Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 55

Thread: Forget the Russians: Itís the Federal Reserve Seeking to Meddle in Our Elections

  1. #1

    Forget the Russians: Itís the Federal Reserve Seeking to Meddle in Our Elections

    Forget the Russians: Itís the Federal Reserve Seeking to Meddle in Our Elections

    written by ron paul monday september 2, 2019

    Ron Paul - Forget the Russians: Itís the Federal Reserve Seeking to Meddle in Our Elections
    IMAGE CREDITS: CAROLINE BREHMAN/CQ ROLL CALL.

    The US Constitution never granted the federal government authority to create a central bank. The Founders, having lived through hyperinflation themselves, understood that government should never have a printing press at its disposal. But from the very beginning of Americaís founding, the desire for a crony central bank was strong.

    In fact, two attempts were made at creating a permanent central bank in America prior to the creation of the Fed. Fortunately, the charter for The First Bank was allowed to expire in 1811, and President Andrew Jackson closed down the Second Bank in 1833.

    But, unfortunately, a third attempt was successful and the Federal Reserve was unconstitutionally created by Congress in 1913. Americans have been living under a corrupt and immoral monetary system ever since. The Federal Reserve is the printing press that has financed the creation of the largest government to ever exist. Endless welfare and endless military spending are both made possible by the Federal Reserve. The Fed can just print the money for whatever the US establishment wants, so those of us who long for a Constitutional and limited government have few tools at our disposal.

    Despite all the propaganda claiming ďindependence,Ē the Fed has always been a deeply political institution. Because the Fed is a government-created monopoly with key government-appointed employees, its so-called ďindependenceĒ is a mere fiction. However, the US Congress created the Fed with legislation; it can also abolish the Fed with legislation.

    Last week, the facade of Federal Reserve ďindependenceĒ was dealt a severe blow. Ironically, the person who broadcast to the world that the Fed is anything but ďindependentĒ was ex-New York Fed President Bill Dudley. Dudley wrote that, ďTrumpís re-election arguably presents a threat to the United Statesí and global economy, and if the goal of monetary policy is to achieve the best long-term economic outcome, the Fedís officials should consider how their decisions would affect the political outcome of 2020.Ē

    The timing of Dudleyís threats to use Fed monetary policy to affect the outcome of a US election couldnít come at a more striking time. After all, for more than two solid years Americans have been bombarded with fabricated stories about Russians rigging our elections. And yet here is a Federal Reserve official threatening to do the same exact thing Ė but this time for real!

    Whether itís the mainstream media, the CIA, the FBI, or now the Federal Reserve, more and more Americans are waking up to the fact that there is a Deep State in America and its interests have nothing to do with American liberty. In fact, our liberty is what the Deep State wants to abolish.

    When it comes to the Federal Reserve, I stand firmly by my conviction that it needs to be audited and then ended as soon as possible.

    Americaís Founders were not perfect. They were human beings just as capable of error as we are. But they had a remarkable understanding of the ideas of liberty. They understood that liberty cannot exist with a government that has access to a printing press. Sound money and liberty go hand-in-hand. If we want to enjoy the blessings of Liberty, we must audit and then end the Federal Reserve!
    http://ronpaulinstitute.org/archives...our-elections/
    My website: https://www.theherbsofthefield.com/

    "No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.Ē ~ Charles Dickens



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2
    Maybe the Fed should surrender independence and inflate the money supply as much as the President wants and bail him out of the slowing economy caused by his trade wars? Or not inflate the money supply and be accused of trying to get Trump out of office? They will be called biased no matter what they do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    The quality seems to have dropped significantly since I came here, I guess you get what you pay for.
    "There is always a tweet. That has become accepted fact in the Trump presidency: For every pronouncement the President makes, there is at least one tweet from his past that directly contradicts his current view." -CNN

    I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.

  4. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Maybe the Fed should surrender independence and inflate the money supply as much as the President wants and bail him out of the slowing economy caused by his trade wars? Or not inflate the money supply and be accused of trying to get Trump out of office? They will be called biased no matter what they do.
    They should be audited--they control too much power.
    My website: https://www.theherbsofthefield.com/

    "No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.Ē ~ Charles Dickens

  5. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Maybe the Fed should surrender independence and inflate the money supply as much as the President wants and bail him out of the slowing economy caused by his trade wars? Or not inflate the money supply and be accused of trying to get Trump out of office? They will be called biased no matter what they do.
    They wouldn't be called anything if they didn't exist.

  6. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    They should be audited--they control too much power.
    What would you like to see audited?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    The quality seems to have dropped significantly since I came here, I guess you get what you pay for.
    "There is always a tweet. That has become accepted fact in the Trump presidency: For every pronouncement the President makes, there is at least one tweet from his past that directly contradicts his current view." -CNN

    I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    They wouldn't be called anything if they didn't exist.
    Then somebody else would be inflating the money supply. Maybe Congress? Or the President? Unless you get rid of money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    The quality seems to have dropped significantly since I came here, I guess you get what you pay for.
    "There is always a tweet. That has become accepted fact in the Trump presidency: For every pronouncement the President makes, there is at least one tweet from his past that directly contradicts his current view." -CNN

    I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.

  8. #7
    ''...audited and then ended...'' Ron Paul

    This is the only man today that I could see supporting wholeheartedly 2020, shame he won't
    run .

  9. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Then somebody else would be inflating the money supply. Maybe Congress? Or the President? Unless you get rid of money.
    There is a kind of money that can't be inflated at will.

    But you know that already.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment



  10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  11. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    There is a kind of money that can't be inflated at will.

    But you know that already.
    Maybe the government could seize all the gold in the country and use that for money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    The quality seems to have dropped significantly since I came here, I guess you get what you pay for.
    "There is always a tweet. That has become accepted fact in the Trump presidency: For every pronouncement the President makes, there is at least one tweet from his past that directly contradicts his current view." -CNN

    I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.

  12. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Maybe the government could seize all the gold in the country and use that for money.
    They wouldn't need to seize it, they did that when they wanted to stop using it as money.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  13. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They wouldn't need to seize it, they did that when they wanted to stop using it as money.
    They did it when they didn't have enough. And today the demands for money are greater and the supply of gold they have isn't. At the current market price of gold, we don't have enough to cover the trade deficit alone. Maybe just this year's interest on the debt.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 09-02-2019 at 03:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    The quality seems to have dropped significantly since I came here, I guess you get what you pay for.
    "There is always a tweet. That has become accepted fact in the Trump presidency: For every pronouncement the President makes, there is at least one tweet from his past that directly contradicts his current view." -CNN

    I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.

  14. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    They did it when they didn't have enough. And today the demands for money are greater and the supply of gold they have isn't.
    They don't have to have all the money.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  15. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They don't have to have all the money.
    At current market prices, the value of the US Government gold would almost pay for this year's interest on the debt. That is it. If they want to use gold for money, they are going to need a lot more of it (which is one reason that isn't going to happen). A bit over $300 billion worth. US GDP is about $19 trillion.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 09-02-2019 at 04:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    The quality seems to have dropped significantly since I came here, I guess you get what you pay for.
    "There is always a tweet. That has become accepted fact in the Trump presidency: For every pronouncement the President makes, there is at least one tweet from his past that directly contradicts his current view." -CNN

    I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.

  16. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    At current market prices, the value of the US Government gold would almost pay for this year's interest on the debt. That is it. If they want to use gold for money, they are going to need a lot more of it (which is one reason that isn't going to happen). A bit over $300 billion worth. US GDP is about $19 trillion.
    The price of gold would change if they used it for money (they could set it at whatever they wanted once) and they can tax people to get the money they need.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  17. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Then somebody else would be inflating the money supply. Maybe Congress? Or the President? Unless you get rid of money.
    If congress was in charge of it, maybe they wouldn't inflate the supply just to screw with Trump.

  18. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    The price of gold would change if they used it for money (they could set it at whatever they wanted once) and they can tax people to get the money they need.
    I thought you were against taxes?

    (they could set it at whatever they wanted once
    So the government should determine the value of a commodity instead of the market.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    The quality seems to have dropped significantly since I came here, I guess you get what you pay for.
    "There is always a tweet. That has become accepted fact in the Trump presidency: For every pronouncement the President makes, there is at least one tweet from his past that directly contradicts his current view." -CNN

    I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.



  19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  20. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    I thought you were against taxes?
    LOL
    That's weak, I have consistently argued against anarchists and discussed the best way to tax people to support the legitimate facets of government.



    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    So the government should determine the value of a commodity instead of the market.
    Government should define a dollar as X amount of gold or silver and leave it there, the market would determine how much of everything else that amount of gold or silver would buy.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  21. #18
    7 out of 16 posts in this thread by Zippy.

