Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trump Admin Is Considering Using Amazon Echo/Apple Watch To Determine If You Should Own A Gun

Trump Admin Is Considering Using Amazon Echo/Apple Watch To Determine If You Should Own A Gun

Trump Admin Is Considering Using Amazon Echo And Apple Watch To Determine If Citizens Should Own A Gun
    https://dailycaller.com/2019/08/22/t...ol-background/
    The Trump administration is considering a proposal that would use Google, Amazon and Apple to collect data on users who exhibit characteristics of mental illness that could lead to violent behavior...

The proposal is part of an initiative to create a Health Advanced Research Projects Agency (HARPA), which would be located inside the Health and Human Services Department, the report notes, citing sources inside the administration. The new agency would have a separate budget and the president would be responsible for appointing its director.
    At times it looks like he is trying hard to lose would should be an easy win. Yet very odd that the only alternative options are the lunatic fringe. Meanwhile Trump says he will give the authoritarian lunatics whatever they want.

Sure seems like it is all by design. Not only a sham Presidency but all of it just one big sham on the American people.
    Last edited by kahless; 08-23-2019 at 09:29 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    fu king
    traitor

just another day...
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

When Trump won the Republican nomination, it was because he was supported by people who knew he would do things like this and were totally fine with it.

Big Brother is watching you...

The Suzanne Wright Foundation approached the president recently and proposed the agency
    Who? Always a foundation or some special interest behind these things.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

"citing sources inside the administration.."

So, basically fake news for now.

How is it that anyone is the least little bit surprised by any of this? Trump was always, OBVIOUSLY a full-blown dyed in the wool authoritarian and HUGE supporter of virtually every domestic police state measure immaginable. What's to be surprised about?
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

I don't have Amazon Echo or an Apple watch.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Banned

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    How is it that anyone is the least little bit surprised by any of this?
    Im never surprised when this forums is full of headlines saying Trump is considering things, and everybody screaming about how what he is considering is the end of the world. This pattern started as soon as he was elected.

Shall we take a trip back in time, and just list every single thread with a headline with the words "Trump" and "considering" and all the variants thereof?

Probably only get a bigger return if you try the terms "Trump" and "Russia", and half of those would be started by the same sky-is-falling idiots.

LoL @ "full blown authoritarian, OmG!!!!!"
    Last edited by UWDude; 08-23-2019 at 11:16 AM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post
    Im never surprised when this forums is full of headlines saying Trump is considering things, and everybody screaming about how what he is considering is the end of the world. This pattern started as soon as he was elected.

Shall we take a trip back in time, and just list every single thread with a headline with the words "Trump" and "considering" and all the variants thereof?

Probably only get a bigger return if you try the terms "Trump" and "Russia", and half of those would be started by the same sky-is-falling idiots.

I know it.

It's like that time he was considering cutting foreign aid.

What kind of idiot couldn't see that he "considers" things all the time?

Yet here we were once again with fake news article after fake news article talking about how the sky was falling because he was considering cutting foreign aid.

Stupid plebs.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by PursuePeace View Post

Administration sources are fake news when the spin is doubleplusungood for Trump.

But when the spin is doubleplusgood, the same sources suddenly become MAGA-licious ...
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

The proposal is a small research project using volunteers to learn about mental illness. The article uses false projection, insinuating Trump wants this data on everyone or would require this data before buying a gun. FAKE NEWS.
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    The proposal is a small research project using volunteers to learn about mental illness. The article uses false projection, insinuating Trump wants this data on everyone or would require this data before buying a gun. FAKE NEWS.

When he says, "We have very very strong background checks right now but we have uh, sorta missing areas, areas that don't complete the whole circle and we're looking at different things...." what do you think he is referring to?
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    When Trump won the Republican nomination, it was because he was supported by people who knew he would do things like this and were totally fine with it.
    Yep, and the strong 2nd amendment supporters voted for Hillary
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Administration sources are fake news when the spin is doubleplusungood for Trump.

But when the spin is doubleplusgood, the same sources suddenly become MAGA-licious ...

