Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Left Is Really Outraged Over Dave Chappelle's New Netflix Special

The Left Is Really Outraged Over Dave Chappelle's New Netflix Special

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

The worst motherfuckers I've ever tried to entertain. Dave Chappelle's Impressions.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post

The irony is suffocating.

I love it when SJWS get mad.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

I wonder how long it will take to come out on youtube? I just can't do netflix. I will not support Obama sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    I wonder how long it will take to come out on youtube? I just can't do netflix. I will not support Obama sorry.
    Do you know anybody with a netflix account?
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

I actually signed up for Netflix to watch this show. If Netflix is paying any kind of attention to the shows that draw new customers I made sure they had that datapoint.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The show is genius, btw

I watched it last night after reading this thread. I love Chappelle's delivery. I was embarrassed to laugh at a few of his jokes, but his "LBGT" [sic] and gun control bits, and the final joke about being poor, were damn near philosophical.

I also enjoyed the bit about the French actor...

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Do you know anybody with a netflix account?
    Of course I do but, even in someone else's house I get a creepy feeling when netflix is on. I HATE netflix I can just feel the evil oozing out of it.

I watched it tonight. The LGBTQ-in-a-car bit was genius. The rest was decent, usual Dave material. The uproar stuff seems a bit manufactured for marketing purposes, though.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    I watched it tonight. The LGBTQ-in-a-car bit was genius. The rest was decent, usual Dave material. The uproar stuff seems a bit manufactured for marketing purposes, though.
    This.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    Of course I do but, even in someone else's house I get a creepy feeling when netflix is on. I HATE netflix I can just feel the evil oozing out of it.
    I certainly have my issues with NF. I also believe that if we want the free market to work, then we have to pass signals back up to the market providers. I have actually paid for things I didn’t actually want to reward X company for doing the right thing. My philosophy is how can I complain when a company does something crappy, if I was never there to reward them when they did something good?

So NF database sees that I signed up for their service SPECIFICALLY to see Chapelle’s Sticks and Stones. That makes them juuust a fraction of a percent less likely to can Chapelle over this controversy. Then when they next do something really stupid I’ll cancel. Again sending signals back up to the provider.

I’m willing to pay what $9 for 4 months until they do something cancel-worthy. That $35 over 5 months buys me a much amplified voice compared to my former position as a never-customer. So that’s worth the $35 to me.

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if the whole thing was some guerrilla marketing scheme to get conservatives to watch a race baiting liberal comedian.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if the whole thing was some guerrilla marketing scheme to get conservatives to watch a race baiting liberal comedian.
    Some of what he said and the hesitation leads me to believe that Dave Chapelle is fairly aware of a free minded ideology.

Much like you, to be completely honest.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    Some of what he said and the hesitation leads me to believe that Dave Chapelle is fairly aware of a free minded ideology.

I am not sure I get what you are trying to say about me. Btw, I am mainly commenting about the marketing of the show and not the comedian. I have problems with his standup but that is a discussion for a later time.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    I am not sure I get what you are trying to say about me. Btw, I am mainly commenting about the marketing of the show and not the comedian. I have problems with his standup but that is a discussion for a later time.
    You say things that show a fair understanding of different abstract concepts and philosophies and then put a Che avatar and reverse what appeared to be an understanding.

Maybe being a devil's advocate, sometimes. Maybe trolling. Maybe you truly don't understand the various issues.

I put Dave Chapelle in that category.

Funny guy. I'm not sure he understands the issues as much as it appears he may.

You say things that show a fair understanding of different abstract concepts and philosophies and then put a Che avatar and reverse what appeared to be an understanding.

Maybe being a devil's advocate, sometimes. Maybe trolling. Maybe you truly don't understand the various issues.

I put Dave Chapelle in that category.

Funny guy. I'm not sure he understands the issues as much as it appears he may.
    I’ve been following Chapelle since like the middle 90’s. Another Marine turned me on to his standup. I think he understands more than people give him credit for. The way he finished the abortion discussion “maybe we’re ALL wrong” really points to it, I think.

Dave admitted to being somewhat of a conspiracy theorist (critical thinker, dot connector) in that great Oprah interview he did years ago (must see for anyone that hasn't watched it before). Having said that, he's clearly back in the good graces of Hollywood these days and being actively promoted. Netflix has something like 4 of his shows streaming over the course of a year or so.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

His specials are excellent, and worth watching. One has to admire a man who repeatedly puts his own wealth on the line to stand for principle - a rare cat in showbiz. Chappelle did it with half baked, his self titled show on CC, and now with hist stand up specials. I think he best said it in his last show - "Shut up, n*gga", which is pretty much sums up his attitude towards it all.

Another thing about Chappelle is that he really does get along with all kinds - from Neil Brennan to Kanye West, and Paul Mooney.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom
    So that’s worth the $35 to me.
    To me it is not. I don't want one red cent of my hard earned money to potentially reach the pocket of Barack Obama or his wife.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/dav...cks_and_stones

DAVE CHAPPELLE: STICKS & STONES

Critics Consensus

No consensus yet.
    TOMATOMETER

Total Count: 9

99%

AUDIENCE SCORE

User Ratings: 11,758

Updated:

Critics Consensus
    No consensus yet.

TOMATOMETER

Total Count: 12

99%

AUDIENCE SCORE

User Ratings: 27,530

Last edited by dannno; 09-07-2019 at 08:47 PM.

100%
    The scores for Chappelle's special underscore the disconnect between the media and the general public. This was also sharply exposed with media-beloved so-called comedian Hannah Gadsby (her schtick is to literally not be funny — figure that out!), who scored a perfect 100% from the critics with her "Nanette" special on Rotten Tomatoes. Her audience score? A miserable 54%.

Read this carefully ^^^ before watching below

Dave Chappelle’s ‘Rotten Tomato’ Standup Reviews Are In. They’re Exactly What You’d Expect.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/51354...ign=modelnames

Omg.. I did not laugh, didn't even crack a smile.

Maybe people who don't like comedy SHOULDN'T BE $#@!ING REVIEWING COMEDY. $#@! man.

100% !!!
    Last edited by dannno; 09-07-2019 at 08:49 PM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Prev 2^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Prev 2

Y'all gonna hate his new new one then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tR6mKcBbT4
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

Quote Originally Posted by idiom View Post
    Y'all gonna hate his new new one then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tR6mKcBbT4
    Lol, ok.. Dave gets tricked by the media sometimes, too.

Newer one

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    What a disgrace that this was the guy that they replaced Jon Stewart with.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast