Thread: Australian University Lowers Standards For Women Looking To Enter Engineering Degrees

Australian University Lowers Standards For Women Looking To Enter Engineering Degrees

EQUALITY: Australian University Lowers Standards For Women Looking To Enter Engineering Degrees

Equality? No thanks. Women at the University of Technology Sydney (UTS) will be able to enter engineering and construction degrees with a lower score on an admissions test than their male counterparts.

The Sydney Morning Herald reported that UTS will allow women to enter engineering and construction degrees with a lower score on the Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) than male students. Women can score 10 points lower than men and still be admitted into the degree programs.

As the Herald reported, many universities in the country “allocate adjustment points based on disadvantage or illness,” but UTS appears to be the first one to make the adjustment based on gender. As one can guess, the move to lower the entry bar for women is being done in an effort to get more women into engineering.

Dr. Arti Agarwal, director of women in engineering and IT at UTS, told the Herald that admitting women into the programs – even with lower entrance scores – would make the world a better place.

“Lots of research has shown that teams are more productive when they are gender balanced. They come up with better ideas and better solutions," she told the outlet. No such research was cited.

"The decision would not lower the quality of the graduates," she told the outlet. "I really cannot stress this enough - we are not taking people who don't deserve to be here.”
    https://www.dailywire.com/news/51223...rds-ashe-schow
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post
    I get most of my news from Swordsmyth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    That is a lie.
    @Brian4Liberty, devil keeps spreading this lie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I will report violations of the forum rules to the forum staff when they are egregious enough.

You should remember that.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Dr. Arti Agarwal, director of women in engineering and IT at UTS, told the Herald that admitting women into the programs – even with lower entrance scores – would make the world a better place.
    So why not lower the scores required for entrance even further? Indeed, why not just eliminate admissions standards altogether?

After all, by this mealy-mouthed logic, that should make the world the best place, instead of merely a "better place" ...

"The decision would not lower the quality of the graduates," she told the outlet. "I really cannot stress this enough - we are not taking people who don't deserve to be here.”
    Translation: "Our decision to lower standards will not lower standards ..."

I don't know which is worse: the people who say these kinds of things and expect them to be taken seriously, or the people who hear them and take them seriously.

Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law." - The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." - Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      - Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      - Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·
    MOFA (Make Orwell Fiction Again)

"female engineer"

It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Rand Paul (Vice Pres) 2016!!!!

I can't understand at all why women make up 20% of engineering students. Real puzzler. Must be the boys are mean and sexist. Also a conundrum why black students have lower wages when they graduate.

2016 SAT test results confirm pattern that’s persisted for 50 years — high school boys are better at math than girls

http://www.aei.org/publication/2016-...th-than-girls/

New chart illustrates graphically the racial preferences for blacks, Hispanics being admitted to US medical schools

http://www.aei.org/publication/new-c...dical-schools/

"African-Americans over-represented among low-paying college majors"
    https://www.pbs.org/newshour/education/african-americans-over-represented-among-low-paying-college-majors