Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Real Significance Of The Hong Kong Riots

Banned

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Its not that much greater, you can get attacked by EMF/RF weaponry just for posting on ronpaulforums
    You are not the first person to make this claim. I knew somebody long ago who made the same claims, though he did not know why. And I entertained his gang stalking claims, while everybody else scoffed.

That guy did do a ton of club drugs, though.

But why would they attack you? I do not see your posts as particularly threatening to the deep state. Indeed your foreign policy stances are fairly friendly to them.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post
    You are not the first person to make this claim. I knew somebody long ago who made the same claims, though he did not know why. And I entertained his gang stalking claims, while everybody else scoffed.

That guy did do a ton of club drugs, though.

But why would they attack you? I do not see your posts as particularly threatening to the deep state. Indeed your foreign policy stances are fairly friendly to them.
    I wish I could tell you, getting a sharp pain behind your left eye and having to blink uncontrollably isn't fun though.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    China has turned out very well materially. Whether its people are happy or not is a philosophical discussion.

BUT IT CAN NOT BE DENIED THE CHINESE COMMUNIST PARTY HAS STEERED CHINA INTO AN ECONOMIC POWERHOUSE.

And I really do not even want to entertain the "but China would be so much better had it been run by a libertario-capitalist-constitutional government". I have no desire to dabble in Hypotheticals.
    I'd just add that the reason for China's economic success is that it has (partly) liberalized.

China is 1.5 billion people. It has built two world wonders this past decade (three gorges dam and the high speed rail system).
    Considering where it came from, I don't see how it could do much better.

Chinese are not Americans, and do not have American values. They have always been far more collectivist.

And I'd probably rather live as a Chinaman in China than an Englishman in England. England has become a nanny-state hellhole.
    At least in China, you know the rules, you are part of the collective. In England, you are told you are free but can get jail for posting opinions on facebook.

Also, I have seen China Blue, a documentary that follows a young girl working in a blue jeans factory.
    She did not have to. Nobody was forcing her. She, like most of the factory workers, was actually a countryside migrant, who desired western style goods and technology, and was willing to work long hours to get it. She could have always stayed on the family farm, but she had been seduced by modern city life.
    The documentary tried to paint her as some victim, when all I could see was a girl rejecting country life and going to the city to try to achieve her dreams. She was spending her $1.50 an hour on frivolous city goods.
    The Marxoids still say this about the industrial revolution in the West, which was the same kind of phenomenon.

"O, aren't the conditions in those factories terrible! Exploitation!"

...yea, they're not great, but they're better than the alternative.

You don't go from abject poverty to iphones overnight.
    Last edited by r3volution 3.0; 08-31-2019 at 11:12 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Look at the economic freedom indices, or the economic data itself.

North Korea (a good proxy for how China was under Mao) is at the very bottom; China's in the middle with the likes of Italy.

This is not seriously debatable.
    It is debatable, those indices are biased by globalists.

As you may or may not have noticed, the cultural revolution is over; China is no longer a totalitarian state.

That is, the improvements are not limited to the economic realm.

I see you didn't respond to my comment about incarceration rates.
    That's laughable, not only have things gotten worse in many ways much more than they have gotten better in some ways but the incarceration rate is a lie just like so many other ChiCom statistics.
    And even if it is low that is only because they don't count things like Xinjiang and because they kill so many prisoners.

And the US literally burns people alive to make Halliburton rich.
    The Chinese do many equivalent things.

My point isn't that China's ruled by saints, only that it's vastly better than it once was, and not bad compared to the West.
    It is horrible compared to the west.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Banned

Blog Entries
    I wish I could tell you, getting a sharp pain behind your left eye and having to blink uncontrollably isn't fun though.
    Lots of pains are being introduced because we were not designed to sit hunched over, staring at a 60 HZ flickering screen for hours on end.

I recently read about a gamer complaining of numbness in his hands. The dude played the same computer game for years, while living with his parents, and playe dit literally every waking moment. He wrote in a forum he needed to quit, because of the numbness, and that his parents and doctor suggested it was the fact he was at his computer all day... but he ignored it.

You need a new lifestyle that includes recommended water (at least a gallon a day of water or tea), 9 hours of sleep, and exercise, as well as stretches every hour at your computer. And caffeine causes all sorts of horrible things with eye twitches and migraines. (Mostly because caffeine is a diuretic, meaning it dehydrates you body, and makes you pee a ton).

Also, all that $#@! you eat, doesn't actually taste that great. Protein is the substance of the dominator species, and you are lucky enough to be a member of the highest of dominator species. So eat more protien.

Lots of pains are being introduced because we were not designed to sit hunched over, staring at a 60 HZ flickering screen for hours on end.

I recently read about a gamer complaining of numbness in his hands. The dude played the same computer game for years, while living with his parents, and playe dit literally every waking moment. He wrote in a forum he needed to quit, because of the numbness, and that his parents and doctor suggested it was the fact he was at his computer all day... but he ignored it.

You need a new lifestyle that includes recommended water (at least a gallon a day of water or tea), 9 hours of sleep, and exercise, as well as stretches every hour at your computer. And caffeine causes all sorts of horrible things with eye twitches and migraines. (Mostly because caffeine is a diuretic, meaning it dehydrates you body, and makes you pee a ton).

Also, all that $#@! you eat, doesn't actually taste that great. Protein is the substance of the dominator species, and you are lucky enough to be a member of the highest of dominator species. So eat more protien.
    They wanted me to know they were doing it. They posted this on reddit right after I started feeling it

https://www.reddit.com/r/conspiracy/...lations_of_us/

Banned

Blog Entries
    I'd just add that the reason for China's economic success is that it has (partly) liberalized.
    Communist countries always do, if left alone, because communism is a great system for fending off invaders or winning revolutions, but sucks at building good economies and material gain.

The Marxoids still say this about the industrial revolution in the West, which was the same kind of phenomenon.

"O, aren't the conditions in those factories terrible! Exploitation!"

...yea, they're not great, but they're better than the alternative.

You don't go from abject poverty to iphones overnight.
    I was ready to sympathize with her, but there is a scene, where she is in the city with her boyfriend, and she points out some jewelry she wants him to buy for her. If I remember the scene correctly, she kind of explains (to the camera) that she wants him to buy her the necklace, because if he spends that much on her, it means he really loves her. And my sympathies for her began to fall. It was a good documentary none-the-less, a fascinating insight into the life of a country girl in China going to the big city, but the attempt at pulling my empathy strings fell flat.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    those indices are biased by globalists

the incarceration rate is a lie just like so many other ChiCom statistics

Alright then, I guess there's nothing more to discuss.

Banned

Blog Entries
    They wanted me to know they were doing it. They posted this on reddit right after I started feeling it

https://www.reddit.com/r/conspiracy/...lations_of_us/
    So the pain in your eye started about 45 minutes ago... and you are here, and cruising reddit, and everything else?

Get up from your computer, and go for a 30 minute walk. get away from the EMF weapons.

BTW, I already stated that these so called sonic weapons are actually just the effects of the diplomats drinking too much caffeine and taking too much adderal.

Communist countries always do, if left alone, because communism is a great system for fending off invaders or winning revolutions, but sucks at building good economies and material gain.
    Yes, and for the reason that most people are driven by material self-interest.

Lenins or Maos are willing to destroy the world in the name of some ideology, but their successors tend to be more practical.

The same will happen in North Korea I'm sure given stability and time.

I was ready to sympathize with her, but there is a scene, where she is in the city with her boyfriend, and she points out some jewelry she wants him to buy for her. If I remember the scene correctly, she kind of explains (to the camera) that she wants him to buy her the necklace, because if he spends that much on her, it means he really loves her. And my sympathies for her began to fall. It was a good documentary none-the-less, a fascinating insight into the life of a country girl in China going to the big city, but the attempt at pulling my empathy strings fell flat.
    I'll have to check it out.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So the pain in your eye started about 45 minutes ago... and you are here, and cruising reddit, and everything else?

Get up from your computer, and go for a 30 minute walk. get away from the EMF weapons.

BTW, I already stated that these so called sonic weapons are actually just the effects of the diplomats drinking too much caffeine and taking too much adderal.
    They started doing it after I texted someone and told them about it. Then they posted that to reddit. It does seem like its something I can walk away from though I don't know how the transmitters work. It has nothing to do with drugs, I don't take drugs.

Banned

Blog Entries
    They started doing it after I texted someone and told them about it. Then they posted that to reddit. It does seem like its something I can walk away from though I don't know how the transmitters work. It has nothing to do with drugs, I don't take drugs.
    you still here?

Drink soem water, and then take a walk and figure it out.

You don't drink caffiene? I envision you as a coke drinker, or kind of a heavy Dr Pepper drinker.

you still here?

Drink soem water, and then take a walk and figure it out.

You don't drink caffiene? I envision you as a coke drinker, or kind of a heavy Dr Pepper drinker.
    First thing I did when they started doing this to me is cut out all substances to see if that was the problem.

Yes, and for the reason that most people are driven by material self-interest.

Lenins or Maos are willing to destroy the world in the name of some ideology, but their successors tend to be more practical.

The same will happen in North Korea I'm sure given stability and time.

I'll have to check it out.
    Xi is a Lenin or a Mao, he will go full retard soon.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Banned

Blog Entries
    First thing I did when they started doing this to me is cut out all substances to see if that was the problem.
    But you are still hunched over your keyboard or phone.

There are literally a dozen new neck and eye problems because of internet and phone addictions.

I should know, my neck got screwed last night, as I caught up on my world and the world for six hours after being in the mountains for 6 days. So I looked up stretches and read a whole bunch of interesting things about neck pains and eye pains being caused by phone and internet use.

But you are still hunched over your keyboard or phone.

There are literally a dozen new neck and eye problems because of internet and phone addictions.

I should know, my neck got screwed last night, as I caught up on my world and the world for six hours after being in the mountains for 6 days. So I looked up stretches and read a whole bunch of interesting things about neck pains and eye pains being caused by phone and internet use.
    I wish it was something that simple. Either they are watching me all the time and know just when I am having those symptoms and post something like that reddit.com/r/conspiracy because they know I read that subreddit or they are using some sort of weapon on me and then post something like that on reddit.com/r/conspiracy .

Banned

Blog Entries
    Xi is a Lenin or a Mao, he will go full retard soon.
    No, Xi is a very stable world leader, of one of the largest and most powerful countries in the world.
    He leads a life you would not, and could not even begin to fathom.

There is no reason for Xi to go full retard.

Mao took over a $#@! country ravaged by colonialism and civil war. He had to take drastic measures to turn the country around. China had a severe problem with considering its own culture superior, when the facts of the real world proved it was horribly inferior. Because invading Japanese armies don't care about your queue, they care whether you have the technology to fight back.

Lenin saw his country dragged into an industrial killing machine war, where tens of millions were killed, and sent to die by a disgustingly opulent and disconnected royal family who could provide themselves mansions, balls and fine dresses, but could not bother to provide even 1/3 of Russian soldiers with a rifle or proper rations to fight the enemy they were being sent out to absorb bullets against.

Neither of them were retarded at all.

Banned

Blog Entries
    I wish it was something that simple. Either they are watching me all the time and know just when I am having those symptoms and post something like that reddit.com/r/conspiracy because they know I read that subreddit or they are using some sort of weapon on me and then post something like that on reddit.com/r/conspiracy .
    You are still here, bro.
    But Im not, because my neck is hurting again.

Cheers.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    No, Xi is a very stable world leader, of one of the largest and most powerful countries in the world.
    He leads a life you would not, and could not even begin to fathom.

There is no reason for Xi to go full retard.

Mao took over a $#@! country ravaged by colonialism and civil war. He had to take drastic measures to turn the country around. China had a severe problem with considering its own culture superior, when the facts of the real world proved it was horribly inferior. Because invading Japanese armies don't care about your queue, they care whether you have the technology to fight back.

Lenin saw his country dragged into an industrial killing machine war, where tens of millions were killed, and sent to die by a disgustingly opulent and disconnected royal family who could provide themselves mansions, balls and fine dresses, but could not bother to provide even 1/3 of Russian soldiers with a rifle or proper rations to fight the enemy they were being sent out to absorb bullets against.

Neither of them were retarded at all.
    Xi will go full retard when China begins to collapse in order to try and maintain control, the ego of the man who enshrined "Xi Jin Ping thought" in the Constitution will demand it.

Both Lenin and Mao were psychopaths who murdered millions and imposed bizarre personal dictates, to call them retards is an understatement.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

You're certainly right that neither Lenin nor Mao were retards, but that's far too sympathetic a view of Lenin (I won't comment on Mao, since I know much less about him). You make it sound as if Lenin launched the revolution to save Russia from the war, when in fact he hoped for the war because it would provide an opportunity for him to launch the revolution. And then, of course, after the revolution he went about systematically destroying what was left of the country. He had no regard whatever for Russia or its people, or for human life in general. To even call it the "Russian revolution" is somewhat anachronistic. At the time, the bolshevik party considered Russia a mere stepping stone to world revolution, a tool to be used. The bolsheviks in general were very much an alien force in Russia, many of them having spent the better part of their lives abroad plotting revolution, with little connection to the Russian people. Of the various socialist parties floating around, they had the shallowest roots. The history of their seizure of power reads more like a war against Russia than a revolution on its behalf.
    Last edited by r3volution 3.0; 09-01-2019 at 12:16 AM.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Lenin murdered millions
    Nope, not even close. Only according to the most hysterical of anti-communists with ridiculous reaches and accusations.
    Lenin's execution orders killed ten thousand, at most.

So sick of this retarded, absolutely false claim swirling around the internet and rarely being challenged, that Lenin killed millions. The statement has absolutely NO BASIS IN REALITY OR FACT.
    And whatever Lenin did, was far better than letting the Tsars continue to push young Russian men, literally armed with sticks, to be mowed down en masse in front of the German war machine.

And if you count things like starvation, then the tsars killed tens of millions. Lenin ended Russian involvement in WW I, which killed tens of millions of Russians, and that is REAL, not some unknown anti-communist authors attempt to peg post war starvation on Lenin.

This is the same BS as when you claimed Maduro was a "murderous dictator" when there is no evidence of him ordering ONE PERSON executed.

Right wingers pull this crap all the time. Every decade they inflate the numbers by another 5 million or ten million, citing some book written by some shlub, who attributes every death you can think of to the leader. It is dishonest hackery.

Very much like when the Bodo League Massacre was blamed on Kim Il Sung, for 40 years, until it was finally admitted... ..It was actually the US and South Korea who committed the biggest mass slaughter, by far, during the Korean War.
    Last edited by UWDude; 09-01-2019 at 09:37 AM.

Banned

Blog Entries
    You're certainly right that neither Lenin nor Mao were retards, but that's far too sympathetic a view of Lenin (I won't comment on Mao, since I know much less about him). You make it sound as if Lenin launched the revolution to save Russia from the war, when in fact he hoped for the war because it would provide an opportunity for him to launch the revolution. And then, of course, after the revolution he went about systematically destroying what was left of the country. He had no regard whatever for Russia or its people, or for human life in general. To even call it the "Russian revolution" is somewhat anachronistic. At the time, the bolshevik party considered Russia a mere stepping stone to world revolution, a tool to be used. The bolsheviks in general were very much an alien force in Russia, many of them having spent the better part of their lives abroad plotting revolution, with little connection to the Russian people. Of the various socialist parties floating around, they had the shallowest roots. The history of their seizure of power reads more like a war against Russia than a revolution on its behalf.
    Yeah, he wanted it so bad, he ended Russian involvement in it.

And yeah, a war against russia, if you consider the Tsars Russia.
    Lenin's older brother was hung by the Tsar. He had a hate boner for the Tsar, not for Russia.

when in fact he hoped for the war because it would provide an opportunity for him to launch the revolution.
    I don't see how anybody could read Lenin's views on the impending war, and think he actually wanted it. It takes a lot of mental gymnastics to come to that conclusion.
    Last edited by UWDude; 09-01-2019 at 09:42 AM.

It takes a lot of mental gymnastics to come to that conclusion.
    It only takes a reading of the history. I suggest Richard Pipes' The Russian Revolution. I might add that, even if you insist on believing that he had nice patriotic motives, the effect of his actions (which is what really matters in the end) was utter devastation. No one should have any kind of sympathy for Lenin.
    Last edited by r3volution 3.0; 09-01-2019 at 01:02 PM.

Banned

Blog Entries
    It only takes a reading of the history. I suggest Richard Pipes' The Russian Revolution. I might add that, even if you insist on believing that he had nice patriotic motives, the effect of his actions (which is what really matters in the end) was utter devastation. No one should have any kind of sympathy for Lenin.
    *Yawn*

Richard Pipes.

"utter devastation"

You mean like what the Tsars dragging Russia into WW I did?

Give me a $#@!ing break.
    Last edited by UWDude; 09-01-2019 at 01:06 PM.

*Yawn*

Richard Pipes.

"utter devastation"

You mean like what the Tsars dragging Russia into WW I did?

Give me a $#@!ing break.
    Yes, utter devastation - mass executions, a total breakdown of law and order, (deliberate) hyperinflation: millions died.

I don't know what you've read to give you any other impression.

As for the war, that it was also a disaster doesn't negate the crimes of Lenin in any way. First, Lenin didn't even end the war in any meaningful sense; it was already over. The Russian army had already collapsed. The German army was waltzing, not fighting, its way into Russia. Second, Lenin's peace with the Germans was not motivated by a desire to end the bloodletting (had it even been continuing, which it wasn't). He delayed Brest-Litovsk as much as he possibly could, until the Germans were nearing Petrograd, because he hoped the war would continue and provide opportunities to spread the revolution through the rest of Europe. He only, eventually made the peace because he knew that, absent an accord, the Germans would keep advancing and end up destroying the revolution in Russia: that and he wanted their support against his domestic enemies, which he received. His priority was always communism, never peace for its own sake. Land, Peace, and Bread was a propaganda slogan, not an accurate description of bolshevik goals. Third and most importantly, even if he had had peaceable motives, that doesn't negate the fact that, instead of taking the reigns of power and helping Russia recover from the devastation of war, he plunged it immediately into new horrors, imposing upon the Russians a regime infinitely worse than the preceding.

This vision you have of Lenin trying to save Russia from the horrors of war is nonsense.

He was one of the vilest criminals in the history of the world who exploited Russia's wartime suffering to advance an insane ideology.
    Last edited by r3volution 3.0; 09-01-2019 at 03:14 PM.

Lenin had no qualms at all about war when it suited his agenda ...

FTA [footnotes & hyperlinks elided]: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish%E2%80%93Soviet_War
    As early as late 1919 the leader of Russia's new Bolshevik Government, Vladimir Lenin, inspired by the Red Army's civil-war victories over White Russian anti-Communist forces and their Western allies, began to see the future of the revolution with greater optimism. The Bolsheviks proclaimed the need for the dictatorship of the proletariat, and agitated for a worldwide Communist community. They had an avowed intent to link the revolution in Russia with an expected revolution in Germany and to assist other Communist movements in Western Europe; Poland was the geographical bridge that the Red Army would have to cross to provide direct physical support in the West. Lenin aimed to regain control of the territories abandoned by Russia in the Brest-Litovsk Treaty of March 1918, to infiltrate the borderlands, to set up Soviet governments there as well as in Poland, and to reach Germany – where he expected a Socialist revolution to break out. He believed that Soviet Russia could not survive without the support of a socialist Germany. By the end of the summer of 1919 the Soviets had taken over most of Ukraine, driving the Ukrainian Directorate from Kiev. In February 1919 they also set up a Lithuanian–Belorussian Republic (Litbel). This government was very unpopular due to terror and the collection of food and goods for the army.

Officially, however, the Soviet Government denied charges of trying to invade Europe.

As Polish-Soviet fighting progressed, particularly around the time Poland's Kiev Offensive had been repelled in June 1920, the Soviet policy-makers, including Lenin, increasingly saw the [Polish-Soviet War] as a real opportunity to spread the revolution westwards. Historian Richard Pipes noted that before the Kiev Offensive, the Soviets had prepared for their own strike against Poland.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tu3tREaE4Xg
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I think it has more to do with culture clash, to be honest.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12