Not only that but when he's reported as "considering" something doubleplusgood, the Trumpkins quite often refer to it as a fait accompli, even though no substantive action has actually taken place. Must be some real good drugs.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    Well maybe Trump should STFU about more gun control laws and his constant virtue signalling to his enemies on guns. The gun grabbers are never going to vote for him no matter what he does, so there is no point of compromising and betraying his own base. If he loses this will be one of the main reasons. People that turned out for him in 2016 will sit home for his betrayals.

If we loose are gun rights it will be due to blind Trump shills like yourself and his base failing to hold him accountable when he betrays our support.

I hear what you're saying, but it's fake news either way, until further information comes out or credible sources are cited.

Maybe the WP was "given" this information to get people outraged at how the big tech companies are spying on the American people. Maybe it's a way to get leftists to become interested in the issues they SHOULD be interested in and fighting against. Perhaps it's fake news wrapped in a riddle? Who knows. Anything is possible these days.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post

Like when he kept saying he is going to ban bump stocks and never did. Oh wait.

I hear what you're saying, but it's fake news either way, until further information comes out or credible sources are cited.
    I don't really think it's fake news, so much as it is just tentative and/or speculative.

But whatever it is, I can't really sympathize much with Trump supporters who are outraged that anyone could take a story like this seriously.

I mean, it's not like Trump hasn't taped a "KICK ME" sign to his own back when it comes to gun control issues ...

Banned

Blog Entries

amazing how it works both ways for both groups, eh? Almost as if everything is interpreted through personal lenses and biases!

(except you, of course... ..you are a stalwart of truth!)

Banned

Blog Entries
    I don't really think it's fake news, so much as it is just tentative and/or speculative.

But whatever it is, I can't really sympathize much with Trump supporters who are outraged that anyone could take a story like this seriously.

I mean, it's not like Trump hasn't taped a "KICK ME" sign to his own back when it comes to gun control issues ...
    And I cant sympathize much with people who are begging me to wake up and admit Trump is an OBVIOUS authoritarian tyrant because he considers things according to sources familiar with his thinking.

It's been 3 years now, and I got to admit, I am just not seeing the gestapo kicking down doors, and edicts for censorship, at least not from Trump. Now Roger Stone had a SWAT team put on his ass, and silicon valley is definitely trying to silence conservatives, but we have to remember, as @SuperfluosMan told us, Trump is the main enemy, not the MSM and their cohorts.

Oh, and of course, Trump cant even do right about gun control, unless he calls the false flags for what they are.

(Has even Ron Paul ever considered calling some of theses mass shootings as false flags?)

Tl:dr 3 years of alarmist bleating sound like the drone of crickets to me now.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    I personally am more revolted by states making abortion illegal, even in the case of rape and incest, but, whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    Household rubber band available at a store near you.

Fair enough.

Fact of the matter is that we have seen more gun control measures under Trump than Obama.

As AF has pointed out, if Hillary had been elected none of these measures would have gotten any traction.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I try to say something nice about the government every day, where my Echo can hear it.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    I try to say something nice about the government every day, where my Echo can hear it.
    Well say it in your car so onstar can hear it. Usually your phone is listening anyway...
    "Nobody wins in a Dairy Challenge" ~ Kenny Rogers, RIP

"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest." ~ anonymous

“The fate of all mankind I see
    Is in the hands of fools” ~ King Crimson

Banned

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    Fact of the matter is that we have seen more gun control measures under Trump than Obama.
    Obama only had one gun control measure, and Trump rescinded it.

so obama is +1, and Trump is +1 -1.

^^^THIS^^^

It also sounds like satire to me.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Banned

Blog Entries
    XD Trump!

I get what he is doing now! He is doing exactly what I said he should do.

Next Amazon and Apple users need to volunteer themselves to be unarmed, in an orgy of virtue signalling.

Make the overlords disarm their own zombies.

Because they think this is a just game, an argument to be won online and with your parents / rowdy boys.

XD

Patton reincarnated, indeed.
    Last edited by UWDude; 08-23-2019 at 08:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post

As AF has pointed out, if Hillary had been elected none of these measures would have gotten any traction.
    President Trump is worse than Hillary.

Not only is Trump worse than Joe Biden, he's worse than Hillary too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast