Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Industrial Hemp Plans

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Industrial Hemp Plans

My distal plan for 2020 is to raise approximately 3-4 acres of industrial hemp. My intention is to rais cultivars high in CBDs, as this is where the money is to be found at this time.

I plan on processing buds and producing oil, as well as selling trimmed buds.

If you are so inclined, do send your good wishes my way.

Cheers.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Right on!
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    My distal plan for 2020 is to raise approximately 3-4 acres of industrial hemp. My intention is to rais cultivars high in CBDs, as this is where the money is to be found at this time.

I plan on processing buds and producing oil, as well as selling trimmed buds.

If you are so inclined, do send your good wishes my way.

Cheers.
    Roughly where are you planning on growing? I'm in Tennessee and I'm starting to see patches by the road here and there. We legalized hemp 2 years ago.

Our county mayor has been fairly public about getting the old farmers around here to consider growing. His son is autistic and has seizures and he had asked me about it a while back but I don't know if he's tried it with him yet.

I take CBD every night at bedtime and my sleep has improved dramatically.

Quote Originally Posted by FunkBuddha View Post
    Roughly where are you planning on growing?
    Kanawha and Roane counties, West Virginia.

Oddly, I have learned that WV has the climate that is closest to that of the so-called "emerald triangle". I find that to be very good news.

I'm in Tennessee and I'm starting to see patches by the road here and there. We legalized hemp 2 years ago.
    This is the third year for WV. I was going to do this year one, but the invasive nature of the application put me off. Last year, when I learned of the profit potential, I was forced by basic sense to reevaluate my position, and here I am. Monday I submit the application.

Our county mayor has been fairly public about getting the old farmers around here to consider growing. His son is autistic and has seizures and he had asked me about it a while back but I don't know if he's tried it with him yet.
    Not a wholly unwise man, it would appear.

I take CBD every night at bedtime and my sleep has improved dramatically.

Two short anecdotes for your edification.

About six months ago Bill, my friend's cat, had a HUGE malignant tumor on his spine. I am very fond of Bill and was dreading the coming three to six weeks the vet had given him. The skin burst and this black mass showed and my typically unsqueamish self was unable to look. I don't know how, call it the Hand of God, but I got the notion to try CBD. I bought a vial, gave it to Mike and told him to give Bill five drops/day.

A month ago Bill walked past me before I could avert my gaze. The 2+-inch hole in his side was gone. When asked about it, Mike told be that the hole had closed within ten days of his applying the oil! I was astonished by this. Bill has several new tumors growing, but he in otherwise great shape and happy, at least four months after hs should have left this earthly plane. Added bonus is that he likes the oil and now expects it. What a world it is.

Secondly, I began CBD about six weeks ago. My left shoulder was wrecked and if I placed my left hand on my right shoulder and relaxed the rotator muscles gradually, by the time I was halfway down with the elbow, the pain was so bad I would sell my soul, as well as those of my mother and my children, to the devil that it stop. Now, I have ZERO pain. It's gone. I didn't take the oil with that in mind, but incidentally thought about it two weeks in. Pain was almost gone and I would fully relax the rotator. Now the pain is completely gone.

This is a good substance with no apparent ill effects. It is my intention to bring it to people broadly. I will happily rake in this high profits while possible, but look forward to the day when vials of 2 gram CBD cost nowhere nearly $250, but perhaps ten percent of that. That these substances have been denied us for a lifetime with no authority beyond the muzzle leaves me wanting to smack the crap out of someone. Land of the free, my ass.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Buy more land!

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Buy more land!
    That will be on the agenda, provided sufficient success. Hemp farming is in its second infancy. With the institution of the idiotic drug war of which hemp was the foundational pretext, all the good knowledge of how to farm this invaluable plant went the way of the dodo with the passing of the farmers who'd engaged in industrial-grade cultivation. We are now starting largely from scratch and it is going to take a while to refigure the ins and outs of large-scale hemp production, which is a very different proposition from raising a couple of dope plants.

So time will tell. Depending on how things turn out, I may have several hundred acres at my disposal. That aside, yes, I intend on finding more ground, though things are not quite that simple. Because of its current high market value, security becomes a significant issue. I am in little humor to be robbed, but I am of a nearly equal mind regarding shooting looters. This endeavor, while serious, is intended to be a win-win. The thought of harming or killing a thief is not appealing, though I will not go so far as to say that I would not defend my property.

Everything has its cost.

BTW, the price of hemp seed is OUTRAGEOUS, being between $1 and $10 per seed. We will be generating our own seed in greenhouse conditions, hopefully this year. At those prices, I am yet to be convinced that the real money, at least for the short term, lies in seed propagation and sales.