  22. #19
    What might that price for gold be? Let's back the entire M2 money supply with our existing stock of gold. Current M2 is $15 trillion. https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/M2

    Government supply of gold is 258,641,878 troy ounces. That is about $58,000 an ounce.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    The quality seems to have dropped significantly since I came here, I guess you get what you pay for.
    "There is always a tweet. That has become accepted fact in the Trump presidency: For every pronouncement the President makes, there is at least one tweet from his past that directly contradicts his current view." -CNN

    I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.

  23. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    If congress was in charge of it, maybe they wouldn't inflate the supply just to screw with Trump.
    Maybe they would inflate it so they could spend as much as they want. Neither party shows much fiscal restraint these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    The quality seems to have dropped significantly since I came here, I guess you get what you pay for.
    "There is always a tweet. That has become accepted fact in the Trump presidency: For every pronouncement the President makes, there is at least one tweet from his past that directly contradicts his current view." -CNN

    I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.

  24. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    They did it when they didn't have enough. And today the demands for money are greater and the supply of gold they have isn't. At the current market price of gold, we don't have enough to cover the trade deficit alone. Maybe just this year's interest on the debt.
    If we returned to a gold standard, we could just adopt the current value of gold. We would not need to go back to $30/oz. whether or not there is “enough gold” is tied to how the gold is valued. At, or slightly above current market value there is enough. Trying to cram the toothpaste back into the tube at $30 there is not 1/10th enough.

  25. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    What might that price for gold be? Let's back the entire M2 money supply with our existing stock of gold. Current M2 is $15 trillion. https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/M2

    Government supply of gold is 258,641,878 troy ounces. That is about $58,000 an ounce.
    And?

    They could also commit to running a surplus and destroying some or all of the surplus money to bring the M2 in line with some other value that they set and then stop when they reach that amount.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  26. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    And?

    They could also commit to running a surplus and destroying some or all of the surplus money to bring the M2 in line with some other value that they set and then stop when they reach that amount.
    Pigs may fly too. The government is incapable of running a surplus (which would be required if one wants to reduce the debt). Any "extra" money must be spent. GW Bush faced the possibility of a surplus- and double spent it: cutting taxes and starting two major wars taking us from a basically balanced budget to $1 trillion deficits within eight years. Congress was split so you can't blame either party. Both were irresponsible on that.

    (reducing government spending does not reduce the money supply M2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    The quality seems to have dropped significantly since I came here, I guess you get what you pay for.
    "There is always a tweet. That has become accepted fact in the Trump presidency: For every pronouncement the President makes, there is at least one tweet from his past that directly contradicts his current view." -CNN

    I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.

  27. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Pigs may fly too. The government is incapable of running a surplus (which would be required if one wants to reduce the debt). Any "extra" money must be spent. GW Bush faced the possibility of a surplus- and double spent it: cutting taxes and starting two major wars taking us from a basically balanced budget to $1 trillion deficits within eight years. Congress was split so you can't blame either party. Both were irresponsible on that.

    (reducing government spending does not reduce the money supply M2)
    So the value would stay where it is (maybe), that's not a problem.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment



  28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  29. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    So the value would stay where it is (maybe), that's not a problem.
    But if the economy gets bigger, it needs money. You can't have an economy with just one coin in it. As it grows, you need more coins to conduct more transactions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    The quality seems to have dropped significantly since I came here, I guess you get what you pay for.
    "There is always a tweet. That has become accepted fact in the Trump presidency: For every pronouncement the President makes, there is at least one tweet from his past that directly contradicts his current view." -CNN

    I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.

  30. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    But if the economy gets bigger, it needs money. You can't have an economy with just one coin in it. As it grows, you need more coins to conduct more transactions.
    They can subdivide the dollar into smaller increments, or gold miners will be incentivized to mine more gold and sell it to the mint.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  31. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    What would you like to see audited?
    Their books from 1913 to present.

    “I am a most unhappy man. I have unwittingly ruined my country. A great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is concentrated. The growth of the nation, therefore, and all our activities are in the hands of a few men. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated governments in the civilized world. No longer a government by free opinion, no longer a government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a government by the opinion and duress of a small group of dominant men.” (President Woodrow Wilson, a few years before his death in reference to the Federal Reserve act of 1913, which he signed into law. The American Mercury‎, p. 56. 1919.)
    http://www.ourrepubliconline.com/Quote/709
    My website: https://www.theherbsofthefield.com/

    "No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.Ē ~ Charles Dickens

  32. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They can subdivide the dollar into smaller increments, or gold miners will be incentivized to mine more gold and sell it to the mint.
    So we could run the economy with one ounce of gold. Just give everybody one 19 trillionth of an ounce for every dollar they currently have. (try making change for that at the grocery store!)

    (Actually it would be a smaller amount than that- $19 trillion is GDP and does not include money people have invested and saved- US net worth is over $100 trillion).
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    The quality seems to have dropped significantly since I came here, I guess you get what you pay for.
    "There is always a tweet. That has become accepted fact in the Trump presidency: For every pronouncement the President makes, there is at least one tweet from his past that directly contradicts his current view." -CNN

    I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.

  33. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    So we could run the economy with one ounce of gold.
    What a straw man! Impressive.

  34. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Their books from 1913 to present.


    http://www.ourrepubliconline.com/Quote/709
    Except Wilson never said that. And it is some bits of speeches he made before even signing the Federal Reserve Act into law- speeches from 1911.

    https://www.kennethballard.com/?p=4743

    Looking into it further, I was able to discover it to be an extensive quote mine. Manufactured from two sections The New Freedom: A Call for the Emancipation of the Generous Energies of a People, which Wilson wrote and published in 1913. Long before the Federal Reserve Act even made it to Wilson’s desk. The book is available via Project Gutenberg, so feel free to check my work below if you wish.

    Let’s start with this:

    I am a most unhappy man. I have unwittingly ruined my country.

    These introductory sentences may have been uttered at one point by Wilson, but not with regard to the Federal Reserve. A plausible context being the fact he dragged the United States into the First World War. It is nowhere in Wilson’s book. The word “unhappy” only appears once, and not to say “unhappy man”, and “ruined my country” never appears in the book.

    The rest of the quote is mined and assembled from two paragraphs. The first half can be found (quote mined section in blue) in chapter 8 called “Monopoly, or Opportunity”:

    However it has come about, it is more important still that the control of credit also has become dangerously centralized. It is the mere truth to say that the financial resources of the country are not at the command of those who do not submit to the direction and domination of small groups of capitalists who wish to keep the economic development of the country under their own eye and guidance. The great monopoly in this country is the monopoly of big credits. So long as that exists, our old variety and freedom and individual energy of development are out of the question. A great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is privately concentrated. The growth of the nation, therefore, and all our activities are in the hands of a few men who, even if their action be honest and intended for the public interest, are necessarily concentrated upon the great undertakings in which their own money is involved and who necessarily, by very reason of their own limitations, chill and check and destroy genuine economic freedom. This is the greatest question of all, and to this statesmen must address themselves with an earnest determination to serve the long future and the true liberties of men.

    And the latter half is found in chapter 9, called “Benevolence, or Justice?” (quote mined section in blue):

    We are at the parting of the ways. We have, not one or two or three, but many, established and formidable monopolies in the United States. We have, not one or two, but many, fields of endeavor into which it is difficult, if not impossible, for the independent man to enter. We have restricted credit, we have restricted opportunity, we have controlled development, and we have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated, governments in the civilized world—no longer a government by free opinion, no longer a government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a government by the opinion and the duress of small groups of dominant men.

    So it is clear that the oft-repeated quote from Woodrow Wilson was never actually said or written by Wilson as it is quoted. The quote is mined from two completely separate paragraphs of Wilson’s book. From two separate chapters of Wilson’s book.

    And as the quote came from a book published before the Federal Reserve Act was even voted on by Congress, let alone signed by Wilson into law, Wilson could not have been speaking about the Federal Reserve Act.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    The quality seems to have dropped significantly since I came here, I guess you get what you pay for.
    "There is always a tweet. That has become accepted fact in the Trump presidency: For every pronouncement the President makes, there is at least one tweet from his past that directly contradicts his current view." -CNN

    I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-12-2019, 06:43 PM
  2. 'Congress Members Urge Trump to Meddle in Hungary's Elections'
    By goldenequity in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-14-2018, 10:59 AM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-11-2018, 06:48 AM
  4. FED: Forget the Audit: Just Go Ahead & Abolish the Federal Reserve
    By stu2002 in forum Economy & Markets
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-09-2009, 03:52 PM
  5. Russians on '08 elections
    By silverhandorder in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-15-2007, 09:33 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •