Thread: Lawfare Expects McCabe Arrest – That Explains Why CNN Hired Him

Lawfare Expects McCabe Arrest – That Explains Why CNN Hired Him

The Lawfare group are the external influence agents for corrupt politically motivated lawyers working in government. The group fingerprints show up everywhere including among “beach friends” and legal schemes hatched from the premise of their assembly. Lawfare = use the law as a tool in warfare. [Adult Alinsky disciples.]

The Lawfare group is headed by Comey’s friend Benjamin Wittes; and the group give resistance advice to ideologues inside government as well as outside organizations who are resisting (suing) the Trump administration. So when Benjamin Wittes announces to his ideological resistance followers:
    …”You should thus expect charges against McCabe to be forthcoming any day. And if such charges don’t happen, that doesn’t mean they weren’t planned but, rather, that some extrinsic event has intervened”… (link)
    …readers can assume Lawfare leadership has known about McCabe’s risk position for quite some time. Remember, former FBI chief legal counsel James Baker also works for Lawfare.
    It is almost guaranteed Andrew McCabe and his lawyer Michael Bromwich are in daily conversations with their network of friends inside Lawfare. This same ideological network has vast affiliates throughout media. The pending indictment of Andrew McCabe would explain why CNN hired him.
    Knowing the DOJ was likely to indict McCabe, CNN could help frame a narrative that serves both their interests. That narrative was already in the New York Times article describing the potential for the indictment.
    When McCabe is charged the media narrative will be it’s because he took the job with CNN… Trump/Barr weaponizing the DOJ and trying to kill free speech etc. CNN doesn’t have to defend their action in hiring a known liar, they’ll instead frame McCabe as a victim, a fellow traveler to the larger cause of justice – whose indictment is evidence of how far Trump and Barr will go to destroy their enemies etc.
    Hey, at least now we know Andrew McCabe is about to be indicted.
    Additionally, Wittes goes on to say that something else must be behind the conduct of McCabe if the DOJ is actually going to indict him:
    […] But criminal charges? At least based on what’s in the inspector general’s report, this is very far from a criminal case. Criminal dispositions on false statements matters in internal investigations are exceptionally rare. Absent some gross aggravating factor, I struggle to think of any other examples. Workplace false statements are normally handled through internal disciplinary means, not criminal charges. (link)
    Essentially, the Lawfare position is that McCabe was authorized to leak to the media; ergo, the investigation of McCabe leaking to the media was a non-criminal investigation…. ergo, according to Lawfare logic, McCabe lying about non-criminal conduct to the FBI INSD (internal investigators) is not itself criminal. To wit Andrew McCabe is only lying as a common workplace type of lying, not illegal lying in a criminal investigation.
    So Wittes says there must be more to the story…
    Which then expands the Lawfare mindset to believe the decision to indict must be related to something discovered within the criminal investigation of events in/around the FISA application (intentionally and materially false presentations to the court), etc.

More at: https://theconservativetreehouse.com...cnn-hired-him/
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I bought shares at 23 cents, up to 55 cents right now.

https://www.predictit.org/markets/de...ember-31,-2019
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

bump
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

I wouldn’t hold my breath.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Former Acting Attorney General Matthew Whitaker said Wednesday he believes Andrew McCabe will soon be indicted on federal charges, based on reporting that the former FBI deputy director’s attorneys recently met with Justice Department officials.
    Whitaker said in a Fox News interview that McCabe’s lawyers’ meeting with Deputy Attorney General [DAG] Jeffrey Rosen, which The New York Times reported Monday took place last week, appears to have been what’s known as a “DAG appeal.” (RELATED: Report: DOJ Close To Deciding Whether To Indict Andrew McCabe)

Whitaker said “sophisticated defense lawyers” ask for the meetings “to lay out your case as to why your client shouldn’t be charged.”
    “I have not seen a DAG appeal be successful. I have seen them many times, again, with sophisticated defense lawyers, but this is usually when somebody is imminently going to be charged, they try to get to the deputy attorney general and plead their case,” said Whitaker, who was a U.S. attorney and chief of staff to Attorney General Jeff Sessions.

More at: https://dailycaller.com/2019/08/29/w...ndictment-doj/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Nobody should have any confidence whatsoever that McCabe is going to get arrested.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

U.S. Attorney Jessie Liu has recommended moving forward with charges against CNN contributor Andrew McCabe, Fox News has learned, as the Justice Department rejects a last-ditch appeal from the former top FBI official.

McCabe -- the former deputy and acting director of the FBI -- appealed the decision of the U.S. attorney for Washington all the way up to Jeffrey Rosen, the deputy attorney general, but he rejected that request, according to a person familiar with the situation.

The potential charges relate to DOJ inspector general findings against him regarding misleading statements concerning a Hillary Clinton-related investigation.
    A source close to McCabe’s legal team said they received an email from the Department of Justice which said, "The Department rejected your appeal of the United States Attorney’s Office’s decision in this matter. Any further inquiries should be directed to the United States Attorney’s Office."

More at: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/us-...t-ditch-appeal

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post

79 cents

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    A judge told federal prosecutors on Monday that they needed to charge former acting FBI Director Andrew McCabe or stop investigating whether he lied to authorities.
    Judge Reggie B. Walton said at a hearing that if prosecutors don't make a decision by Nov. 15, he would order the Justice Department to release internal FBI documents connected to McCabe's ouster, according to a transcript of the hearing.
    "If the government has not made a call I'm going to make a ruling," he said. "This is just dragging too long. And those who have to make these hard decisions need to do it. And if they don't, I'm going to start ordering the release of information."

More at: https://thehill.com/policy/national-...-investigation

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

^^^

79 cents
    Back down to 38 cents!!
    Last edited by dannno; 10-01-2019 at 10:03 PM.

https://mobile.twitter.com/RichValde...64545584406536

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Was wondering what ever came of this...

Glad to see it wasn't just dropped. I have high hopes for Durham, but honestly, the DOJ might be a lost cause.

https://twitter.com/rjeffries99/stat...01589186662400

https://twitter.com/mam65mam66/statu...00369382395910

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Documents have emerged proving that former acting FBI director Andrew McCabe, whom President Donald Trump fired, lied to the FBI about a leak he authorized in the lead-up to the 2016 presidential election.
    The FBI documents, released in response to a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request from the left-wing group Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW), show that McCabe first told FBI investigators in May 2017 that he did not authorize a leak to the Wall Street Journal in late 2016 that the agency had opened a probe into Democrat presidential nominee Hillary Clinton and the Clinton Foundation. The October 30, 2016, Wall Street Journal story, from Devlin Barrett, revealed that the agency was in an “internal feud” over the Clinton probes.
    The New York Post‘s Bob Fredericks wrote about the documents:
    McCabe in May 2017 denied that he was the source of the leak — but later fessed up, angering bureau investigators who had been spinning their wheels trying to identify the source of the leak. The documents, which the FBI released in response to a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit by the government watchdog group Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington, include transcripts of McCabe’s conversations with investigators, who were frustrated after wasting their time on the probe. On Aug. 18, 2017, FBI officials grilled McCabe again to try to unravel what they said was ‘conflicting information’ they had gathered about the possible leak to the Journal, The Daily Beast reported.”
    During that later interview in August 2017, McCabe admitted he did indeed authorize the leak. From the New York Post story summarizing the documents:
    “I need to know from you, did you authorize this article? Were you aware of it? Did you authorize it?” an agent asked McCabe,
    The agent then described his response: “And as nice as could be, he said, ‘Yep. Yep I did.’”
    The investigator then said that “things had suddenly changed 180 degrees with this” after McCabe’s admission, which turned his initial denials into a potential crime.
    “In our business, we stop and say, look, now we’re getting into an area for due process,” the agent said.
    “I was very careful to say… with all due respect, this is what you told us. This has caused us some kind of, you know, sidetracking here now with some information other people have told us,” the agent said, growing increasingly frustrated.
    “I remember saying to him, at, I said, ‘Sir, you understand that we’ve put a lot of work into this based on what you told us,’” the agent said.
    “I mean, and I even said, long nights and weekends working on this, trying to find out who amongst your ranks of trusted people would, would do something like that.’ And he kind of just looked down, kind of nodded, and said ‘Yeah I’m sorry.”
    Technically, it is a crime to lie to the FBI. But McCabe has not been charged with any crime.
    A White House official told Breitbart News it is a travesty that McCabe has not yet been charged with any crime.
    “Andrew McCabe, while serving as Deputy Director of the FBI, lied to the FBI,” the White House official told Breitbart News. “Then he lied about lying. He has thrown thousands of men in jail for lying to federal investigators. This hypocrisy cannot go unpunished.”

More at: https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...about-leaking/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Technically, it is a crime to lie to the FBI. But McCabe has not been charged with any crime.
    A White House official told Breitbart News it is a travesty that McCabe has not yet been charged with any crime.
    My PredictIt account agrees... lost some change betting on charges by 12/31/19

However, they have a new market for McCabe, charges by 6/30/2020

https://www.predictit.org/markets/de...med-by-June-30

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    the first to be arrested will be McCabe & Strzok.
    maybe as early as Monday or Tuesday next week.
    . pic.twitter.com/UYNGpqxsWe
    — Greg Rubini (@GregRubini) February 8, 2020

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

How much did you lose on that one?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    I wouldn’t hold my breath.
    I should bet on these things too.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Nobody should have any confidence whatsoever that McCabe is going to get arrested.
    Agree.

My PredictIt account agrees... lost some change betting on charges by 12/31/19

However, they have a new market for McCabe, charges by 6/30/2020

https://www.predictit.org/markets/de...med-by-June-30
    How much did you lose on that bet today?

DOJ drops case against former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe

The Justice Department has decided to abandon its efforts to seek criminal charges against former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe, according to his attorneys.
    https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...-mccabe-115251
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    How much did you lose on that one?

I should bet on these things too.

Agree.

How much did you lose on that bet today?

They won't settle it until it's over, but the price of shares are down significantly.. might actually be worth picking some up if they decide to re-indict him later.

I won't lose much on either because I bought the shares at a very low price.

I mostly just do it for fun.

McCabe will face justice

They only dropped the investigation into McCabe arising from Horowitz' 2018 referral, this has nothing to do with Durham's investigation which is not over.
    Last edited by dannno; 02-14-2020 at 02:01 PM.