Thread: Reporter testing the 'availability of guns at Walmart' fails background check

Reporter testing the 'availability of guns at Walmart' fails background check

Reporter testing the 'availability of guns at Walmart' fails background check

A senior correspondent for Business Insider investigated "the availability of guns at Walmart" by attempting to purchase a firearm, but proved unable to do so after failing a background check.

"I went to Walmart with the intention of buying a gun last week as part of an investigation into the placement, selection, marketing, and security of firearms in Walmart's stores, and to learn more about the retailer's processes governing gun sales," Hayley Peterson said in article should wrote for Business Insider. "My journey to bring a gun home from Walmart turned out to be far more complicated than I expected."

Walmart's lack of advertising and the fact they only sell guns in certain stores frustrated Peterson's attempt to buy one. After failing a background check, she decided that buying a gun at Walmart was not worth it.

Peterson failed the background check after her home address did not match the one on her license. The clerk told her that she would have to bring in another document with the correct address to pass.

"She apologized, told me the rules were strict around background checks, and asked me to come back another time to finish the purchase," Peterson recounted. "At this point, I decided to give up on buying a gun at Walmart."

Peterson's investigation came amid claims that background checks do not adequately prevent gun violence. Some have called for Walmart to stop selling firearms altogether, including half-a-dozen Democratic presidential candidates, such as Sens. Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts and Bernie Sanders of Vermont.
    hxxps://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/reporter-testing-the-availability-of-guns-at-walmart-fails-background-check

Not quite an accurate headline but what do you expect from gun grabbing halfwits.

She didn't fail a background check as one was not conducted due to her not being able to pass step one of purchasing a firearm. That is, confirming that the address on your Driver's License is your current physical address.

These people (obviously) have no clue about anything they are talking about and no shame to boot. She doesn't even realize how moronic her tweets about her ill conceived adventure really are.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    And as an added bonus a poll tax
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Hell, she should have tried it in NJ which includes:
    a criminal background check
    , letting the state search mental health records from any locality you have ever lived
    , getting signed references mailed back to them from 2 unrelated people willing to attest that you should be able to buy a gun
    , signing a document saying you won't use the gun to overthrow the govt
    , an official address verification by a police officer coming to your house (unscheduled) while you are home
    , and finally visiting your local police station to get your card signed.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    a criminal background check
    , letting the state search mental health records from any locality you have ever lived
    , getting signed references mailed back to them from 2 unrelated people willing to attest that you should be able to buy a gun
    , an official address verification by a police officer coming to your house (unscheduled) while you are home
    , and finally visiting your local police station to get your card signed.
    I think I might have asked before but why not jump a couple hundred miles into NH?
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    I think I might have asked before but why not jump a couple hundred miles into NH?
    you mean move there? or go there just to buy a gun?
    If you mean the former, then: life. if you mean the latter, its doable but then you cant use it anywhere without the card as all ranges require it and would probably risk arrest even if arguably legal.

[...]

[...]
    Well, those sneaky devils ...

"Excuse us, Mr. Government-Overthrower, but is this your signature?"

"Curses! Foiled again!"

Last edited by Occam's Banana; 08-23-2019 at 06:13 AM.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Certainly could apply to going to a store to acquire a weapon and being turned out to the hoodlum street.
    Last edited by Schifference; 08-23-2019 at 06:53 AM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    She's right, buying a gun at Walmart is NOT worth it. Convincing the counter retard that you actually want him to go in the back and bring out a non-display model, running down the questions on the 4473 2 at a time and clicking "next" in between, waiting half an hour for the manager to arrive to carry your gun to the front door and then getting home to find there isn't a key in the box for the trigger lock... Any LGS around here takes about ten minutes and trusts you to carry your own gun out, and without the trigger lock installed. Murka!
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ryan
    In Washington you can see them everywhere: the Parasites and baby Stalins sucking the life out of a once-great nation.

That doesn't surprise me one bit.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

you mean move there? or go there just to buy a gun?
    If you mean the former, then: life. if you mean the latter, its doable but then you cant use it anywhere without the card as all ranges require it and would probably risk arrest even if arguably legal.
    To move there.

The 2nd Amendment thing is ridiculous in NJ but that is honestly about the 19th thing wrong with the state. I guess it is easy for me to say that I would have packed up and left but honestly, I would have packed up and left. Many states would welcome your business, cost of living would be cheaper, better climate, etc. etc. etc.

Quote Originally Posted by fedupinmo View Post
    She's right, buying a gun at Walmart is NOT worth it. Convincing the counter retard that you actually want him to go in the back and bring out a non-display model, running down the questions on the 4473 2 at a time and clicking "next" in between, waiting half an hour for the manager to arrive to carry your gun to the front door and then getting home to find there isn't a key in the box for the trigger lock... Any LGS around here takes about ten minutes and trusts you to carry your own gun out, and without the trigger lock installed. Murka!
    Lmfao. It's funny because that has literally happened to me.

Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    To move there.

The 2nd Amendment thing is ridiculous in NJ but that is honestly about the 19th thing wrong with the state. I guess it is easy for me to say that I would have packed up and left but honestly, I would have packed up and left. Many states would welcome your business, cost of living would be cheaper, better climate, etc. etc. etc.
    yeah, life gets in the way. currently waiting on my MIL to retire in 2 years, then we are all outa here.