BTW, the price of hemp seed is OUTRAGEOUS, being between $1 and $10 per seed. We will be generating our own seed in greenhouse conditions, hopefully this year. At those prices, I am yet to be convinced that the real money, at least for the short term, lies in seed propagation and sales.
    Most folks around here are growing from clones. Clones run about $6-$8 each.

Quote Originally Posted by FunkBuddha View Post
    Most folks around here are growing from clones. Clones run about $6-$8 each.
    Steve and I have discussed this and we will do some clones, but suspect that they are not as strong as the plants grown from seed. Our first season should give us some firm notion on this. Steve's my next door neighbor, overall fine man, and just decided he was my business partner, which I found amusing, flattering, and welcome all at once. We work well together, so I have no apprehensions about how this will work in the relevant senses.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That will be on the agenda, provided sufficient success. Hemp farming is in its second infancy. With the institution of the idiotic drug war of which hemp was the foundational pretext, all the good knowledge of how to farm this invaluable plant went the way of the dodo with the passing of the farmers who'd engaged in industrial-grade cultivation. We are now starting largely from scratch and it is going to take a while to refigure the ins and outs of large-scale hemp production, which is a very different proposition from raising a couple of dope plants.

So time will tell. Depending on how things turn out, I may have several hundred acres at my disposal. That aside, yes, I intend on finding more ground, though things are not quite that simple. Because of its current high market value, security becomes a significant issue. I am in little humor to be robbed, but I am of a nearly equal mind regarding shooting looters. This endeavor, while serious, is intended to be a win-win. The thought of harming or killing a thief is not appealing, though I will not go so far as to say that I would not defend my property.

Everything has its cost.

Steve and I have discussed this and we will do some clones, but suspect that they are not as strong as the plants grown from seed. Our first season should give us some firm notion on this. Steve's my next door neighbor, overall fine man, and just decided he was my business partner, which I found amusing, flattering, and welcome all at once. We work well together, so I have no apprehensions about how this will work in the relevant senses.
    Lol, it would take you many seasons to confirm this, but fret not, the hard work has been done already, clones are just fine, seeds take too damn long on the scale you're talking.

We? The knowledge was never lost, it's all the same plant at it's core. I'll post video later of a huge CBD hemp farm down the road from me if I get out and about. Beautiful 3-4 foot high high CBD plants about mid way through flower for what looks like at least 100 acres. They got hit last year for between 600-800 plants, reason being is it all smells and looks like the stuff we grow on my farms. Additionally, the hemp fields are not required any kind of fencing or cameras like we are, so they are more prone to theft, which in turn makes us more prone to theft, because we're required 8ft chain link and barbed wire topped fencing, covered by opaque tarp for any fencing facing a road/highway. So guess where the smarter thieves target?

How much oil are you planning on producing? Because it takes fields the size I'm describing to produce large profitable amounts, there is no such thing as a small hemp/cbd farm out here.

We have our cost per pound to produce down to around $100 per lb. Outdoor trimmed bud sells for around $5-900 per lb at harvest time depending on strain, some years a little more and we suspect this will be one of those years. The outdoor market was slammed last year due to a devastating early frost.

Water? We use approximately 40-60,000 gallons of water per day in the summertime here, with covered beds. That's across 15 acres total, 18,000 "dope" plants including thousands of clones and greenhouses. I use the roll eyes emoji because they are the same plant, one has just had the THC (mostly) bred out of it.

Out here, water rights are king. Don't have them, you won't last a season, the local municipalities are legally allowed to charge you 3-6 times the normal rates for water if you're farming(anything, but you can guarantee you're getting the 6x rate if they know you're growing weed). I doubt it's that restrictive in your location, however, if you can get a well, drill one and use it.

The cattle rancher behind me is also doing hemp about 20 miles from here. At least one of the partners for the grows I contract for has an active hemp farm somewhere in northern Colorado. I'll ask them what kind of pricing I can get on seed next week, if you'd like, but I'm not making any claims on pricing, as I honestly don't know as I sit here. I grew for them(medical/recreational) the first season I was out here, but have been doing security ever since, and only for the med/rec grows because that's where the money is as far as black market value theft is concerned, if that makes sense.

I'm speaking from Colorado experience here...and I'm telling ya, if there was really money to be made from just growing hemp CBD, we'd be doing it. And we'd probably need to cultivate all ~200 acres to make money. Now we barely use 15 total acres for med/rec cannabis, and make damn good money. I've heard growing hemp for seed is where the money is if you are in hemp, but I also don't recall where I heard that...

Hemp is less regulated and taxed here, for one, and as I stated earlier, there's no requirements for fencing or surveillance cameras(I have over 200 cameras here I'm required to have, that the state has access to at all times), a huge cost for the distances needed to cover....so why do most people grow rec/med cannabis? Something to think about, as far as diversifying goes in the future.

Cloned plants are just as good as better than seed plants. I know you like Steve and all, and he sounds like a great guy but instead of "suspecting" and guessing at this, just ask, I can get you any information you need, the people I work for have been in this game since Colorado first legalized medical, and I've grown thousands of plants personally and have a library of books on the subject, some I've read so many times I've had to buy new copies..

And, good luck!!! Here's one of our farms, approximately 3,600 recreational plants here on about 7 acres(2 3.5 acre plots, that's why there's a random fence in the middle, it used to just be the one 3.5 acre field then we expanded. These are all 100% clones, the same clones we've used out here for 4 seasons now, for reference. Some of these clones have been used for over a decade here by these growers, no seeds. You want uniformity when growing large scale, and the only way to achieve this is though the use of clones, and that uniformity is visualized below(as well as the variations that occur if you look closely).
    Last edited by CoastieInColorado; 08-31-2019 at 09:34 AM.

And to think people used to bitch about cleaning them, ha! Best of luck to you, it sounds intriguing as I find myself increasingly tiring of my trade and thinking of going in a different direction.
    "The Patriarch"

Everything has its cost.

Where the money is.

Cloning and seeding successful crop, marketing and advertising on this and other fronts, and building a brand.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    Where the money is.

Cloning and seeding successful crop, marketing and advertising on this and other fronts, and building a brand.

Yeah, we intend on cloning... first to provide stock for ourselves, and secondly for sale to other operations. I am looking for a high-tunnel. There are plenty of them for sale.

Best of luck Osan!

Really missing the farm now..

Ya'all missed out too,, had first shot at it...
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Dear osan and coastie in colorado-

I will be praying hard for your crops!

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    Dear osan and coastie in colorado-

I will be praying hard for your crops!
    Thank you.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This thread kinda pisses me off because I see the mountains of BS that people have to go thru in order to legally grow it.

Hemp and marijuana ought to be just growing free unhindered free for anyone to gather and use and free to cultivate for product development. The way the government and TPTB have been used to make this class of plant life illegal is a CRIME AGAINST HUMANITY.

I hope everyone who legally grows hemp and marijuana will find a way to throw seeds in a ditch anywhere you can. I know people who have gone thru all the bureaucratic BS in order to obtain license to grow have paid dearly for this privilege. I believe you will be greatly blessed if you do cast your bread upon the water so to say. Except in this case the metaphor is "throw your seeds in a ditch for life on earth". It is really important that you do. You will be literally be saving life on earth and to do that will yield a very powerful blessing. I know most of the growers have a sense about this. I am not asking you to to say publicly that you will do it I just pray that you will.

This group of plants leech toxic waste out of the soil and has been used on all nuclear accident sights to help absorb the toxic load. It is the most versatile plant on earth. It is one of the most important resources on earth. Please do what you can to right this wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    This thread kinda pisses me off because I see the mountains of BS that people have to go thru in order to legally grow it.

Hemp and marijuana ought to be just growing free unhindered free for anyone to gather and use and free to cultivate for product development. The way the government and TPTB have been used to make this class of plant life illegal is a CRIME AGAINST HUMANITY.

I hope everyone who legally grows hemp and marijuana will find a way to throw seeds in a ditch anywhere you can. I know people who have gone thru all the bureaucratic BS in order to obtain license to grow have paid dearly for this privilege. I believe you will be greatly blessed if you do cast your bread upon the water so to say. Except in this case the metaphor is "throw your seeds in a ditch for life on earth". It is really important that you do. You will be literally be saving life on earth and to do that will yield a very powerful blessing. I know most of the growers have a sense about this. I am not asking you to to say publicly that you will do it I just pray that you will.

This group of plants leech toxic waste out of the soil and has been used on all nuclear accident sights to help absorb the toxic load. It is the most versatile plant on earth. It is one of the most important resources on earth. Please do what you can to right this wrong.

I get where you're coming from, I do, but casting seeds off into a ditch is going to do more harm than good.

You can't just have male plants everywhere, then everything would be pollinated, and that's not(always) desirable. Occasionally we find what we call "bonus" plants just outside of the grows, and we kill them immediately. They are more prone to be hermaphroditic because of environmental stresses, or could be males outright. I'd do the same for any and all I saw in a ditch, or they'd be cut down by the county anyway, because they actually keep up with maintenance of the grasses/weeds along the highway near us. Not to mention, if any weed is found growing "wild" near us, they could be dicks and blame it on us...I doubt that would happen because of the amount of money this county and the state gets from us, but still not worth the risk to us.

I'd be harming all of the other local grows - including our own - for the net benefit of virtue signaling.

@osan
    This one of the larger CBD grows about 20 miles from me. As you can see, they aren't required any fencing, at all. Thieves probably can't read, and/or don't care, the bud all looks the same.It actually keeps gping past the buildings that come in frame as I shut it off, and has 8 greenhouses on that property as well. They just built the buildings in the video, I'm assuming for processing.
    Last edited by CoastieInColorado; 09-15-2019 at 12:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CoastieInColorado View Post
    @osan
    This one of the larger CBD grows about 20 miles from me. As you can see, they aren't required any fencing, at all. Thieves probably can't read, and/or don't care, the bud all looks the same.It actually keeps gping past the buildings that come in frame as I shut it off, and has 8 greenhouses on that property as well. They just built the buildings in the video, I'm assuming for processing.
    Well, if I manage 5% of that, I will be ecstatic.

As for thieves, that is a big concern with my 2 acres of bottom on the creek. I just bought an AR10 and have infrared gunsight. My strategy will be to mount motion activated lights where I am able and if I catch someone, run a few rounds of thundering 308 into the ground. Even the tweakers understand that. I do NOT want to have to plug someone... I fear I have enough karma as it is... 1/2

I found a 32 x 41 GLASS greenhouse in KY for $7K, replete with everything including gas heater, automatic venting, etc and he will deliver it to my door. It's a lot of money for me at the moment, but I'm thinking this is a must. Steve will establish the mama plants from which we will clone. I'm hoping to squeeze 4K plants into that smallish space, which will cost in terms of shelving. If we can harvest 3/4 of that and sell at a reasonable price with a yield of 1/2# per plant, we should make money. Anything better than that and I will be that much the happier.

BTW the greenhouse is made by Rough Brothers, IIRC and retails for $40K new. This thing has everything and I have a gas well so my heating cost is essentially zero.

UPDATE:

Greenhouse came in yesterday, all glass 41x31, heated, thermostatically controlled vents, gable-end fans, electrical service, irrigation.

Guy delivered it from KY for $6K. New, a Rough Brothers greenhouse of this configuration is almost $40K.

Putting it up is going to be... erm... "interesting".
    Last edited by osan; 09-29-2019 at 10:19 AM.

This is my Son In Laws first year of hemp in north central Tennessee . He is a tobacco and cattle farmer .
    Do something Danke

My dads been thinking about getting into the cannabis industry himself.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

One other thing I intend on doing is cobbling up a super-critical CO2 system. Commercial systems are too $$.

I will also be checking into steam extraction and HSCCC.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    My dads been thinking about getting into the cannabis industry himself.
    It's a Growing Industry.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well, my application is in and I had Mike Arnold, the administrator here in WV look at it and he said there is no reason it should not be approved, pending clean background checks.

Starting small with not more than four acres. I'm looking for a high tunnel so I can generate clones and seed in winter. I have a gas well with free gas, so I can heat it for nothing, save the cost of the heater.

I have to say though, that the risk is pretty high. If a single plant tests over 0.3%, the entire crop at a given site burns. If a neighbor substitutes a THC plant and it is discovered, I go to jail, not them. Anything goes wrong, legally speaking, and it's all on me. The opinion, however, appears to be that this will relax with time. I hope so because I already have a head full of gray hair.

The drug-war mindset is alive and well, which means freedom is not.

Durban Poison,
    Finally got to try some,,, Sativa and a base strain in several I have liked..

About 24%,, and very nice Daytime head.

They were always sold out when I was in Oregon.. Could not keep it on the shelf.

Have to recommend AK47 too. Nice Hybrid strain.. Very popular.. and my current Bud Shake..

Very resinous.. (for oils)
    Last edited by pcosmar; 09-06-2019 at 12:20 PM.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Durban Poison,
    Finally got to try some,,, Sativa and a base strain in several I have liked..

About 24%,, and very nice Daytime head.

They were always sold out when I was in Oregon.. Could not keep it on the shelf.

Have to recommend AK47 too. Nice Hybrid strain.. Very popular.. and my current Bud Shake..

Very resinous.. (for oils)
    Yes, AK47 has been one of my favorites for over a decade, I had the fabled "Cherry Phenotype" varietal of AK47 for several years...

Miss the Farm..

I could grow on my own farm,,

But I can't be hired on someone else's farm..

(ask about hiring Felons)

This world really sucks sometimes.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Miss the Farm..

I could grow on my own farm,,

But I can't be hired on someone else's farm..

(ask about hiring Felons)

This world really sucks sometimes.
    I would give you a shot if I could right now. I never held that against anyone myself as a manager and employer. I would be a felon at least 10 times over if I had ever got caught. So would have the last two bosses I worked for other than myself in very big coporations. Wish I was in the position right now to do that Bro... I would tell you to get your ass to Az.

Let me work on that and ask around man...
    “The ultimate test of a moral society is the kind of world it leaves to its children.” ~ Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Quote Originally Posted by ATruepatriot View Post

Let me work on that and ask around man...
    Thanks,, but I have accepted a shift in gears... or change in path..
    I think I have worked enough.. Have had six classmates die in the last month.

I'm gonna try to have some fun before I die.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast