a tough division. Their defense might be the best in the AFC or at least on par with the Bills. Young Garrett Wilson was their only good wide receiver last year. Adding Cobb and Lazard helps

Colts 33 Vikings 0 half ends
    Forgot about this game. I just tuned in
    First series for the Vikings 3rd and 18 after a sack Cousins had to scramble to the left and throw it away. Colts fumble the punt but fall on it
    Colts punt
    Vikings loose 6 on a reverse but a ticky tacky taunting call gives them a 1st and 10 Cousins throws a nice TD pass 33-7.

Colts quick drive for a FG 36-7 6 min left in the 3rd Q. Vikings TD drive 36-14 1:13 left in 3rd Q
    Quick TD drive 36-21 13 minutes left
    Cousins throws a pic to the 2 with 8 minutes left
    Cousins to Thielen 36-28 5:30 left
    Cook 64 yd TD screen pass, 2 pointer 36-36 2:15 left
    OT
    Greg Joseph 40 yard field goal good 39-36 Vikings
    Last edited by tebowlives; 05-20-2023 at 01:14 PM.

Matt Ryan is joining CBS Sports as an analyst.

Calvin Coolidge

Name the first soccer style kicker who played in the AFL/NFL?
    btw none were in the AAFC

Jim Fraser Denver Broncos. In the early 1960s he kicked off a bit and in 1962 had a couple of extra points
    Last edited by tebowlives; 06-09-2023 at 05:31 PM.