Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Joe Walsh to mount primary bid against 'absolutely unfit' Trump

Joe Walsh to mount primary bid against 'absolutely unfit' Trump

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...-trump-1471632

CHICAGO — Joe Walsh, the flame-throwing conservative radio show host and former Illinois congressman, is moving toward challenging President Donald Trump in a Republican primary, calling the president an “unfit divider in chief” and claiming the party is craving an alternative.

Walsh told POLITICO on Wednesday he is confident he could secure the resources and support to mount a challenge against the president, and that if he ran, he would announce in short order. While Walsh would not confirm he would enter the primary, two sources who spoke to him said he was privately confirming he would announce his presidential bid this weekend.

“If I’m to do it, it’s going to happen soon,” Walsh told POLITICO on Wednesday. “I’ve been really surprised by the amount of anxiousness from people across the spectrum who want this president to have a challenge, because there’s just a real concern that he’s absolutely unfit.”

Walsh has little chance of posing a genuine threat to Trump, who’s light-years ahead in fundraising and whose favorability ratings remain strong with Republicans in poll after poll.

He was elected in 2010 as part of the Tea Party movement and served one term. Initially a strong backer of Trump, he became a steady critic of the president and has called him “a danger to this country.”

When asked whether he could secure financial resources to go up against Trump’s treasure chest, Walsh responded: “Abso-freaking-lutely. There’s a drumbeat from a lot of people out there for somebody who wants to take this on.”

Walsh contends that based on conversations he’s had, he could win financial support “all over the spectrum.”

“I think if there is an alternative out there,” Walsh said, “the money will follow.”

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Who?
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

The Only trouble with Walsh is that he has no fkg idea why he opposes Trump .

https://www.salon.com/2019/08/21/as-...the-primaries/

As many as five Republicans may challenge Trump in the primaries

Four former Republican lawmakers are considering joining former Massachusetts Gov. Bill Weld in the primary battle against President Donald Trump.

Former Reps. Joe Walsh, R-Ill., and Mark Sanford, R-S.C., are close to launching primary challenges to Trump, The Washington Post reports, while former Sen. Jeff Flake, R-Ariz., and former Ohio Gov. John Kasich are being recruited into the race by anti-Trump Republican donors. The only Republican to formally announce his candidacy is Weld, who ran as Gary Johnson’s running mate on the Libertarian Party ticket in 2016, but has failed to gain any traction.

Flake, who frequently criticized Trump before leaving the Senate, has received a “flurry of recruitment calls” from Republican donors, according to the report. Flake has said he is “unlikely” to jump into the race but is keeping his “door slightly ajar.” The former Arizona senator said that Republican donors are worried that the slumping economy could cost Republicans the White House.

“They are wondering, if the economy isn’t stellar next year, how is the party going to win? By the president offending more people?” Flake told the Post.

Kasich will head to New Hampshire next month to meet with supporters. Longtime Kasich adviser John Weaver told the Post that the former 2016 candidate is “continually looking at this race and has seen an increase in people asking him to get in.”

Sanford, another critic of Trump who lost his 2018 congressional primary race (in a seat ultimately won by a Democrat), recently returned from New Hampshire and is “leaning toward jumping in,” according to the Post.

Of course, Sanford and Flake no longer have jobs as elected Republicans because they opposed Trump, and challenging him in the primary could pose an insurmountable challenge. A recent Fox News poll showed that 88 percent of Republican voters approve of the job Trump is doing.

“Anybody who says, ‘I think I can beat Donald Trump,’ I think is stretching it,” Sanford told the Post. “It’s a daunting task and it is indeed preposterous at many different levels.”

Instead, Sanford believes he “could win without winning” by focusing on conservative principles over Trump’s big spending and the economy.

“We really are at a financial tipping point the likes of which we haven’t seen in a very long time,” Sanford said. “Unless we constructively engage this issue, which is not being done, I think the financial markets will do it for us, and historically that process has been bloody for regular, working, everyday Americans.”

Walsh, a former Tea Party congressman who now hosts a radio show, is the closest of the four Republicans to launching a formal primary challenge. Walsh, who repeatedly smeared former President Obama, both when Walsh was in Congress and as a talk show host, told The Post he would turn the primary battle into a “bar fight.”

Walsh, who penned a scathing New York Times op-ed calling Trump “fundamentally unfit” for office, said he would directly confront Trump.

“He’s a bully and he’s a coward,” Walsh told the Post. “Somebody’s got to punch him in the face every single day.”

Bill Kristol, the former editor of the Weekly Standard and a prominent "Never Trump" Republican who now heads the anti-Trump group Republicans for the Rule of Law, had tried to recruit Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan into a primary campaign, but Hogan apparently declined. Kristol admitted that it was a long shot to unseat Trump in the primary but said his “dream scenario” would be to have a primary challenger weaken Trump enough to have a more prominent Republican decide to jump in.

“You need more erosion of Trump in the polls, maybe an economic slowdown, more of a sense of him coming unglued, but the key is getting voters to focus on the question of whether they’re OK with four more years of Trump in the Oval Office,” Kristol said.

Anthony Scaramucci, the former White House communications director, has also launched a PAC called the Committee to Dismantle Trump after a falling-out with the president. Scaramucci vowed to raise money to run ads attacking Trump, but he too acknowledged that defeating him at the polls was unlikely.

“I’m going to throw my own dough in there, ask others to put their dough in there, and we’re going to explain to people what he’s doing,” Scaramucci said in a recent podcast interview. “I can grab ahold of 5, 6, 8 percent of the people that know he’s nuts and possibly move them.”

The anti-Trumpers’ disadvantage in challenging a president who is wildly popular in his own party is compounded by the fact that the Republican National Committee has effectively been taken over by the Trump campaign.

The RNC passed a resolution pledging its “undivided support” to Trump and has merged its fundraising and strategy with his campaign. The Trump campaign and affiliated committees raised a record $105 million between April and June. Some states are even considering canceling their Republican primaries altogether.

“Republicans are firmly behind the president and any effort to challenge him in a primary is bound to go absolutely nowhere,” RNC chairwoman Ronna Romney McDaniel said in a statement earlier this year.

Trump, who has repeatedly attacked Democratic frontrunners, does not appear to be worried about a challenge from the right.

“There’s no discussion of any of them or any of that,” White House adviser Kellyanne Conway told the Post. “None of them even has risen to the level of a nickname.”

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Who?
    He goes to parties sometimes until four
    It's hard to leave when he can't find the door

Who?
    He shows up about 9:00 into this video.

He is not in this video.

Who?
    I think he played guitar for The Eagles.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Who?
    Not the real Joe Walsh.
    Do something Danke

Who?
    He was a famous rock star in the 70's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcPq9O96qpE

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Oh man, this is going to fail so completely and utterly. I don't even mean he'll fail to unseat Trump (he will, of course), I mean that all this will do is make people like Trump more.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

Seems To Me....he's just an Ordinary Average Guy....some call him an Analog Man....because he likes living the Rocky Mountain Way....instead of In The City.....Lifes Been Good to him.
    "It's probably the biggest hoax since Big Foot!" - Mitt Romney 1-16-2012 SC Debate

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Not the real Joe Walsh.
    Lol. He's fake Joe Walsh
    "It's probably the biggest hoax since Big Foot!" - Mitt Romney 1-16-2012 SC Debate

I've met Walsh several times, one time he rudely interrupted a conversation I was having with Larry Pratt, all but ignoring Mr Pratt (he had no idea who he was). Walsh is a bit of a weirdo, and I wouldn't say he was part of the tea party movement - I'd describe him as more of a political groupie that would just not go away.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    ...and this one gets posted again:

Gulag Chief:

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    It's tough to handle this fortune and fame
    Everybody's so different, I haven't changed.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Sad part is that Tea Party conservative Joe W is not alone.. unfortuantely GOA leaders, Drudge, Coulter, Breitbart, Foxnews, Wash Examiner, Bannon, David Duke, Pelosi all have turned on MAGA lately and list keeps on growing.
    No need to panic yet but if Foxnews did not show MAGA in lead in next month or so, it might be time then.

Coulter on Trump : "Joke presidency who scammed the American people"
    According to the Daily Beast, Coulter additionally noted that this current decision of Trump’s to back away from a shutdown over the border wall could permanently dismantle his legacy.
    Either Trump never intended to build a wall and was scamming voters from the beginning or he hasn’t the first idea in how to get it done and no interest in finding out. My prediction is his support will evaporate and Trump will very likely not finish his term and definitely not be elected to a second term.”
    https://www.inquisitr.com/5216330/an...erm-over-wall/

Conservative Gun Owners Of America leader on Trump: 'He's a fraud and has betrayed us twice now'

Drudge is turning on Trump

White Nationalist leader Spencer who once supported Trump now says he's playing a 'con game'

David Duke supported Trump in 2016 and now supports Ilhan Omar

Trump Hits Washington Examiner as ‘Fake News’ for Report That He Hasn’t Built Any New Wall

Ann Coulter: Trump by the Numbers

Potentially Related

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fox...emocratic-race

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    Who?
    His Maseratti does one-eighty-five
    He lost his license, now he don't drive
    He has a limo, he rides in the back
    He locks the doors in case he's attacked
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post

A flock of wah-wahs??

I prefer Waka Flocka

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    It's tough to handle this fortune and fame
    Everybody's so different, I haven't changed.
    He's making records, his fans they can't wait...

They write him letters, tell him he's great
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Fun Fact:

Joe Walsh is the first "convict" to get up and dance on the tables in this scene.

“Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Adam Kokesh is running for president.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    Adam Kokesh is running for president.
    Nobody knows who that is , something he will have in common with fake Joe Walsh . Combined they would get less total votes than Gary Johnson. RPF's fan favorite bill weld will crush these with nearly one percent of the vote
    Last edited by oyarde; 08-23-2019 at 05:44 AM.
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    A flock of wah-wahs??

I prefer Waka Flocka
    Perhaps you do, but that's not Joe Walsh - at least it doesn't sound like the Joe Walsh I know.

"Wah wahs" trails the "Life's been good" track - @8:15 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6O_OVTrHQqM

Gulag Chief:

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Well, he's telling us this and he's telling us that, changes it every day
    Says it doesn't matter
    Bases are loaded and Casey's at bat
    TIME TO CHANGE THE BATTER

Sure would be great to see Sanford knock it out of the park!
    I have an autographed copy of Revolution: A Manifesto for sale. Mint condition, inquire within. (I don't sign in often, so please allow plenty of time for a response)

I believe that he drives a Dodge.

Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post

Those waw waws are annoying, and they breed like rabbits. Damn things are everywhere.
    "The Patriarch"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast