Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump Asserts He Can Force U.S. Companies to Leave China

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I am not a globalist like many on RPF 's. I do believe in free markets . I however have been doing my part about trying to force US companies to not produce for here in china by not buying that junk china , north korea $#@! for decades . Trump is right about this , I don't need china .
    Free market is buying stuff made from North Korean slave labor made in China.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Free market is buying stuff made from North Korean slave labor made in China.
    I will not buy it . Cannot say I really understand why everyone else loves it so much .
    Do something Danke

I'm pretty sure he can do it! This short video explains how.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqF6M25kqq4

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

I will not buy it . Cannot say I really understand why everyone else loves it so much .
    It is basically a tax cut. I bought a couple of pairs of shorts for 7 bucks at Wal Mart and a pair of shoes for 19 bucks. I think one of my TVs is the Best Buy brand and is made in China and was much cheaper than expected. Had for three years. Works great. I would imagine my computer monitors are made in China and weren't very expensive.

The cost of most things (outside of health care and education) is dramatically lower than in the past. I salute those industrious Chinamen for making my life better.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    I'm pretty sure he can do it! This short video explains how.

I don’t need to go and ask a video, all I need to do is open the Constitution. Can you point to the Article Section and Clause of the US Constitution that authorizes the President to boss around the free market?

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    so out of one side of your mouth you claim I’ve never offered a solution, meanwhile out of the other side of your mouth you mischaracterize and criticize the solutions that you allege I never offered? That’s a hell of a trick. If I’ve never offered any solutions, then how can my un-offered solutions be so wrong?
    I said you never offered a solution after you made a statement that disallowed the solutions you offered, you are the one pulling off a neat trick by offering a Congressional solution and then claiming that it won't work when I say that Congress needs to fix the problem not Trump.

you are the one one talking about waging this war of ideas against your enemies. Maybe you should stop trying to wage wars against people on liberty groups?
    I'm not, I wage war on bad ideas.

Perhaps your confusion would be alleviated by actually reading what I actually write, instead of picking through for key words to use as ammunition in your war against liberty?
    That's it, you aren't confused, you are trolling, lying and causing trouble on purpose.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

I am not a globalist like many on RPF 's. I do believe in free markets . I however have been doing my part about trying to force US companies to not produce for here in china by not buying that junk china , north korea $#@! for decades . Trump is right about this , I don't need china .
    You can either believe in free markets or believe that Trump is right about this. It can't be both.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    You can either believe in free markets or believe that Trump is right about this. It can't be both.
    Says who?

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Says who?
    The guy this website is named after.

I cannot say I think trump is right about saying he can force US companies to leave china . I will say that any that do are more likely to get my business .
    Do something Danke

The guy this website is named after.
    How long did it take you to see the light?

I don’t need to go and ask a video, all I need to do is open the Constitution. Can you point to the Article Section and Clause of the US Constitution that authorizes the President to boss around the free market?

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I said you never offered a solution after you made a statement that disallowed the solutions you offered, you are the one pulling off a neat trick by offering a Congressional solution and then claiming that it won't work when I say that Congress needs to fix the problem not Trump.

That's it, you aren't confused, you are trolling, lying and causing trouble on purpose.
    Good God. You've been trailing him around, twisting his words, hurling insults, then trying to play victim cards for twenty-four hours straight. Are you just jealous he has enough rep to swat you, or what? What the $#@! triggered you into chihuahuabot mode? Do you think anyone--anyone--wants to hear your incessant yapping and see you trying to bite his ankles?

And then you claim to be an ex-supporter? Are we really not supposed to laugh at that?

Don't your little batteries ever wear down, chihuahuabot?

You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Good God. You've been trailing him around, twisting his words, hurling insults, then trying to play victim cards for twenty-four hours straight. Are you just jealous he has enough rep to swat you, or what? What the $#@! triggered you into chihuahuabot mode? Do you think anyone--anyone--wants to hear your incessant yapping and see you trying to bite his ankles?

And then you claim to be an ex-supporter? Are we really not supposed to laugh at that?

