Thread: Beware (And Prepare): The American Empire Is Collapsing

Beware (And Prepare): The American Empire Is Collapsing

Beware (And Prepare): The American Empire Is Collapsing

When empires fall, they do not go down gracefully. The collapse is sudden and the consequences are permanent. Like the schoolyard bully who is finally defeated, his former victims and enemies revel in his fall. The US empire is now teetering on such a collapse. The signs are all around us. Aggressive US foreign policy, self-destructive monetary policy that debases the currency and hides inflation, a monstrous national and individual debt load. The writing is on the wall and the wise are preparing. What can we do?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    self-destructive monetary policy that debases the currency and hides inflation

What does that even mean? How does the Federal Reserve debase the currency and at the same time hide inflation? Inflation is a monetary phenomenon, at least that is what the economists Ron says he likes thinks.

The Dollar Index just made multyear highs today. You can't really hide the market value. The market is the ultimate arbiter of what something is worth not Ron's gut feelings. https://www.wsj.com/articles/chinas-...de-11567489502

I remember Peter Schiff talking about the Big Mac Index during the financial crisis to show how worthless the Dollar was. For some strange reason, I don't hear him mention the Big Mac Index anymore. https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/12/inves...dex/index.html
    Last edited by Krugminator2; 09-03-2019 at 08:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    What does that even mean? How does the Federal Reserve debase the currency and at the same time hide inflation? Inflation is a monetary phenomenon, at least that is what the economists Ron says he likes thinks.

The Dollar Index just made multyear highs today. You can't really hide the market value. The market is the ultimate arbiter of what something is worth not Ron's gut feelings. https://www.wsj.com/articles/chinas-...de-11567489502

I remember Peter Schiff talking about the Big Mac Index during the financial crisis to show how worthless the Dollar was. For some strange reason, I don't hear him mention the Big Mac Index anymore. https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/12/inves...dex/index.html
    Granted, that sentence was not as clear as it could have been, and it was not written by Ron Paul. Artificially low interest rates make it appear that inflation is low. Manipulated government statistics hide inflation.

Do you seriously want to measure the US dollar only against the Chinese Yuan and call it a day? Certainly that is important when exchanging one piece of paper for another, but not against things that are purchased with that money.

Measure the dollar’s value against something consistent. A dozen eggs. A Big Mac or Whopper. A 12 pack of Budweiser. An ounce of Kellogg’s Raisin Bran (which reminds me that the size of the Whooper has not remained constant). An equivalent car or house over time. An equivalent acre of land.

Gold and silver are classic comparisons, but due to that fact, they are manipulated and volatile. But look at it over time, and it’s clear that the dollar declines in comparison.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

So what exactly is the time frame for when we can expect our empire will collapse?
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    So what exactly is the time frame for when we can expect our empire will collapse?
    The day after tomorrow.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

These end of times prognostications have been popping up almost quarterly since 1928,
    Economic collapse, WWIII, etc, if you want to really dial into a prognosticator that has
    about' never gotten it right but build an empire on his predictions , just look up
    Gerald Celente, I don't believe he could accurately tell you what day will follow Saturday.....

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    The day after tomorrow.
    My favorite bar used to have a sign that said Free Beer Tomorrow on the wall.
    Do something Danke

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Granted, that sentence was not as clear as it could have been, and it was not written by Ron Paul. Artificially low interest rates make it appear that inflation is low. Manipulated government statistics hide inflation.

Do you seriously want to measure the US dollar only against the Chinese Yuan and call it a day? Certainly that is important when exchanging one piece of paper for another, but not against things that are purchased with that money.

Measure the dollar’s value against something consistent. A dozen eggs. A Big Mac or Whopper. A 12 pack of Budweiser. An ounce of Kellogg’s Raisin Bran (which reminds me that the size of the Whooper has not remained constant). An equivalent car or house over time. An equivalent acre of land.

Gold and silver are classic comparisons, but due to that fact, they are manipulated and volatile. But look at it over time, and it’s clear that the dollar declines in comparison.

Of course the dollar declines. All currencies decline because central banks have inflationary monetary policies. But Ron's whole point is the world is going to go to hell because the dollar will become as worthless as toilet paper.

Comparing currencies matters because people have to use something as a medium of exchange. If people don't use the dollar, what is the alternative? I watched the interview somebody posted with Steve Bannon and Kyle Bass. They made an interesting point that China doesn't let other countries use the Yuan because the country is probably a Ponzi scheme and they don't have near the wealth the are reporting. They made the point China desperately needs a "hard" currency like the dollar. China really does fell like Enron or Madoff the way they have shown growth so smoothly and consistently.

I have a contrarian viewpoint in that I think for people who aren't putting someone through college or who don't have major health care expenses, inflation is actually OVERSTATED and manipulated upwards. Think how cheap gas is compared to what it was 10 years ago. So many things are much cheaper than used to be. Tennis shoes and clothing are cheaper, accountants are no longer needed because of cheap tax software, Google Maps and the Google itself being able to find things so easily eliminated the need for expensive experts and encyclopedias, Amazon and eBay have made books and other products a fraction of the cost that they once were.

All I am saying is I don't think the world is anywhere near coming to an end. I think the US is in a much better position. Banks and housing in the US is in a much stronger position that most of the world. It is easy to be bearish on America. But it has always paid to bet on the US. The US survived FDR and his massive deficits and government controls. The country moved massively away from freedom. We had 90% tax rates and you couldn't own gold and the country ultimately survived when better ideas rose to the top. Freedom is always a good idea and I think enough Americans will gravitate back toward it because it is the DNA of the country.

My empire will flourish .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    I have a contrarian viewpoint in that I think for people who aren't putting someone through college or who don't have major health care expenses, inflation is actually OVERSTATED and manipulated upwards. Think how cheap gas is compared to what it was 10 years ago. So many things are much cheaper than used to be. Tennis shoes and clothing are cheaper, accountants are no longer needed because of cheap tax software, Google Maps and the Google itself being able to find things so easily eliminated the need for expensive experts and encyclopedias, Amazon and eBay have made books and other products a fraction of the cost that they once were...
    Depends upon what product you want to measure and track. Essential things like food, housing, transportation and medical have inflated dramatically.

Alan Greenspan admitted that the technique he advocated to offset monetary inflation was outsourcing to China or other cheap third world nations. Thus your shoes, cloths and many other products did not inflate. But it is a pyramid scheme. Eventually you run out of cheaper labor, and if people are unemployed or underemployed in the US, they can no longer consume (except if Andrew Yang prints more money and gives some to everyone).

All I am saying is I don't think the world is anywhere near coming to an end. ...
    I’ll agree there. But pyramid schemes and fiat currencies eventually crash. That is inevitable, and that is Ron Paul’s point.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    To some ,, it appears to be underway.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    My favorite bar used to have a sign that said Free Beer Tomorrow on the wall.
    Coral Isle ?

Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Coral Isle ?

No , but that one looks good .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    No , but that one looks good .
    I believe it has gone into history as well. Further proof of collapse
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom