Thread: DOD Developing Program to Combat ‘Disinformation’

DOD Developing Program to Combat ‘Disinformation’

DOD Developing Program to Combat ‘Disinformation’
    By Dave DeCamp - September 1, 2019

The US military may soon be deciding what is considered fake news on social media. The Defense Advanced Research Project Agency (DARPA), an agency of the US Department of Defense, announced the development of a new program to combat “disinformation” on social media.

The Semantic Forensics program will “develop technologies to automatically detect, attribute, and characterize falsified, multi-modal media assets (e.g., text, audio, image, video) to defend against large-scale, automated disinformation attacks.”
    The program is likely a reaction to the claim by Robert Mueller that the Russian company, the Internet Research Agency (IRA), led a social media campaign with the aim of “sowing discord” to help President Trump get elected. Although Mueller claimed the IRA was taking orders from the Kremlin, he provided no real evidence to link the IRA to the Russian government.
    More: https://news.antiwar.com/2019/09/01/...isinformation/
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    One of my brain children . Fake news detector.
    Do something Danke

I have no problem with them trying to correct bad information, I have a real problem with them deciding what is and isn’t “fake news.”

The only salvation for mankind is a mass EMP and total reset.

It's here, hitting you in the facebook. Where is the ACLU now?

It's the government's role to protect you. Whether it be to your inability to be discerning because of a job, dealing w/ kids and family life, or simply getting stoned, someone needs the full time job of protecting you. Don't you worry about it. We'll take some money from your paycheck. Don't worry about it. We've been doing it from your first job. You've learned to live on what we left you.
    Of course there was a little matter. That being is that it just costs so damn much to protect you.
    So all that money we took from you? Well, it wasn't enough. So we kept taking loans out based on what we thought your sons, daughters and grandsons' and daughters, would pay. Pay it forward! Think about the next generation. Or the one after...................

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    The only salvation for mankind is a mass EMP and total reset.
    DOD vs. SMOD ...
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    DOD vs. SMOD ...
    I'd rather not the SMOD. Because that is extinction. I'd prefer multiple coronal mass ejections that just destroy every bit of modern electronics. There will be a healthy culling and reset. But not an end all.

DOD Minipax Developing Program to Combat ‘Disinformation’

The US military Ministry of Peace may soon be deciding what is considered fake news on social media. [...]
    So what does the Ministry of Truth think about all this - is it a "turf war" or are they "leveraging synergies" ... ?

So what does the Ministry of Truth think about all this - is it a "turf war" or are they "leveraging synergies" ... ?
    MiniTrue will probably be fine with it so long as MiniPeace keeps throwing in millions in ad revenue for ads that never really see the light of day.

It's the government's role to protect you. Whether it be to your inability to be discerning because of a job, dealing w/ kids and family life, or simply getting stoned, someone needs the full time job of protecting you. Don't you worry about it. We'll take some money from your paycheck. Don't worry about it. We've been doing it from your first job. You've learned to live on what we left you.
    Of course there was a little matter. That being is that it just costs so damn much to protect you.
    So all that money we took from you? Well, it wasn't enough. So we kept taking loans out based on what we thought your sons, daughters and grandsons' and daughters, would pay. Pay it forward! Think about the next generation. Or the one after...................
    In the near future Ron Paulers with their quaint notions of liberty will be labeled a fringe element prone to conspiracy theories and questions about the Fed, sooner or later best rounded up and sent to re-education.

I'd rather not the SMOD. Because that is extinction. I'd prefer multiple coronal mass ejections that just destroy every bit of modern electronics. There will be a healthy culling and reset. But not an end all.
    I just watched that video of a South African man getting burned to death while a crowd taunted him and threw $#@! at him. In this particular moment SMOD seems to be the better option.

Quote Originally Posted by James_Madison_Lives View Post
    In the near future Ron Paulers with their quaint notions of liberty will be labeled a fringe element prone to conspiracy theories and questions about the Fed, sooner or later best rounded up and sent to re-education.
    I’m not convinced that we have to wait for the “future” to see this. There have already been involuntary psych commitments that we have heard about, fought against, and in many cases got them freed. What about the ones we haven’t heard about?

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    I just watched that video of a South African man getting burned to death while a crowd taunted him and threw $#@! at him. In this particular moment SMOD seems to be the better option.
    Glen, you cannot tell me you have never seen video or pictures, or read accounts, of equally horrendous proportion. Humankind has been doing it as long as there is history to document it and well before.

SMOD isn't in the card for your religious belief. Ascension is. And I'm fine with that. At least it would lend some definition to this miasma.

So, barring that, I prefer EMP. No government. No nations. Humans back to be co-operating human's. Because life depends on it.

Glen, you cannot tell me you have never seen video or pictures, or read accounts, of equally horrendous proportion. Humankind has been doing it as long as there is history to document it and well before.

SMOD isn't in the card for your religious belief. Ascension is. And I'm fine with that. At least it would lend some definition to this miasma.

So, barring that, I prefer EMP. No government. No nations. Humans back to be co-operating human's. Because life depends on it.
    yeah, I’ve seen it. Horribly murdering people is nothing new. God has way, way more patience with the human race than I do. Thank God He is God and I am not, because I’d have burned us savages off this planet millennia ago except for those of us like you and some others who do ultimately operate in love.

If I was the guy in charge, souls like ours would never have had a chance to be, because I’d have probably shut this trash down during the Spanish Inquisition.

The takeaway here is it’s a good thing God is God and I am not.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If one AI Big Brother is good, several must be better. Although Minitrue will want a blacklist and whitelist that they can manually control no matter what the AI thinks.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    yeah, I’ve seen it. Horribly murdering people is nothing new. God has way, way more patience with the human race than I do. Thank God He is God and I am not, because I’d have burned us savages off this planet millennia ago except for those of us like you and some others who do ultimately operate in love.

If I was the guy in charge, souls like ours would never have had a chance to be, because I’d have probably shut this trash down during the Spanish Inquisition.

The takeaway here is it’s a good thing God is God and I am not.
    That's key my friend. Operating in love. And you will have to find it in your faith. Bonus, your faith demands this of you. Absolutely. So, you'll just have to surrender on that particular accord. My personal faith demands it too.
    But, both of us believe in Biblical justice. I've never taken a life. But, I would. I know it. If it needed to be done.
    I grew up Lutheran. Confirmed, baptized and all that Holy indoctrination. I can't say that it didn't leave a foundation. In my late teens I turned to the Norse mythology. Not so bad when you suss it out.
    Now, I'm just sitting here. Me. Me and Nature's God.
    And I'm fine with that. Pretty sure I have a solid concept in right, wrong, moral, immoral.
    And maybe I am the anomaly. That this whole $#@! show is normal and should be perfectly acceptable.
    There's that I suppose.
    But, from my perspective I just don't see it.

If one AI Big Brother is good, several must be better. Although Minitrue will want a blacklist and whitelist that they can manually control no matter what the AI thinks.
    I could never tolerate inaccurate hate speech against our public servants at the Fed who after all are just trying to make our lives better.

DOD Developing Program to Combat ‘Disinformation’ with 'Lies' .

Quote Originally Posted by James_Madison_Lives View Post
    I could never tolerate inaccurate hate speech against our public servants at the Fed who after all are just trying to make our lives better.
    Well, if the Ministry of Peace gets to use anti-crimethink 'bots, then the Ministry of Plenty should have some, too ...

Subject discussed by Daniel McAdams at the 12:45 mark:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUzkdfy8GWg

DHS ... FEC ... at this point, they should just go ahead and officially create a new three-letter agency ... call it FGT ...
    FGT?

That will probably happen at some point. Minitrue is currently diversified across a multitude of public and private entities with a shared agenda of advancing a leftist global totalitarian empire. It will have to be consolidated at some point.

It would be a new Federal Agency as a central command (Minitrue headquarters), and political commissars assigned to direct activities at the “private” affiliate organizations such as Google, Twitter, Facebook, PayPal, various financial institutions, ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, MSNBC, Fox, etc.

They might as well start it by merging the FEC and FCC, and move over the appropriate personnel from other agencies like FBI, CIA, DHS, DOD, etc.

Regulatory capture will become a model, not a negative side effect. Feedback from political commissars will be an integral part of the relationships at the beginning, until such time that the central power becomes a full blown totalitarian organization. Eventually, the little people out there at the private organizations that so gleefully want this to happen will eventually be some of the primary victims of the monster they create.

But as you brought up, it would be a turf war at the start. None of those agencies will give up power, budget or personnel willingly.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    FGT?
    Facebook-Google-Twitter

Not very imaginative, I know.

Perhaps the people who designed the seal for the Information Awareness Office can come up with something more appropriate ...

Does that include fake news/disinformation coming from the State as well?
    ''There were four million people in the American Colonies and we had Jefferson and Franklin. Now we have over 300 million and the two top guys are Trump and Biden. What can you draw from this? Darwin was wrong.'' ~ Mort Sahl