Don't your little batteries ever wear down, chihuahuabot?

I supported Gunny against the haters and he knows it.
    I could dig up the posts to prove it but you aren't worth it.

Gunny is the one doing to me what you claim I am doing to him, but that's typical of you since you project your own offensive behavior all the time.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

It can be both because trade with China isn't free market, it's a government warped market.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    It is basically a tax cut. I bought a couple of pairs of shorts for 7 bucks at Wal Mart and a pair of shoes for 19 bucks. I think one of my TVs is the Best Buy brand and is made in China and was much cheaper than expected. Had for three years. Works great. I would imagine my computer monitors are made in China and weren't very expensive.

The cost of most things (outside of health care and education) is dramatically lower than in the past. I salute those industrious Chinamen for making my life better.
    Cotton clothing used to be cheaper too. Whoopi!

when you need a new liver, it is cheaper from China.
    Last edited by Danke; 08-25-2019 at 08:34 PM.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

We could bring most of these cheap products via cheap manufacturing here at home if we built factories on Injun reservations. Withhold liquor shots until they complete their 16 hour shifts and the product meets or exceeds the Chinese counterparts.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    We could bring most of these cheap products via cheap manufacturing here at home if we built factories on Injun reservations. Withhold liquor shots until they complete their 16 hour shifts and the product meets or exceeds the Chinese counterparts.
    I can work six hours , have a shot ea hour and supervise better quality than a chicom.
    Do something Danke

I can work six hours , have a shot ea hour and supervise better quality than a chicom.

Ya Mexico is probably better, We just Need another trail of tears to relocate them there.

we could export out Somalis here to oversee them.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

A Question for Trump Supporters

What ethical, legal, economic (et. al.) wrong did U.S. companies commit by having their businesses in China that gives Trump any ethical, legal, economic (et. al.) authority to force them to leave?
    "Then David said to the Philistine, 'You come to me with a sword, a spear, and a javelin, but I come to you in the name of Yahweh of hosts, the God of the battle lines of Israel, Whom you have reproached.'" - 1 Samuel 17:45

"May future generations look back on our work and say that these were men and women who, in moment of great crisis, stood up to their politicians, the opinion-makers, and the Establishment, and saved their country." - Dr. Ron Paul

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I supported Gunny against the haters and he knows it.
    I could dig up the posts to prove it but you aren't worth it.

Gunny is the one doing to me what you claim I am doing to him, but that's typical of you since you project your own offensive behavior all the time.
    Oh, look. Chihuahuabot's trying to put a lying spin on the past. As usual.

You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Oh, look. Chihuahuabot's trying to put a lying spin on the past. As usual.

Great Selfie!

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Theocrat View Post
    What ethical, legal, economic (et. al.) wrong did U.S. companies commit by having their businesses in China that gives Trump any ethical, legal, economic (et. al.) authority to force them to leave?
    Aid and comfort to an enemy waging trade warfare against us, trying to destroy us and trying to subject us to communism.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Yap! Yap! Yap!
    I've got mustard, little dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    Okay, let me try this again. I’m looking for the Article, Section, and Clause of the US Constitution that authorizes a US President to order private free market companies to do.... well anything.

Article.

Section.

Clause.

It’s either there or it isn’t.

Okay, let me try this again. I’m looking for the Article, Section, and Clause of the US Constitution that authorizes a US President to order private free market companies to do.... well anything.

Article.

Section.

Clause.

A3S3:
    Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort.

The Congress shall have Power to declare the Punishment of Treason

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Article.

Section.

Clause.

A1S8:

The Congress shall have Power To...regulate Commerce with foreign Nations

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I think you are making all of this up. I have never all my almost 46 years said that my own solutions do not work.

Like the idea that “government should obey the Constitution?”

.... if any of that helps you sleep at night you can believe it if you wish, but I don’t really find your pet fantasies as to my behavior compelling evidence to convince me that you know more about my motives than I do.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    A1S8:

The Congress shall have Power To...regulate Commerce with foreign Nations
    When did Trump get elected to Congress?

And how does one Congressman Trump set policy without a single vote?

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast